The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #151
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I really don't understand why people (not just here and not just about the Chiefs) constantly act like players (or teams) don't deserve any credit when they take advantage of another player's (or team's) mistakes. It's part of the game.

It counts just as much as anything. Are you suggesting that none of Von's sacks have come because of another QB holding the ball too long?
No. Congrats. He got the sack counts as a sack. What it doesn't count as is "giving our line fits." It was a coverage sack and not what sheep stud was trying to illustrate at all. It's like if a wide open guy had tipped a ball and then it was intercepted and I was strutting around saying "you have no answers for our secondary."
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #152
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
No. Congrats. He got the sack counts as a sack. What it doesn't count as is "giving our line fits." It was a coverage sack and not what sheep stud was trying to illustrate at all. It's like if a wide open guy had tipped a ball and then it was intercepted and I was strutting around saying "you have no answers for our secondary."
Gotcha. I'll concede that to a point. Clady did get beat, but you're definitely correct that the sack may have been as much on the secondary as the OL.

My broader point still stands, though. It's one of my major pet peeves with intra-rival discussions.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #153
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Roids, weed...whatever...my point is he isnt very smart and is one more violation away from a year off. Who cares if you want to keep arguing what it was. They are both against league policy so in that regard, there is no difference.
One could argue the point that they feel entilted. I wanna say its arrogance more then ignorance although after hearing von speak it is probably a combo of the two. I have been very outspoken against von. However, calling him a roid head carries a lingering stain on his reputation. And the broncos as a org. If von can make it through his career with out messing up again its a little blip on his resume... roids would follow and haunt him... see Shawn merriman
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #154
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Gotcha. I'll concede that to a point. Clady did get beat, but you're definitely correct that the sack may have been as much on the secondary as the OL.

My broader point still stands, though. It's one of my major pet peeves with intra-rival discussions.
I mean I guess I agree, but then again I'm not really sure what you were expecting on a rivals message board, in a thread featuring the resident KC trolls.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #155
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I mean I guess I agree, but then again I'm not really sure what you were expecting on a rivals message board, in a thread featuring the resident KC trolls.
Touche.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote