The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default FLOYD LITTLE'S Phone Call From SI's PETER KING

Many people who follow the NFL know who Peter King is ... his Monday Morning Quarterback column is a must-read as much for the stupidity of King's analysis as it is for his diarrhea-laden minutia.

Suffice to say, what he did to Floyd Little is UNFORGIVEABLE. After Floyd was nominated for the Hall of Fame, King spent weeks using his MMQB column as a platform to disparage Floyd's career. All in hopes that King's choice, Dick LeBeau, would make it to Canton instead.

A couple hours after the HOF announcement was made and both LeBeau and Floyd made it, King decided to call Floyd in the midst of his celebration (Floyd was out to dinner with his friends and family at the time). King didn't call to congratulate Floyd like tons of media people were doing that night. But to tell Floyd that the ONLY reason he got in was because of Jeff Legwold's presentation (King called it the greatest presentation he ever heard). He also wanted to make it clear to Floyd that despite Jeff's awesome presentation, King didn't vote for Floyd and didn't think he deserved to be in the Hall of Fame.

(Floyd got 42 of 44 votes; 80%, 36 of 44 are required).

Talk about raining on someone's parade! Floyd could have answered a million expressive ways. Instead, Floyd told Peter King, "You're welcome to your opinion. I'll see you in Canton" before slamming the phone down.

Floyd goes into far greater detail in his new book ... http://amzn.to/SjR30G

Last edited by The Moops; 09-23-2012 at 04:34 AM..
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What a scumbag.

His columns are so ****ing bovine by the way, it's like somebody has fed the week's news into a computer and it spits out a nice bland synopsis of what everyone else is saying.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
AmericanBroncFan

@SI_peterking just read about your CLASSLESS call to Floyd Little. You're a d-bag
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

What a doucher, I was on the fence about King but this seals it.

You are a classless, grade A wanker King.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah holy **** what an ass. I can appreciate he had a point of view on Floyd. This is America, we have our opinions. But to call him and rub it in his face? What's the point of that?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

King hates the broncos...hes a huge midwest homer...tell floyd to call the pos back and make him give the introductory speech...

Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

That Peter King has any say in the HOF induction process is evidence why the HOF is a sham. Go choke on Brady's cock, slim.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I've always told people the King is worthless. His column sucks, he's completely biased and he's got an super inflated ego. I'm suprised it take something like this to get people to see the light.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Yeah holy **** what an ass. I can appreciate he had a point of view on Floyd. This is America, we have our opinions. But to call him and rub it in his face? What's the point of that?
Not only that but, he asserts that the only reason he made it was because of someone in the media, just goes to show how full of themselves some of these blowhards are...and Peter King is at the top of the list. Never mind that a player spent his whole life working and sacrificing, in the minds of people like King, they think it's about what their fatasses do and how well they argue, push their agendas, and form alliances. It's disgusting.

Peter King is also one of the guys lobbying against Gradishar.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Does this even matter? Really? Floyd is in, who gives a **** what Peter King said or did?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Does this even matter? Really? Floyd is in, who gives a **** what Peter King said or did?
It shows what classless fatass he is. Now instead of just wishing he would his voice and job we can hope for BIG ONE. (the FRED SANFORD BIG ONE)
Old 09-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
You really are a clueless dumb****.

Yes it matters. I shouldn't even need to explain why.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post

Stupid Jayhawk fans. haha (I'm one of them)
Old 09-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #14
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This gets better ... Peter King just blocked me from his Twitter account.

GUTLESS
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post

See, no it doesnt matter. Floyd is in, and nothing Peter King says or does changes that.

Floyd did the right thing. He said he was welcome to his opinion and he'd see him in Canton.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
See, no it doesnt matter. Floyd is in, and nothing Peter King says or does changes that.

Floyd did the right thing. He said he was welcome to his opinion and he'd see him in Canton.
Like I said, you're a clueless dumb****.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

hey look...another thread about Floyd having an ax to grind. Do I see a pattern developing?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
hey look...another thread about Floyd having an ax to grind. Do I see a pattern developing?
And another "buy my book" from Moops. Best of both worlds.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Marketing 101 right? Hey, I wrote a book....and need it to sell, so I can write another one.

who cares what King did or didn't possibly say? Floyd is rightfully in the hall of fame, and nobody can change that. not King and his alleged butthurt phone call or the Broncos allegedly refusing to pay for a tent or whatever his gripe with them was.

I'm curious if the Moops has actually interviewed any of the people floyd's pissed at and gotten their side of the story....

Sorry, but I'm starting to think this is just a bunch of **** to sell a book....and quite frankly it could make floyd seem like he's just a bitter guy

I'm sure if sales are down the Moops will eventually post yet another chapter of "guess who pissed off Floyd Little 40 years ago"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Next up... Floyd Little's Kindergarten teacher
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You got me. I'm the only author to ever try to promote a book.
Brilliant.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
You got me. I'm the only author to ever try to promote a book.
Brilliant.
Nothing wrong with trying to promote it....just seems like you're going the Star, National Enquirer route versus the merits of the book.

After reading your "cat fight" takes, I've decided I'm not going to buy the book because your posts about who he's been wronged by makes a great Broncos HoF player come off as bitter, and holder of grudges to me (just one man's opinion for what it's worth)...if these incidents are actually true at all.....but carry on
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #23
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No worries. I figure true Floyd Little fans will buy the book. And maybe younger fans will want to read it if nothing else to learn about Floyd's impact on the franchise and about other Broncos from his era that also helped lay the foundation.

Truth is the moderators of this blog stickied the book for me for over a month on this site. During that time I commented about many of the the "merits" of the book. One of them, Floyd's new role as special assistant to the athletic director at Syracuse where he gets to mentor student-athletes.

I never mentioned the section about Floyd calling the Broncos cheap. Someone else started that thread after Floyd's SIRIUS radio interview and Maners asked me to comment. So I did.

I mentioned the Peter King phone call because I no longer had a sticky forum to talk about the book and the publisher asked me to keep the book "top of mind" among Broncos fans. I also talked about it because I think King's actions where reprehensible and Broncos fans should know how a former player was treated before the rest of the country found out.

At any rate, if someone buys the book great. If not, I think they're missing out in learning about the life journey of one of the greatest people I've ever known and one of the reasons the Broncos are still in Denver.

Carry on.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #24
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
No worries. I figure true Floyd Little fans will buy the book. And maybe younger fans will want to read it if nothing else to learn about Floyd's impact on the franchise and about other Broncos from his era that also helped lay the foundation.

Truth is the moderators of this blog stickied the book for me for over a month on this site. During that time I commented about many of the the "merits" of the book. One of them, Floyd's new role as special assistant to the athletic director at Syracuse where he gets to mentor student-athletes.

I never mentioned the section about Floyd calling the Broncos cheap. Someone else started that thread after Floyd's SIRIUS radio interview and Maners asked me to comment. So I did.

I mentioned the Peter King phone call because I no longer had a sticky forum to talk about the book and the publisher asked me to keep the book "top of mind" among Broncos fans. I also talked about it because I think King's actions where reprehensible and Broncos fans should know how a former player was treated before the rest of the country found out.

At any rate, if someone buys the book great. If not, I think they're missing out in learning about the life journey of one of the greatest people I've ever known and one of the reasons the Broncos are still in Denver.

Carry on.

Thanks for creating the thread. I appreciate it.

People who don't can **** off.

fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Well I find this thread and the story interesting. The fact that you started it and you happened to write a book that covers the main character is of no significance to me. Keep discussing things, it adds to good knowledge.

Now if you made threads about super cheap jersey deal, only $9.97. Then I wish a plague on your family. You don't though!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote