The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #51
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,496

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
When clay matthews owns you...you may want to adjust your protection. This was poor decision by the the coaching staff and a good reason why lovie needs to be replaced. Bears are terrible when playing from behind and their coaching staff does not make ingame adjustments well at all.
I agree and that OL has been a problem for several years now and they play the "Shanahan on defense" with it by throwing garbage at it. But that is besides the point for Cutlers behavior. I never jumped on him for the Bowlen/McD thing but before that I hated how he threw his teammates under the bus without addressing his own mistakes. Seems he hasn't shaken that juvenile behavior either.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #52
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So he's not an elite QB because.......he's willing to argue his point on the radio and challenge the media's status as all knowing? There's no doubt he didn't play well but I have no problem with him or anyone being combative with the media.

Yawn. Wake me up when there is something done that is actually important.
Someone could post a photo of Cutler strangling a baby, and you would say the baby deserved it. It's bizarre...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #53
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Cutler also said this in the radio spot:

Quote:
"Offensively, it starts with me. I've got to play better."
I suggest giving it a listen before jumping to the conclusions of the media who have repeatedly overblown every little thing about this player. When Cutler sits on a bench he's pouting. When Cutler gets in the face of a teammate he is a poor leader.

QBs have always gotten on their teammates. Dan Marino was infamous for being a huge douchebag in the huddle and Manning is well known for yelling at his teammates on and off the field. It's the most difficult and stressful position in all of sports. When Cutler pushed his lineman the guy laughed. This turnstile of a blocker just let Cutler take clean shot after shot to the back. The QB can't have anything to say about that? I'm calling bull. Cutler is an angsty player for sure, but he's totally right to be pissed at his blockers if all they can do is hold a three-man rush for two seconds.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #54
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
This should piss off SoCal. I've never bashed Cutler for what happened here in Denver but what he has done since being in Chicago over time tends to support that he is a petulant jerk and will never be the superstar he thinks he is.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...s-he-is-091812
See I was thinking you was talking that loud mouth crybaby Rivers...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #55
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Cutler who the **** is that ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #56
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So he's not an elite QB because.......he's willing to argue his point on the radio and challenge the media's status as all knowing? There's no doubt he didn't play well but I have no problem with him or anyone being combative with the media.

Yawn. Wake me up when there is something done that is actually important.
Okay let me play devil's advocate, what does make Jay an elite QB in your estimation?

and by that I don't mean just that he as the potential to be one, a great arm, yada yada yada. I will give you that he has POTENTIAL, but IS HE ONE RIGHT NOW? If you say yes he is now, then why and what has he exhibited in his career to justify that?

See when I think elite, I think Brady, Manning (even Eli), and Brees. They have actually won stuff (not just gone to a bull**** probowl that frankly should have gone to Rivers, who arguably has more right to be considered elite than Jay) along with crazy numbers. I think it has to be both skill and victories or it's just not there. Jay doesn't have the playoffs and he is all the bad of Favre without the superbowl and other victories. He could be great, but he isn't yet and maybe never if he continues behaving like a spoilt child.

And he does behave like an ass fairly consistently. Not saying all the stories about him are valid (some sound a little sketchy to me, the grandma one I would question and frankly the dude saying hi to him in the toilet deserved the disdain..it's weird to talk to someone while they are peeing) but there's enough with frequent poor treatment of his teammates to merit wondering if about his ability to grow up and whether he can be effective. What teammates will support him if he keeps dumping on them in public?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #57
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Cutler is great when things are going great, but when things go south, Cutler spends more time finger pointing than anyone else. It's not hard to see why other players do not see him as a leader.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #58
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
See when I think elite, I think Brady, Manning (even Eli), and Brees. They have actually won stuff (not just gone to a bull**** probowl that frankly should have gone to Rivers, who arguably has more right to be considered elite than Jay) along with crazy numbers.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #59
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #60
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
obviously Rodgers but if I listed every single elite QB, past and current we'd be here all day. The question is really whether Jay could be considered elite at this point. I'd say no.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #61
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

SoCal thinks Cutler is elite because he was drafted by Mike Shanahan.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #62
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
SoCal thinks Cutler is elite because he was drafted by Mike Shanahan.
Cutler? elite?? huh?

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #63
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 983
Default

lulz @ smokin' Jay
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #64
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
SoCal thinks Cutler is elite because he was drafted by Mike Shanahan.
so socal is a Tanahan guy what is he a cousin or justt a love child..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #65
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
so socal is a Tanahan guy what is he a cousin or justt a love child..
Mike Shanahan is a much of a Bronco as any other face of this franchise so I don't get the Mike bull****. Yes, he needed to go because the decisions being made were not getting it done anymore, but he has more than earned some respect for the things he did achieve in Denver and in San Fran.

Cutler I get, smacking down Mike makes no sense to me.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Mike Shanahan is a much of a Bronco as any other face of this franchise so I don't get the Mike bull****. Yes, he needed to go because the decisions being made were not getting it done anymore, but he has more than earned some respect for the things he did achieve in Denver and in San Fran.

Cutler I get, smacking down Mike makes no sense to me.
I'm not smacking mikey down just putting the facts out there for the few morons that still do not get it.. that while he did good for a couple of years he hurt the franchise since then with his EGO..

I'll never dispute getting the Lombardi's was great. being in the toilet talent wise each year getting a bit worse because of his personnel decisions almost wipes that out..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #67
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I'm not smacking mikey down just putting the facts out there for the few morons that still do not get it.. that while he did good for a couple of years he hurt the franchise since then with his EGO..

I'll never dispute getting the Lombardi's was great. being in the toilet talent wise each year getting a bit worse because of his personnel decisions almost wipes that out..
Good for a couple of years? What? Can anyone else please jump in here and detail Shanahan's history with the Broncos. If I am not mistaken he had a history that went back further than just the HC gig. And I am not even talking about his gig in SF. the bad years do not remotely come close to eradicating his contributions to this organization. But yes, it was time to change, unfortunately we ended up with a total ****wit who was not remotely ready for a HC gig.

I am not talking about building the guy a shrine, but he did more than just a couple of good things. Jay Cutler did a couple of good things, won a few games, threw for a lot of yards, while also throwing interceptions and acting like a giant asshat. Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler are nowhere in the same arena. Mike will always be a Bronco to me, while Jay will just be that guy who used to play here once and also a toolbag.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #68
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Good for a couple of years? What? Can anyone else please jump in here and detail Shanahan's history with the Broncos. If I am not mistaken he had a history that went back further than just the HC gig. And I am not even talking about his gig in SF. the bad years do not remotely come close to eradicating his contributions to this organization. But yes, it was time to change, unfortunately we ended up with a total ****wit who was not remotely ready for a HC gig.

I am not talking about building the guy a shrine, but he did more than just a couple of good things. Jay Cutler did a couple of good things, won a few games, threw for a lot of yards, while also throwing interceptions and acting like a giant asshat. Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler are nowhere in the same arena. Mike will always be a Bronco to me, while Jay will just be that guy who used to play here once and also a toolbag.
well I am happy for you..

as for cutlet always been a tool always will be, thought having a kid and getting married (?) might help him but I see he is still a douche bag..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #69
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
well I am happy for you..

as for cutlet always been a tool always will be, thought having a kid and getting married (?) might help him but I see he is still a douche bag..
Your sarcasm and disrespect for everyone and everything that don't fit in your narrow view of the world is impressive. no really lonestarie, it's impressive.

I don't need you to be happy for me, but it would be nice if you stopped patronizing everyone who doesn't happen to agree with you and your amazingly myopic negative view of the Broncos and the world.

Best of luck to you in life sir.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #70
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Your sarcasm and disrespect for everyone and everything that don't fit in your narrow view of the world is impressive. no really lonestarie, it's impressive.

I don't need you to be happy for me, but it would be nice if you stopped patronizing everyone who doesn't happen to agree with you and your amazingly myopic negative view of the Broncos and the world.

Best of luck to you in life sir.
Thanks for your good wishes..

BTW it is a football internet forum.. nothing more nothing less.

Let me add Most likely have more time standing in the urinal line at old Bears/Mile high stadium than you do as a fan..
Since I was there day one to see them play..

So I do take MY broncos more personal than some do..

Last edited by lonestar; 09-19-2012 at 04:37 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #71
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Mike Shanahan was one of the greatest Broncos ever.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #72
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Mike Shanahan was one of the greatest Broncos ever.


glad you think so but I'll reserve the greatest part..

he was a great HC for a couple of years.. a really great OC for most of the rest of the time.. and I thank him for helping John to get his rings..

but the rest of the time he probably hurt the team more than helped it..

Unless you count getting fired and forcing Pat to bring in folks that could evaluate talent.. to build the team on..

Now getting back to the topic of the thread cutlet will never be elite.. you heard it here first ahahahahahahahaah
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #73
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Douchers gonna douche
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #74
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
My new favorite internet meme: Smokin' Jay Cutler

http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/






  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #75
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Not as good as Jay Cutler is a cat.

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Denver Broncos