The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #26
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
damn dood, u rain on my parade. I'm happy with Prater.

He missed two 40-49 yards and one 50+ in sept/oct last year.

This year? He hasn't missed a kick.
haha, just pointing out facts, i remember he shanked some easy ones early last year but corrected from then on.

i think hes great and his clutch 50+ yarders last year were awesome. too bad i started laurence tynes today however :/
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Your first point is exactly right. We'd be talking about how ballsy Fox is if it had been converted.
No. You and a few others might flip flop like that because a coach lucks out with stupid calls, but myself and others would still be calling it stupid. If a team goes for it on 4th and 10 and call a run, it's a bad call regardless as to whether the running back actually converted it. That fake was probably a lower percentage play than running on 4th and 10, so yeah...
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #28
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No. You and a few others might flip flop like that because a coach lucks out with stupid calls, but myself and others would still be calling it stupid. If a team goes for it on 4th and 10 and call a run, it's a bad call regardless as to whether the running back actually converted it. That fake was probably a lower percentage play than running on 4th and 10, so yeah...
Wait, I'm a flip flopper? I'm saying it was a good, aggressive call as it stands now. How does that make me a flip flopper?

YOU'RE PROJECTING, BROSKI.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #29
Agamemnon

Quote:
Fair enough. And to clear up my previous point, I'm not saying we should try fake FG's every game. But for me, I'm never going to penalize the guy for being aggressive. Would Manning have been a better option? Yeah, clearly. But in general, go Fox.
Truly being aggressive would be to line up with your offense and go for it on 4th and short. And really, were talking about Fox here, arguably the most conservative head coach in the league today. This is the guy that loves to punt no matter how dire the situation. If this is his notion of being aggressive I can see why he's usually conservative. Aggressive and stupid are two very different things.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #30
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
haha, just pointing out facts, i remember he shanked some easy ones early last year but corrected from then on.

i think hes great and his clutch 50+ yarders last year were awesome. too bad i started laurence tynes today however :/
Clearly from a fantasy stand point Tynes cannot hit the long ball. He's 34 and has no leg. If you are looking for a fantasy kicker pick up greg zuerlin of the Rams. I had Prater in a couple of leagues today and he garnered 15 points(bonus 50+ kicks). You have to assume the Broncos will score on offense, which I do. Hence, Prater is a good play since I think the Broncos O is evolving into getting better.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #31
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i think i got autodrafted tynes in our 16 team league in the last round. need to upgrade this week ill check out the rams guy if hes there.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #32
Agamemnon

Quote:
Wait, I'm a flip flopper? I'm saying it was a good, aggressive call as it stands now. How does that make me a flip flopper?

YOU'RE PROJECTING, BROSKI.
Fine, maybe you aren't, but a lot of people would be. If it had worked they would've lauded it, but since it didn't they condemn it. I think it was one of the stupidest calls I've ever seen, and had a miracle taken place and it had worked I would still think it was one of the stupidest plays I'd ever seen. If you want to go for it use your offense that is presently carving up the opposing defense to go for it. Don't use a fake field goal. That **** is for desperate teams that can't trust their offense to get a few yards on 4th down. Besides, we had the lead. There just wasn't any need for it.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #33
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Your first point is exactly right. We'd be talking about how ballsy Fox is if it had been converted. I don't have a problem with it one bit. I like us being a little unconventional, a little aggressive. I feel the same way about the early 4th down conversion we had before that.

Because the fact is, no player or coach in the history of football has been 100% on fourth down conversions. Just because Manning has the ball doesn't mean a conversion will happen. You have to take the bad with the good. I want more of that rather than 3 yards and a cloud of dust, then punt.

To your second point, you're correct. Prater was supposed to run the ball, but when the guy from the Raiders charged at him, he said he wanted to at least give Beadles a chance at it. Actually a somewhat head's up play from Prater, although a pooch punt would have been better.
I didn't see this post.

NO, IT WAS ****ING STUPID.

You put the ball in Manning's hand. Plain and simple. If not? You kick the ****ing field goal with Prater.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #34
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i think i got autodrafted tynes in our 16 team league in the last round. need to upgrade this week ill check out the rams guy if hes there.
WOW a 16 team league?

Rams can't punch it in the red zone with Jackson/Richardson. Also, the rams just cannot make plays on their 50. Hence their awesome kicker.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #35
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'm just glad that it was against the Raiders, and it turned out to be a situation where people could laugh about it later. Under different circumstances, it might have cost them the game.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
delany
Uber Bronco

Gotta love fake field goals against the Raiders.

Brings visions of Jim Turner...
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #37
DENVERDUI55

Was stupid to try the fake. Kick the FG go up to possesions or line up and let your HOF QB make the right call.