The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
g6matty

Default mock draft

i posted this over on forums.denverbroncos.com also but id like to see what you guys think about my mock

im not big guy on college football but i know a little. with our needs and area we should be drafting this is what i think would be a great first three rounds.

i should also say i dont know if all these players will commit to the draft or not but if it played out like this we would have a great first three rounds.

round 1

Alex Ogletree
MLB Georgia

athletically gifted. play maker. good frame and sideline to sideline speed. instant upgrade and day 1 starter.

round 2

Joseph Randle
RB Oklahoma State

great speed and play making ability. GREAT SIZE and FRAME. tall lengthy strider -- long term speed. not a true complement to hillman but this guy has a little demarco murray in him. feisty runner

round 3

Stedman Bailey
WR West Virginia

our future star in the slot. victor cruz esque. hes short at 5'10 but i remember commentators saying he has the wingspan of someone who is 6'2 .great run after the catch and deep ball ability. can learn from manning and be our randall cobb.

again im not a college football expert so these guys may be rated higher then where i have them being picked but from looking at mock drafts this is relatively where they're slotted.

BPA matches up with our greatest needs in my mock draft. i do realise we are weak at DT but we can address that in free agency or snag some guys late for depth.

these guys can all step in day one and contribute and grow into studs . id cry with joy if this is how our draft panned out
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Thoughts:

1. Not so sure about Ogletree. Multiple failed drug tests. Athleticism looks fine, but he's played in a pure 34 defense, it's a projection to put him at MIKE in a 43. He also needs to gain weight for such a role, he gets trucked too much from when I've watched him. Best thing about him is his instincts, he's flies around and always gets in on the tackle. I think a more likley first round LB target might be Kevin Minter from LSU.

2. Don't really see Randle as the complimentary RB piece that we need. His game is a little redundant with Hillman's. I think between McGahee's age and Moreno likely in his last year with us, that finding a between-the-tackles back would be top priority. Montee Ball or Stepfan Taylor make the most sense to me if we're talking late second round backs.

3. Really like the Bailey selection, but he's essentially Ryan Broyles minus the injuries, and Broyles went in the 2nd. Titus Young is another comparable WR and he went mid 2nd. In a weak WR draft, I'm not sure he even makes it to our late second round selection, let alone the 3rd. Maybe Ryan Swope or Kenny Stills at this point.

So, final summary: Despite being good players, I'm not sure Ogletree and Randle are good fits for our team, though I do agree you targeted good players at positions of need. I actually think going MLB-RB-SlotWR with our first three picks is a legitimate option. So, nicely done overall.

Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 12-03-2012 at 05:03 PM..
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
g6matty

I agree elway might shy away from ogle tree because of his off field issues but fox and del rio might see enough in him to take the risk. His very athletic and could round out our LBs very nicely. I like his height because he could cover the gronks and Graham's beings he's an ex safety, no body on the team can cover TEs

I really like Randall's size compared to hill man who has similar skills but he's just flat out small. He could still be our Darren sproles if in fact that's what he's supposed to be but I believe Randall can be the between the tackles runner hill man hasn't shown he can be just yet. Think Chris ivory to sproles.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: