The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default It's official: Fox and McCoy are the most conservative clowns in the League

It was bad enough last year when Fox & McCoy kept Tebow chained to the pocket and only let Tebow off the leash when the Broncos were down by 13 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

This year, they're doing a variation of this theme with Manning taking snaps. Fox is so conservative that they only time he'll ever go for it on 4th down is when it happens by accident during a No-Huddle offense.

McCoy is such a numbnut that today he called for running plays on the goal line when the clock was running out.

These two clowns are dumb and dumber! Thanks, Elway, for giving us the League's most inept and conservative head coaching staff.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Armchair Bronco

If there was ever a time when I need a facepalm smiley, it's now!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Wait. What do you think is happening?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Dude, Houston's D was incredible, all game. I was so impressed with them. There was 0 separation from our wide outs and when they did get some they dropped the ball. Hats off to Houston. They are for real.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
It was bad enough last year when Fox & McCoy kept Tebow chained to the pocket and only let Tebow off the leash when the Broncos were down by 13 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

This year, they're doing a variation of this theme with Manning taking snaps. Fox is so conservative that they only time he'll ever go for it on 4th down is when it happens by accident during a No-Huddle offense.

McCoy is such a numbnut that today he called for running plays on the goal line when the clock was running out.

These two clowns are dumb and dumber! Thanks, Elway, for giving us the League's most inept and conservative head coaching staff.
didn't the Carolina fans warn us about this when Fox was hired and Orton was the starter? i seem to recall a couple of them telling us we'd regret his hiring because he was happy with boring and uncreative offenses in Carolina. run, run, throw it deep, punt.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
NorCalBronco7

The Broncos were one defensive stop from getting the ball back in Peytons hands with around 2 minutes left. As long as Ive seen Fox coach, hes been excellent at clock management and has consistently not shot himself in the foot.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Dude, Houston's D was incredible, all game. I was so impressed with them. There was 0 separation from our wide outs and when they did get some they dropped the ball. Hats off to Houston. They are for real.
Well, the question is: was the Houston D incredible in spite of the inept Broncos or because of the inept Broncos?

Two weeks running, we've just made 2 teams look like they're on the way to the Super Bowl.

Manning looks anemic, Willis is a non-factor, the D can't stop anything on 3rd and long, and our coaching staff makes one head-scratching move after another. Oh, and Elway is working really hard on his "I am really concerned with this team" face from the VIP Box.

Trust me, we'll be lucky to finish with a .500 record.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i'm more concerned with the sluggish starts. either drops,penalties or blown assignments and the drive stalls until we get way behind and then we finally start having a offensive brain.

the clock management isn't a huge issue if we can start off faster and more consistently.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
You are absolutely correct, but beside the point for some people. It is way more fun to call for the heads of a coaching staff after a tough loss to a superior opponent.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Well, the question is: was the Houston D incredible in spite of the inept Broncos or because of the inept Broncos?

Two weeks running, we've just made 2 teams look like they're on the way to the Super Bowl.

Manning looks anemic, Willis is a non-factor, the D can't stop anything on 3rd and long, and our coaching staff makes one head-scratching move after another. Oh, and Elway is working really hard on his "I am really concerned with this team" face from the VIP Box.

Calm down chicken little. The Texas and Falcons are well equiped to reach the Superbowl.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Last year, they were a top 10 defense and this year they were #1 going into this week, so...

Quote:
They just might be if they stay healthy. They are playing as we'll as anyone right now. Three teams are 3 and 0. They are two of them.

Quote:
And what can Elway do at this point anyway? Please don't say: work the waiver wire.

Quote:
I disagree, but .500 won the division last year. Just saying.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

ATL and HOU are not good teams..They played weaker teams..Just like people thought we beat good PIT team.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Last year, they were a top 10 defense and this year they were #1 going into this week, so...

They just might be if they stay healthy. They are playing as we'll as anyone right now. Three teams are 3 and 0. They are two of them.

And what can Elway do at this point anyway? Please don't say: work the waiver wire.

I disagree, but .500 won the division last year. Just saying.
I would be much more comfortable going 9-7 minimum. I think 10-6 is a real possibility.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
ATL and HOU are not good teams..They played weaker teams..Just like people thought we beat good PIT team.
You must be one miserable person.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #15
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
You must live on the moon or think we're all talking about soccer.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I really hated the first and second down runs on our last TD drive. Wasted a ton of time.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
You must live on the moon or think we're all talking about soccer.
No, he is just an idiot that loves to be miserable.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I really hated the first and second down runs on our last TD drive. Wasted a ton of time.
I'm amazed at how dumb coaches are with clock management time and again.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #19
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I'm amazed at how dumb coaches are with clock management time and again.
Yeah. I mean I could live with the first down run, but after that time needs to be conserved AND we have Peyton ****ing Manning. No need to go hyper conservative. If it were Tebow back there, I'd understand. But let Manning throw the damn ball.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Yeah. I mean I could live with the first down run, but after that time needs to be conserved AND we have Peyton ****ing Manning. No need to go hyper conservative. If it were Tebow back there, I'd understand. But let Manning throw the damn ball.
If its me, I pass 3 times, then consider running on 4th down if the other 3 don't work.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

You can throw JDR in the mix as well. At least twice on third down plays he had Von dropping into coverage. Kind of like Rob Ryan dropping Ware into coverage... Just not smart.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Btw, both times that I noticed it today, third downs were converted.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm more concerned with the sluggish starts. either drops,penalties or blown assignments and the drive stalls until we get way behind and then we finally start having a offensive brain.

the clock management isn't a huge issue if we can start off faster and more consistently.
The slow starts are something I am not worried about. As evidenced by our 4th quarter play and flashes through out the games show the potential and ability is there, but the rhythm and chemistry is still a work in progress.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Most worried about Manning getting pounded. We knew this year would have lots of ups and downs.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #25
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Those running plays with 4 minutes to go were stupid. It just bled thw clock dry.

And our fans... WTHeck do they not get about being quiet when the offense is on the field? Seriously...don't make a sound when the offense is on the field. Sit on your hands if you have to...
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote