The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I want Austin and Shayne Skov. Homer pick is Rex Burkhead injuries should make him slip to the 4th. Margus Hunt DE from SMU is a guy that I'm loving right now. 6 foot 8 DE that is fast and raw. Problem is he will be a 28 year old rookie. He has huge boom or bust grades.
The interesting thing is they are high on Hunter. And with Jackson and Ayers and even Wolfe able to play the strong side, I'm not sure how they view the need for a DE. Dooms deal gets more cap friendly.

What do you like about skov? He looks more like a 3-4 LB or SLB like Von in our scheme.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
The interesting thing is they are high on Hunter. And with Jackson and Ayers and even Wolfe able to play the strong side, I'm not sure how they view the need for a DE. Dooms deal gets more cap friendly.

What do you like about skov? He looks more like a 3-4 LB or SLB like Von in our scheme.
Skov has the size and speed you would want from a MLB imo. As for Hunt, dude is a monster. Would instantly impact special teams with his size. He has 7 blocked kicks in college. He also would cog passing lanes with his size. Could be a poor mans Watt. Wolfe I imagine will play more inside in his second season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #28
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I would prefer Mosley if I was sure Denver could get Austin that late in the second. I've seen Austin going in the second on draft sites but, I have the feeling after the combine he will move up boards.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

I don't know exactly where he will fit, and he is a long term project, but keep your eye out for Ziggy Ansah. I think he will end up being a great LDE, even though people are thinking of him as a 3-4 OLB or RDE. He is getting better every game and has all the physical tools you could dream of. I don't see DE as a huge need, but if he picked I would not be upset. He could very well end up being a 1st round pick.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
EastOrange

Walterfootball.com is calling Ezekiel Ansah as the Falcons' first-rounder in their new 2013 Mock. Has the Broncos taking Sylvester Williams (DT UNC) in Rd. 1 and Khaseem Green, LB out of Rutgers in Rd. 2 and then Stepfan Taylor in Rd. 3. Tavon Austin is gone to the Bills in the top of the 2nd.

I can't argue with having an even stronger D. I don't know if waiting until Rd. 3 is ideal though.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #31
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastOrange View Post
Walterfootball.com is calling Ezekiel Ansah as the Falcons' first-rounder in their new 2013 Mock. Has the Broncos taking Sylvester Williams (DT UNC) in Rd. 1 and Khaseem Green, LB out of Rutgers in Rd. 2 and then Stepfan Taylor in Rd. 3. Tavon Austin is gone to the Bills in the top of the 2nd.

I can't argue with having an even stronger D. I don't know if waiting until Rd. 3 is ideal though.
No TE screw them
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastOrange View Post

I don't think Williams gets drafted in the first round. Too much talent at other positions.

Honestly I think we can get a really good power back in the third to fourth round this year. Ball is projected to go in the third round and Burkhead is third or fourth round as well.

I think this is a good draft to fill needs with uber talented players.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I don't think Williams gets drafted in the first round. Too much talent at other positions.

Honestly I think we can get a really good power back in the third to fourth round this year. Ball is projected to go in the third round and Burkhead is third or fourth round as well.

I think this is a good draft to fill needs with uber talented players.
I wouldn't be upset if the Broncos went with Barrett Jones, C, Alabama in the first. Face it, Walton is average, at best, and Koppen is a stop-gap. Jones takes the entire Oline up about five notches. If you go by the theory of getting the widest influence out of your picks, upgrading at center is the way to go.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Jones can play a lot of positions on the OL too. Super smart.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

DL OL slot WR with speed.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #36
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
DL OL slot WR with speed.
I don't want to sound homer on this guy because I think he is a guy that goes undrafted but, Baker Steinkuhler might be worth a look. He was the number two OL guy in his recruiting class, OT/OG 6'6 290. NU switched him to DT where he has been meh. He could be a practice squad guy that has so developing room at OG in the NFL or develop into a DT at the NFL level. I've seen people say he is a mid level to late round draft prospect though.

Just thinking outside the box on late round guys.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
Bmore Manning

I still think we need a DT.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #38
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
This is the year to grab them. Unfortunately, we won't have a shot at the top three guys who I think are gonna be gamechangers. I fully expect 10 DL to be taken in the first-round this year.

It will be interesting to see how aggressive the team is in the draft (trading up, future selection use, etc.) if we fall short this year. Guess a lot of it depends on what is done in FA, but I want us to ball out on the defensive talent this year. Seriously it is GREAT.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #39
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Where do you see Sharrif Floyd going Req? I seen as high as the first round and as low as to us in the second round I haven't watched him play just like what I read about him.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #40
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This is the year to grab them. Unfortunately, we won't have a shot at the top three guys who I think are gonna be gamechangers. I fully expect 10 DL to be taken in the first-round this year.

It will be interesting to see how aggressive the team is in the draft (trading up, future selection use, etc.) if we fall short this year. Guess a lot of it depends on what is done in FA, but I want us to ball out on the defensive talent this year. Seriously it is GREAT.
An immense amount of DL talent in the draft! Who do you like as DT options?
I like Richardson and Short. The question is where does Wolfe fit next year..?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #41
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

We do agree 100%
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #42
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

There are a ****load of Dlinemen. What I wouldn't give for Star Lotulelei!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #43
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There are a ****load of Dlinemen. What I wouldn't give for Star Lotulelei!
I was raving about the kid this time last year on the Colts Forum and said his name on here many months ago..
He is the do it all DT we could really use..

I really wonder if they even address this position in the draft. Rookie DTs usually don't make immediate impact, and you would think Wolfe plays inside next season, if Hunter is the stud DE he was proclaimed as pre season. I'd still take a Short or Richardson to play DT or even a good NT.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #44
RocBronc
Pro Bowler

As it looks more and more like we'll be picking pretty late in the 1st round I like the situation we're in. I don't think we have one glaring need which gives us the freedom to take what I think is the best way to approach a draft... That being taking the best available player (esp. early in the draft). We could use help on the interior of the OL or DL, MLB, RB, or even CB which could give us a lot of options come our turn to draft.
RocBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

This actually wouldn't be such a bad draft to be picking at 32.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #46
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Skov has the size and speed you would want from a MLB imo. As for Hunt, dude is a monster. Would instantly impact special teams with his size. He has 7 blocked kicks in college. He also would cog passing lanes with his size. Could be a poor mans Watt. Wolfe I imagine will play more inside in his second season.
I'm really warming up to a strong side DE like Hunt.. Wolfe is not doing it for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #47
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Where do you see Sharrif Floyd going Req? I seen as high as the first round and as low as to us in the second round I haven't watched him play just like what I read about him.
Kawann Short DT
Sheldon Richardson DT
Both of these guys are productive interior rushers.

Brandon Williams DT *really like what I have seen and read about this kid*
His versatility makes him the most intriguing option and one of my sleepers in the draft.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #48
Shananahan

Sheldon Richardson has rocks for brains, but he's a hell of a player. I'd be excited if they landed him.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #49
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

It seems we are just about at the point of being able to pick BPA, even though we have a couple of weak spots on the team.

Unfortunately we got away from doing so after we drafted both Wilson and Pryce since then not many player we took were worth keepin for a second contract.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #50
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
It seems we are just about at the point of being able to pick BPA, even though we have a couple of weak spots on the team.

Unfortunately we got away from doing so after we drafted both Wilson and Pryce since then not many player we took were worth keepin for a second contract.
With FA you should draft BPA imo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: