The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Default Analysis after 3 games

First Im not trying to have look at it through orange tinted glasses and at the same time not think the sky is falling.

1) Peyton Manning is still working his arm back and getting his feel back for the game. He hasn't seen game action in over a year, and to tell you the truth he is looking better each weak. Sure he threw 3 INT's the other game but he also almost led the team back to win it.

2) The play calling is not much different then what it was with Orton, and that is the problem. But I also think this has to do with Manning getting back into the game and not wanting to go all colts like offense until Manning is ready.

3)DJ Williams is better at playing linebacker than anyone else, this includes Von Miller. Miller is the best pass rusher we have but with Williams suspended the drop in talent is evident.

4)DT and Decker need to step it up, sure they have both had some good games but they are dropping balls that would continue to move the chains on numerous drives. Alot of people blamed Tebow for the WR's drops saying the way the ball spun or whatnot... well it continues to hurt the offense.

5)The run D has been GREAT so far this year, but im not sure if that is because our pass D has been that bad...

6)I have no doubt that the D will continue to grow and get better under Fox and JDR. But that is going to take time, and with the O not being able to score early it is putting us in holes.

7)I think alot of the things we are seeing is more the other team than us, meaning the two teams we have lost to(by a combined 12 points) are arguably the best 2 teams in the game.

I think a combination of rust and mis-communication is what we are seeing on Offence, you have to remember that it is not just manning having to get used to this offence, everyone from last year was used to playing in a system that passed the ball maybe 20 times a game... The D is new also this year so I dont understand why people are freaking out about it... i would rather us work these issues out now than come week 12 when we are trying to win the division

Last edited by Denver Bronco56; 09-24-2012 at 12:39 PM..
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

8) no identity/heart on the field.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think the **** will hit the fan if the Broncos lose to the faiders at home this coming Sunday. You will see an orange rage creep show like never before.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Oh I agree, im not trying to justify the loses we do have... but they were not blow outs and we just ran out of time in both games to make a comeback.

If we do lose to the Raiders we need to make some changes...
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
pricejj
jungle

Beat the Raiders
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
8) no identity/heart on the field in the 1st half
fixed it for you
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Another thing I have noticed is we could have EASILY used Eddie Royal. We are missing the slot receiver, i know manning has chemistry and trust with Stokley but he is what he is and thats a 38 year WR playing in a spot that requires speed and quickness
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Move Moreno to the slot, fuggit. So what if he's "too slow", he can catch the ball.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Another thing I have noticed is we could have EASILY used Eddie Royal. We are missing the slot receiver, i know manning has chemistry and trust with Stokley but he is what he is and thats a 38 year WR playing in a spot that requires speed and quickness
I bet the Chargers would ship his ass here in a heartbeat.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

I'm no fan of DJ, but I'd rather roll him out there at MLB, and keep WWIII at WLB.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I'm no fan of DJ, but I'd rather roll him out there at MLB, and keep WWIII at WLB.
I think that is the plan for the nickel D.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
You mean the under performer we let go before we knew Manning was going to be available?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Eddie Royal's stats so far....The Claw could put up better numbers but he can't turn the door knob to get out of his room...

GAME LOG
DATE OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
Sun 9/23
vsATL
L 3-27 2 7 3.5 4 0 1 10 10.0 10 0 0 0
Sun 9/16
vsTEN
W 38-10 2 18 9.0 20 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Mon 9/10
@ OAK
W 22-14 2 4 2.0 7 0 2 12 6.0 11 0 0 0
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think the **** will hit the fan if the Broncos lose to the faiders at home this coming Sunday. You will see an orange rage creep show like never before.
Well, cannot be as bad as 59-14.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Was going to post this exact thing. DJ wasn't the best MLB but he was better than Mays has ever been or will be.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #16
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Regarding #7, most of our points have come during prevent D time, we were down by 2-3 scores during both of our last games for the majority of the time.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
8) no identity/heart on the field.
UGH.... gotta love the ole "my team is losing and it's cause they just don't [b]want it[/b[ bad enough." It's such B.S... this isn't a passion problem, it's an execution one (particularly on offense). This team is built to get out ahead early and protect leads.

The offense isn't doing that, it'll come in time.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Regarding #7, most of our points have come during prevent D time, we were down by 2-3 scores during both of our last games for the majority of the time.
So teams are packing it up to start the 4th quarter? Doesn't make sense. Why would they purposely allow us back into the game by backing off?? Currently i'm a glass half full guy...i think we started making plays on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we start playing 60 minutes of football or we'll be lucky to even win the division.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
UGH.... gotta love the ole "my team is losing and it's cause they just don't [b]want it[/b[ bad enough." It's such B.S... this isn't a passion problem, it's an execution one (particularly on offense). This team is built to get out ahead early and protect leads.

The offense isn't doing that, it'll come in time.
Thank you for saying this. As i said in another thread, the "no heart" argument is just some bs cover for lack of something quantifiable.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
I would rather put Nasty Nate out there once he gets healthy just to see what he has. Mays is simply awful.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
I liked Eddie in a lot of ways, but adding someone that drops the ball to compliment the other 2 guys that drop the ball seems...bad.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
So teams are packing it up to start the 4th quarter? Doesn't make sense. Why would they purposely allow us back into the game by backing off?? Currently i'm a glass half full guy...i think we started making plays on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we start playing 60 minutes of football or we'll be lucky to even win the division.
I think it's probably some of both. I don't think either ATL or Houston backed completely off, but it's natural to let off the gas once you are up by 20, which is when we started to make plays.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
wyobronco
Gradishar for HOF

Maybe the fat man again?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokely

The biggest problem Denver has on O right now is at RG. Manny Ramirez was OWNED by Watts. I'm sure ManRam will get better, but OL is all about team play and if there's one weak link, the whole thing blows up on you.

The problem on D is pretty much the same. If one guy in the back half doesn't do his job, decent qbs expose it for huge plays. Both situations can be fixed.
wyobronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I'll take a 50 year old Slot Machine. Stokes can get open a lot better than Royal.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I don't know why Andre Caldwell or Matt Willis are on the roster. We can do better at WR. Bring someone in before the bye week please.