The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default NFL and refs have reached a partial agreement, pension issue still unsettled

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...al-system.html

The NFL and the referees have come to an agreement on one item that has been disputed during the lockout that now threatens to have replacement officials on the field for Week 4 of the regular season.

A compromise has been reached over the NFL’s goal to add 21 full-time officials. The sides agreed to the creation of a 21-man developmental program, according to Albert Breer of the NFL Network. Those officials would work with crews during the week and potentially be promoted on merit.

Unsettled is the pension issue that has been the major divide between the officials and the owners all along. The NFL doesn’t want to pour big bucks into a pension program for part-time workers. The officials don’t want to give up something they believe they already sacrificed to receive.

The good news is the sides met for long hours and more talks are expected. The bad news is the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens will play Thursday night.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

"on one item"
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Replacement refs get the Taiwanese treatment

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

That was without a doubt the most awesome thing I've ever scene on this whole lockout. Highlights include:
  1. Kyle Shanahan crying like a baby.
  2. The lingerie football league officials imagining a literal pair of scissors....scissoring.
  3. Goodell dressed as Caesar pissing on the fans.
  4. Sheep watching football.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That was without a doubt the most awesome thing I've ever scene on this whole lockout. Highlights include:
  1. Kyle Shanahan crying like a baby.
  2. The lingerie football league officialls imagining a literal pair of scissors scissoring.
  3. Gooddell dressed as Caeser pissing on the fans.
  4. Sheep watching football.
yeah...Goodell chopping off Vilma's head was epic too
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

They'll probably come back after week 5. Which is 4 weeks after the damage of a tainted season already done.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They'll probably come back after week 5. Which is 4 weeks after the damage of a tainted season already done.
didn't affect us.

the broncos lost 2 games because they played like sh*t. they didn't lose those because of the refs.

so long as we take care of business this weekend, i don't see how any broncos fans can be upset about the "new" refs. and it has been fun watching belicheat and the GB cheesehumpers lose their minds over some of their games.

even with Mays, that suspension came down from the league office. blame that one on Goodell.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
didn't affect us.

the broncos lost 2 games because they played like sh*t. they didn't lose those because of the refs.

so long as we take care of business this weekend, i don't see how any broncos fans can be upset about the "new" refs. and it has been fun watching belicheat and the GB cheesehumpers lose their minds over some of their games.

even with Mays, that suspension came down from the league office. blame that one on Goodell.
Well, the atlanta game .... refs didnt exactly help. I know its like taking the moral high ground not to blame refs, but they def played a factor in that BS game. Several examples too
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Please... it's hardly tainted.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Last weekends crew was actually pretty good. I was surprised when I watched the game again about how often they got the calls right. They even kept the game moving and handled the procedural stuff well. I'd put that crew roughly on par with the average "real" NFL officiating crew.

The Atlanta game is a whole different story.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Well, the atlanta game .... refs didnt exactly help. I know its like taking the moral high ground not to blame refs, but they def played a factor in that BS game. Several examples too
we made it close late, but the Falcons beat us fair and square in that game. it's hard for me to get upset with the outcome. the game was basically over by halftime, or at least most of us thought so.

same with Houston.

i can live with those losses. i don't think this team was in any way deprived of a win by the refs. not to say that a couple of really bad calls by the refs at the end couldn't have affected us winning miraculously... just that we'd be in the same situation as GB right now. it's up to us to win the game decisively long before the 4th quarter. we didn't.

let's hope this team learned their lesson and we'll start out with the no-huddle against Oakland.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
we made it close late, but the Falcons beat us fair and square in that game. it's hard for me to get upset with the outcome. the game was basically over by halftime, or at least most of us thought so.

same with Houston.

i can live with those losses. i don't think this team was in any way deprived of a win by the refs. not to say that a couple of really bad calls by the refs at the end couldn't have affected us winning miraculously... just that we'd be in the same situation as GB right now. it's up to us to win the game decisively long before the 4th quarter. we didn't.

let's hope this team learned their lesson and we'll start out with the no-huddle against Oakland.
because the 10 points that resulted from the botched fumble and PI call wouldn't have made a difference?

Oh I forgot, football games are only 2 quarters long, so if you are behind the rest of the game is meaningless
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

same with Houston.

Who knows what would have happened if they don't **** up that fumble call. We would have been in FG range. Atl went on to score a TD. 10 point swing in a game we lost by 6. Give us the FG and take away their TD and we win 24-20.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
because the 10 points that resulted from the botched fumble and PI call wouldn't have made a difference?

Oh I forgot, football games are only 2 quarters long, so if you are behind the rest of the game is meaningless
the Falcons took their foot off the gas. that let the Broncos back in the game. are you honestly saying that the Broncos were as well coached or as good as the Falcons that game? because if so, you and i weren't watching the same game.

the Falcons won that game. the refs didn't give it to them.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Who knows what would have happened if they don't **** up that fumble call. We would have been in FG range. Atl went on to score a TD. 10 point swing in a game we lost by 6. Give us the FG and take away their TD and we win 24-20.
well, you could say the same about EVERY NFL game ever played then. what happens if they don't call "false start" in the 1st quarter? or what happens if they don't accidentally run 0:12 off the clock in the 2nd quarter? or whatever. you can find an early penalty in any game (ANY GAME!) that stopped a drive that otherwise would have continued. once you start playing "what if?", there's literally no outcome that can't be conceived for a game that's different from how it ended.

did you really have the feeling in either the Houston or Atlanta games that the Broncos were as good as their opponents, or as prepared? no matter the final score, the Broncos would have had to have been lucky to win either. they weren't. that's the end of it. life goes on.

now if you can't understand that, or don't want to and just want to argue hypotheticals, then i can never convince you otherwise.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

same with Houston.

The better team won in both the Atlanta and Houston games, no doubt about that, but neither game was particularly well officiated with the Atlanta game being a total ****sandwich.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

There doesn't need to be any additional discussion after this post right here.

Best video I've seen in a long time. Rep.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
the Falcons took their foot off the gas. that let the Broncos back in the game. are you honestly saying that the Broncos were as well coached or as good as the Falcons that game? because if so, you and i weren't watching the same game.

Im not buying the "falcons took their foot off the gas." This is like that "it was garbage time" argument. And yes, that fumble and crap PI call made a huge diff. Not to mention the pick play that created the first down on that final drive.

Im not saying it was the ONLY reason we lost that game, but it certainly was a big one.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
DENVERDUI55

Make no mistake the replacement refs are over their head. They have made some awful calls and are unsure of a lot of rules. Referee's are always under scrutiny and are not liked which is the nature of the job. Fans will always complain about the refs and now everyone acts like there will be zero bad calls once the real ones are back. I think they will make some bad calls until they are up to speed.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

Yes, I am saying that. Denver handed Atlanta their first 10 points, they gained a total of 23 yards for those points. 3 more points were the result of the fumble screw up. Atlanta then had one good drive in the first half. Their first TD in the second half was assisted by the phantom PI.

There was no gas pressed to let up on.

You want to argue Denver beat themselves...I might agree (with official help). I did not come away from that game thinking Atlanta was the better overall team though.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Yes, I am saying that. Denver handed Atlanta their first 10 points, they gained a total of 23 yards for those points. 3 more points were the result of the fumble screw up. Atlanta then had one good drive in the first half. Their first TD in the second half was assisted by the phantom PI.

There was no gas pressed to let up on.

You want to argue Denver beat themselves...I might agree (with official help). I did not come away from that game thinking Atlanta was the better overall team though.
i came away from that game with the feeling that...

Falcons coaching >> Broncos coaching

also, the -4 turnover differential was the reason we lost, not the refs.

we were also only 4 of 12 converting 3rd downs.

is Atlanta better than Denver? right now, the answer is a definite yes. at the end of the year it might be a different answer, but right now, they are.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #22
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

they need to get them back on the field ASAP. period, point blank and end of story.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #23
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
i came away from that game with the feeling that...

Falcons coaching >> Broncos coaching

also, the -4 turnover differential was the reason we lost, not the refs.

we were also only 4 of 12 converting 3rd downs.

is Atlanta better than Denver? right now, the answer is a definite yes. at the end of the year it might be a different answer, but right now, they are.
you think we might have won if it was a -3 turnover differential?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Please... it's hardly tainted.
less tainted than my taint.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
didn't affect us.

pretty good post .. while I like GB seeing them lose does not bother me all that much..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote