The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default Real Worried about the Houstons

So last week I wasn't nervous. Wasn't worried. Knew the game could go either way, but felt extremely confident. I felt like others were in the same boat, both here and in the real world. When the holes in the boat started appearing in Atlanta all the over dramatic quibblers came running out of the wood work claiming Manning had a noodle arm and calling up D-Mac to cry on the radios.

I didn't really read too much into the loss. We turned it over 4 times early... Peyton warmed up and looked better, especially when they slowed it down and made sure everyone was on the same page in the huddle. We have a QB who didn't play for like 8,000 days, but is the best athlete of all sports including competitive pickle eating... The D stepped up mostly and shut down Michael Turner so well that he decided to become the next DJ Williams.

Ok, all well and good and back to the Broncos' hood. But today, I awoke with a deep sense of worry. This is a home turf game against an AFC opponent... one schooled in the way of the Bronco. One with a great D and strong RBs and WRs. I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep up early on in this game either, unless we can come up with a different gameplan - perhaps focusing more on Willis and the run early on.

If we lose to the Houstons, then we're in a bad spot. Oakland has beaten us at Home every year since 2007.... even when they continue to be a piss poor excuse of a football team. Thats not a statistic I would like to see extended.

What say ye wise doofuses of the Omane? Are we ****ed or do we have the ability to win this game?

I predict a devastating 96-8 loss. Our 8 points coming off of 4 safeties by Von.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

Houston is the best team in the league. You got every right to be worried. I see a loss right here and a bounce back win against the raiders. 2-2 after these 4 games isnt too bad being in the AFC west.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

theraputic, this thread is. Thanks, will read again...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Houston is the best team in the league. You got every right to be worried. I see a loss right here and a bounce back win against the raiders. 2-2 after these 4 games isnt too bad being in the AFC west.
Yes, but then after this 2-2 start.....we are on the road @ NE and @ SD. Could be looking at 2-4 start. Ugh.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Yep, you should be nervous. EO said on Monday that ATL was a must win but instead of heeding great wisdom and foresight, a couple of nut sacks decided to mock the truthsaying. Well, that's okay...but who the dummy now?...
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

if the Broncos come out of the first six games at 3-3 its fine. They then roll into the middle of the part of the season along with a bie and then make a push for the post season with the final home game against kc. Playing well at home, winning the division games and then games primarily against other AFC teams is key.

If the Broncos are gonna lose games, losing to NFC teams is the best way to go, especially when you play them on the road.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I predict a devastating 96-8 loss. Our 8 points coming off of 4 safeties by Von.
Houston is going to beat us so bad, the Houston fans will start an online petition the next day to have their franchise renamed from the "Houston Texans" to the "Houston Chris Browns". (*)

(*) - yes, i know i've used this joke before. so what? deal with it!

Last edited by Gort; 09-19-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not too worried.

They do have the best defense we've faced yet, but possibly also the worst offense. Against 2 really bad teams, they've been getting less than 5 yards per play. Also, the fact that this game is at home is huge. I think the people that were devastated by the loss don't realize how hard it is to win in Atlanta.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
if the Broncos come out of the first six games at 3-3 its fine. They then roll into the middle of the part of the season along with a bie and then make a push for the post season with the final home game against kc. Playing well at home, winning the division games and then games primarily against other AFC teams is key.

If the Broncos are gonna lose games, losing to NFC teams is the best way to go, especially when you play them on the road.
This.

Emerging from that first 6 game horror show 3 & 3 would put Denver in a great position to tackle the rest of the schedule, especially with the bye setting up nicely for a breather from this brutal early schedule.

Losing to Houston would be depressing, but I do honestly believe this team has legitimate 10-6 potential even with this schedule, and will get better and better as the season progresses.

You're also right that playing well at home is crucial to our success. We've been a terrible home team the last few years.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
This.

Emerging from that first 6 game horror show 3 & 3 would put Denver in a great position to tackle the rest of the schedule, especially with the bye setting up nicely for a breather from this brutal early schedule.

Losing to Houston would be depressing, but I do honestly believe this team has legitimate 10-6 potential even with this schedule, and will get better and better as the season progresses.

You're also right that playing well at home is crucial to our success. We've been a terrible home team the last few years.
So which two of the next four games is a Broncos win? I think they'll be lucky to be 2-4.

And when you downgrade the Houston offense...you sound retarded. Did you note how many offensive plays they ran against those "bad" teams?
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Texans are the 49ers of the AFC. Don't be surprised if Denver's run-game gets stuffed. I still think Manning and co. have a chance to keep pace so long as Andre Johnson's presence remains low.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Has Houston ever Beat Manning ? they are truly scared of him you can tell .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Exactly. Just need to stay within striking distance of SD until the middle of the season. We could very well go 6-1 the last 7 games of the season if we beat the teams we should beat
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
yes. Twice under Kubiak I believe. 10 and 09
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
That's a different Texan team back then. It's good that the back end of this schedule is a bit easier. It's gonna take time for this offense to gel. These games are all gonna be tough. They better have a gameplan going into this Sunday, and not be it throwing deep over the middle all the time.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Kubiak is an offensive guru, he knows we are week at LB and Free Safety he will come out firing to the middle of the field and exploit the missmatches
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
theraputic, this thread is. Thanks, will read again...
You meant: "Read again, will," didn't you Yoda?
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
So which two of the next four games is a Broncos win? I think they'll be lucky to be 2-4.

And when you downgrade the Houston offense...you sound retarded. Did you note how many offensive plays they ran against those "bad" teams?
I think your second paragraph may be directed at me?

I'm not saying they are horrible, but it's not like we're playing Matt Ryan again. They managed 4.95 yards per play against Miami, who turned around and allowed 6.39 yards per play to Oakland the next week. They also managed the same 4.95 yards against Jacksonville, who had just given up 6.71 yards per play to Minnesota in week 1.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Our schedule is ****ing brutal
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #22
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post

At least, we'll have 4 entertainment numbers, from the dancing machine. So, we have that going for us...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies

Schaub is an avg. QB at best. I say blitz all the time, stop the run, and let him try to beat our CB's on man coverage. They will not light it up if the run is stopped. This isn't GB we're dealing with.

On offense, Broncos are going to dink & dunk and run McGahee as much as possible. It will be frustrating to watch.

I predict a last second FG & Broncos win.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I understand their O hasn't exactly been putting up stellar yardage and they've only played the fish and the cats of Florida... but still, they have the potential to just BLOW UP! KA POW!

Schaub is so-so, but they got that Johnson dude and that Arian Foster guy and I just think they're capable of putting up some O yards. I sure as **** hope I am wrong. But if I am right, it will make me sad.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
At least, we'll have 4 entertainment numbers, from the dancing machine. So, we have that going for us...
More GIFs!!! YAY!