The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
AmericanBroncFan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default The Refs made the right call in GBvSEA

Tate has his left arm inside GB defnders hands on the BALL with his right arm around the GB defenders right arm on the BALL which makes it a tie and that goes to the offense. Watch the replay slow and even stop if you have to
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,998

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

This deserved another thread FOR SURE.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran
 
Prodigal19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 420
Default

But his right hand came off the ball before he had full possession then went back on it. The GB defender maintained possession.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,175
Default

the defender had full control before it would have been a tie. he would need both hands to establish a tie due to the defender having the ball clearly in his possession and coming down in bounds with the ball.

one hand somewhere in there and fall to the ground is not control nor is it a tie.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Tate has his left arm inside GB defnders hands on the BALL with his right arm around the GB defenders right arm on the BALL which makes it a tie and that goes to the offense. Watch the replay slow and even stop if you have to
Dude. That horse is dead. Stop. No. Seriously, stop.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,595
Default

__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Youre wrong on every single level a person could be wrong.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Game winning interception!

NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,517

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Obama said it was a bad call. If he fixes the NFL he gets my vote.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
AmericanBroncFan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Game winning interception!

This is after they hit the ground and the DB wrestled it away. Stop the replay when they're about 3/4 on their way down. The ball has 4 hands on it and it stays that way until impact
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

No they didn't, troll
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Except that Tate pushed off and should have been flagged for offensive PI which the NFL admitted.

Your point:
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Of course AmericanBroncFan thinks this, of course.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,222
Default

People b****ing about the replacement refs costing GB a regular season win.....but didn't care that the regular refs cost Seattle a SB title


"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better. I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough. When we make mistakes, you've got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl, it's difficult." - Bill Leavy (head official of SB XL)

His two calls didn't even count these two blown calls on the following video, nor the 3rd down Big Ben TD that wasn't a TD.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURI_...yer_detailpage

Last edited by errand; 09-25-2012 at 04:58 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

I hate that argument. "It happened before!" So what? Let's never correct mistakes or try to stop wrong acts because "they happen all the time! Can't stop them all!" Is that your point?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

VOTE ABF FOR TROLL OF THE YEAR.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,517

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I hate that argument. "It happened before!" So what? Let's never correct mistakes or try to stop wrong acts because "they happen all the time! Can't stop them all!" Is that your point?
Errand knows he is wrong but instead of admitting it he is going all Tebow defense on us.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

A.R. 8.29 NOT A SIMULTANEOUS CATCH

First-and-10 on A20. B3 controls a pass in the air at the A40 before A2, who then also controls the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground.

Ruling: B’s ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as B3 gains control first and retains control.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content..._Rule_Book.pdf

This directly contradicts what the NFL is claiming.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I hate that argument. "It happened before!" So what? Let's never correct mistakes or try to stop wrong acts because "they happen all the time! Can't stop them all!" Is that your point?
Also, who WASN'T pissed at how hard Seattle got jobbed?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Also, who WASN'T pissed at how hard Seattle got jobbed?
Exactly. Everyone was pissed about that ugly game that frauded the game away to the Steelers. Just because the Seahawks got robbed then doesn't make the refs bending over the Packers ok magically.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Tate has his left arm inside GB defnders hands on the BALL with his right arm around the GB defenders right arm on the BALL which makes it a tie and that goes to the offense. Watch the replay slow and even stop if you have to
Rewatch it yourself. They say tie of simultaneous goes to the offense, however Jennings has 2 hands on the ball before Tate gets his one hand on the ball.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
A.R. 8.29 NOT A SIMULTANEOUS CATCH

First-and-10 on A20. B3 controls a pass in the air at the A40 before A2, who then also controls the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground.

Ruling: Bís ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as B3 gains control first and retains control.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content..._Rule_Book.pdf

This directly contradicts what the NFL is claiming.
Also don't forget the rule of maintaining control as the player goes to the ground, esp in the endzone.

Quote:
If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
The defender is only one who maintained control on the way to the ground.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #25
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The defender is only one who maintained control on the way to the ground.
Slight correction: The defender is the only one who could have maintained control on the way to the ground.

The only two options for this play were:

Jennings controlled the ball through the entire process, resulting in an interception and touchback.

Neither Jennings nor Tate controlled the ball through the entire process, resulting in an incomplete pass.

No one who knows anything about...no. You know what? No one with EYES could possibly think that Tate had control through the entire process and Jennings did not.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Denver Broncos