The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Default Sunday Ticket BS

Okay, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

My late local game yesterday was Broncos-Texans. So, the 700s Sunday Ticket channel was blacked out. I always thought that was a pain in the butt, but whatever. I guess I get it.

So, the early game gets done before the Broncos game, and CBS switches to the Chiefs-Saints game. As you know, that game went into OT. Instead of switching it to the Broncos-Texans game as soon as it started, the local affiliate leaves it with Chiefs-Saints until it ends. So, I have a blacked-out 700s channel Sunday Ticket Broncos-Texans feed, and I have Chiefs-Saints on my local CBS affiliate for the entire 1st Quarter of Broncos-Texans.

This has happened before - but never for longer than half the 1st Quarter (still completely unacceptable, when you are forking out the ridiculous Sunday Ticket money).

I was as mad as I am capable of getting.

Then, Chiefs-Saints ends. Thank God! So, what does CBS do? They change it to Jets-Dolphins.

Words can't describe.

Jets-Dolphins finally ends, and what do these imbeciles do? They show FIVE MINUTES of commercials - including a promo for, wait for it, Broncos-Texans.

I wanted to kill.

So, my local CBS affiliate says they have no control over the situation. What's funny is in the past, they've told me that they just messed up, and didn't get it switched in time. Has anyone here had any luck with figuring this BS out?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I had this problem( the game not starting after the early games) but i was able to turn to direct TV and watch it
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Because you were waiting for the national audience to switch over to the late game. Here in Denver...due to contractual obligations...it switches right over at the start of the Bronco game.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
I had this problem( the game not starting after the early games) but i was able to turn to direct TV and watch it
You must be the magic guy b/c like the OP says, DTV NFL Sunday Ticket blacks out the channels that had the Texans/Broncos game because it's the national game showing on the CBS local affiliate. So what does the dumbass douchebags at CBS do? Well they show all the OT AFC games before switching over to the Texan/Broncos game.

yes, this happened in Wyoming too because the local CBS affilitiate is out of Salt Lake City, UT so the NFL Sunday Ticket won't allow the game to be shown so that people have to watch the local CBS feed.

I hate CBS, it's total crap. Total and utter crap. Especially when the game before the late game ends and then instead of going to the late game (Texans/Broncos) these assclowns cut to another OT game.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

A few of us were in the same boat as you, myself included. I was pretty livid. I'm sure there were many more as well. The game should be shown on the Sunday Ticket channel until CBS makes the obvious switch to our game. If those games weren't originally in our viewing area, why would they switch to those games if the late game that is in our viewing area has started? It makes no sense!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Because you were waiting for the national audience to switch over to the late game. Here in Denver...due to contractual obligations...it switches right over at the start of the Bronco game.
I understand this. But it's still utter BS. If you are going to keep the national audience on the early games, then you open up the 700s Sunday Ticket feed.

I'm angry enough that I want to b**** at someone. I'm just wondering who makes the ultimate call on this. It could be the NFL. It could be CBS national. It could be CBS local. It could be DirecTv.

The other thing that pisses me off is when there's a local news story that breaks into the game (which ALSO happened yesterday).

Honestly, I hate DirecTv, and I hate Sunday Ticket. That said, I can't quit them. It's like having a girlfriend that is making you an obvious cuckold. You know you're getting worked; but you realize that in your small town, there are no other available girls. So, you can be a cuckold, or you can be celibate.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I think if the game is blacked out because you are getting it on the local channel but the local channel shows the end of other games like they did yesterday you will get it on the Sunday ticket channel until the local channel starts showing it
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Don't have these problems with Red Zone.

I pretty much only watch Red Zone on Sunday's now. 6 hours of commercial free football, curated only to show you the important stuff. It's amazing.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I understand this. But it's still utter BS. If you are going to keep the national audience on the early games, then you open up the 700s Sunday Ticket feed.

I'm angry enough that I want to b**** at someone. I'm just wondering who makes the ultimate call on this. It could be the NFL. It could be CBS national. It could be CBS local. It could be DirecTv.

The other thing that pisses me off is when there's a local news story that breaks into the game (which ALSO happened yesterday).

Honestly, I hate DirecTv, and I hate Sunday Ticket. That said, I can't quit them. It's like having a girlfriend that is making you an obvious cuckold. You know you're getting worked; but you realize that in your small town, there are no other available girls. So, you can be a cuckold, or you can be celibate.
exactly, wtf are you paying DTV for if you can't watch the game you want to watch! DTV should absolutely let you view the late game that you want to view, especially if the early game goes into OT. Then once the local affiliate switches to the late game, end the DTV feed so people have to switch over to the local affiliate feed.

how hard is this.

Dom, you should chew out your DTV provider. Get on the phone and chew ass. You might even get some free service out of it.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I was seeing-red angry over CBS showing the OT games instead of Broncos-Texas and missed almost the whole first quarter
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Endy
Go Donks

Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Nacho

I had the same problem. However it did become "unblocked" on channel 715 during the first quarter and then became reblocked at halftime. I'm guessing they unblocked it because of the OT games. I was pretty pissed too. Actually started rooting for the Chiefs just so the game would be over.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I think if the game is blacked out because you are getting it on the local channel but the local channel shows the end of other games like they did yesterday you will get it on the Sunday ticket channel until the local channel starts showing it
Apparently not is Salt Lake UT, home of the Mormon morons. Yah, I blame the Mormons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
fwf

man, when they switched over to 2nd ot game and the refs blew that call that you knew was going to add another 10 mins I literally lost it. that was the maddest ive been in a while. the f'd up part is that- had the bronco game started at 4:05 like it does sometimes instead of 4:25 we might have missed the whole 1st half.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Don't have these problems with Red Zone.

I pretty much only watch Red Zone on Sunday's now. 6 hours of commercial free football, curated only to show you the important stuff. It's amazing.
Call me crazy but sometimes I like to watch a Broncos game...
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Not how it works. It works exactly how the OP said it does...i had this exact issue yesturday.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You must be the magic guy b/c like the OP says, DTV NFL Sunday Ticket blacks out the channels that had the Texans/Broncos game because it's the national game showing on the CBS local affiliate. So what does the dumbass douchebags at CBS do? Well they show all the OT AFC games before switching over to the Texan/Broncos game.

yes, this happened in Wyoming too because the local CBS affilitiate is out of Salt Lake City, UT so the NFL Sunday Ticket won't allow the game to be shown so that people have to watch the local CBS feed.

I hate CBS, it's total crap. Total and utter crap. Especially when the game before the late game ends and then instead of going to the late game (Texans/Broncos) these assclowns cut to another OT game.
Yeah i was stuck on my local channel watching the OT of the other games, but I was able to watch the game on my PS3's Sunday Ticket app as well as my phones until my local channel switched.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Yeah i was stuck on my local channel watching the OT of the other games, but I was able to watch the game on my PS3's Sunday Ticket app as well as my phones until my local channel switched.
I'm just gonna watch all the Broncos games on my puter, screw Sunday Ticket. The Broncos always, always, always, always are the late game and for whatever reason the CBS early games always, always, always, always seem to go into over time. Not the late games, just the early games.

CBS sucks.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Apparently not is Salt Lake UT, home of the Mormon morons. Yah, I blame the Mormons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can actually blame the Mormons for most stuff. Even I do it.

So, you get the SLC feed? When they broke for that story about the dumbass who had put bombs on his neighbor's porch, I was going to lose my mind. Fortunately, they didn't miss an actual play, for that one.

That said, that dumbass is pretty funny. If you haven't seen any of his YouTube diatribes, you should check him out. He's running for President. I might just vote for him!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

My local CBS station had the cheifs early as well. Initially my Sunday ticket channel was blacked out for thirty seconds or so... long enough for me to start hulking out.. but then the blackout went away for the first half. I had to switch back to my local channel at halftime.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
rodr88
Mopigeon 10/4/88-10/3/07

Not sure how it's supposed to work, but in Albuquerque I was able to switch to 715 and watch the game until halftime, then went to the local CBS station and all was good. I would think they would be doing this for everyone, but sounds like they weren't.
rodr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #21
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
My local CBS station had the cheifs early as well. Initially my Sunday ticket channel was blacked out for thirty seconds or so... long enough for me to start hulking out.. but then the blackout went away for the first half. I had to switch back to my local channel at halftime.
My Sunday Ticket channel never un-blacked (no racism intended). I checked every two minutes, or so. With each time "checking," I got a little more worked up. Honestly, by the time I finally could watch the game, I was ready to put my fist through a wall.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodr88 View Post
Not sure how it's supposed to work, but in Albuquerque I was able to switch to 715 and watch the game until halftime, then went to the local CBS station and all was good. I would think they would be doing this for everyone, but sounds like they weren't.
This is what happened for the Tulsa area.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
You can actually blame the Mormons for most stuff. Even I do it.

So, you get the SLC feed? When they broke for that story about the dumbass who had put bombs on his neighbor's porch, I was going to lose my mind. Fortunately, they didn't miss an actual play, for that one.

That said, that dumbass is pretty funny. If you haven't seen any of his YouTube diatribes, you should check him out. He's running for President. I might just vote for him!
Yes, I'd love for the local ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox affiliate be out of Denver, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It's out of SLC, UT.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This is the NFL TV rules, very annoying.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
My Sunday Ticket channel never un-blacked (no racism intended). I checked every two minutes, or so. With each time "checking," I got a little more worked up. Honestly, by the time I finally could watch the game, I was ready to put my fist through a wall.
I think you could have roughed it on a mobile device, the gamemix channel, or the redzone. But I feel your pain. Seems like DTV is getting better about this but it should never ever happen.