The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What should the team do with Moore?
Bench him now! 6 11.11%
Give him 2-3 Moore weeks 41 75.93%
Trade him and a 1st rd pick to Detroit for Alphonso Smith 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Default The Rahim Moore poll

I know most of us aren't happy with the guy right now. I feel like this could be a breakout season for him. I think he could have a big game in a week or two, but if he continues to not make a tackle or stick when we need it, and drop ints, JDR and Fox need to get someone on the field that is hungry and will make a play or two. And we all know that QC is capable of at least making an int when we he gets an opportunity.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

The fact that he is around the ball and close to making a play is encouraging, he has been solid in run support as well, hes bigger than last year his tackling is 10x better than it was last year.

However he does need to step it up and make the play when its there hopefully he will, I am not ready to cast him aside just yet at times I think his potential is too much to give up on I do beleive he has the chance to develop into a true ball hawk safety.

The wild card on this is that I also like Quinton Carter a lot and hes too talented to be sitting on the bench, either Moore or Adams will lose their job sometime this season thanks to Carter.

Adams was solid in game 1 but in game 2 he didn't really flash for me.

We aren't getting beat deep as long as this isn't happening the safeties can't be that bad.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
The fact that he is around the ball and close to making a play is encouraging, he has been solid in run support as well, hes bigger than last year his tackling is 10x better than it was last year.

However he does need to step it up and make the play when its there hopefully he will, I am not ready to cast him aside just yet at times I think his potential is too much to give up on I do beleive he has the chance to develop into a true ball hawk safety.

The wild card on this is that I also like Quinton Carter a lot and hes too talented to be sitting on the bench, either Moore or Adams will lose their job sometime this season thanks to Carter.

Adams was solid in game 1 but in game 2 he didn't really flash for me.

We aren't getting beat deep as long as this isn't happening the safeties can't be that bad.
Yes. The improvement is there. I think he has the ability to be the man too, but here we have a guy that was solid enough towards the end of last season sitting on the bench that is better than him. I'm convinced that QC catches at least 1 of those picks, just based on what I saw from him last season.

Adams isn't great, but he seems to have pretty good instinct and plays with some heart.

True that! Too many nightmares in years past of our safetys getting beat deep. It is looking better at the back end.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

He's almost always near the ball. He has made some pretty nice tackles too.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Sometimes people seem to think that the coaches have 'hard-on' for a player who shouldn't really be playing...but usually what's happening in that instance is that they are doing the small things right and just missing or screwing up the odd big play once in a while that gets everybody's back up.

I think that's what's happening here. This coaching staff seems to have established that it knows defense better than the people on the orangemane do (unlike the previous defensive staff....). I'm prepared to believe that they know their stuff and arre keeping a guy in there out of merit rather than some unfathomable preference....

yes they did invest a 2nd round pick in him so maybe they give him more of a chance than he might otherwise get, but they sat him last year, and if he was really blowing chunks out thee I'm sure they woudl sit him again in a heartbeat
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

FYI, Alphonso Smith is unemployed
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Moore is currently leagues ahead of where he was last season. He is a MUCH improved tackler. He is really only a half step away from making a bunch of huge plays. He can closes that gap with more experience and increased confidence. Once that happens he can really be a great safety.

Remember, this is only his second year. Most safeties take at least a couple of years to start breaking out. Just look at Brandon Browner. That guy is turning into a star safety for the seahawks in his 7th year in the NFL. Too bad we didnt have more patience with him.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
backup qb
Ring of Famer

I've been pleasantly surprised/impressed with Moore so far this season. However, M Adams....dreadful.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #9
Bacchus

I do not see the problem others do. Maybe I am just not noticing. I think he plays fast. I think he is out of position but I like him. I do not see why he would be benched in favor of Leonhard??
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
Moore is currently leagues ahead of where he was last season. He is a MUCH improved tackler. He is really only a half step away from making a bunch of huge plays. He can closes that gap with more experience and increased confidence. Once that happens he can really be a great safety.

Remember, this is only his second year. Most safeties take at least a couple of years to start breaking out. Just look at Brandon Browner. That guy is turning into a star safety for the seahawks in his 7th year in the NFL. Too bad we didnt have more patience with him.
THIS! But I think that Brandon Browner is a corner not a safety.

I think people are on Moore case to much, and Mike Adams wasn't lights out yesterday either. Nobody is mentioning the missed tackle on 3rd and goal on Micheal Turner to stuff him from getting the touchdown (I think Moore stuff Turner on time on a third down play from a screen). It's like his 4th or 5th start. He is much improved in his tackling and he's around the ball which is a REAL big improvement in one year. How much more growth can you get in just one year? Carter is another good young safety (who's best at strong not free like Moore) but give the guy some time to grow and get better.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #11
Drunken.Broncoholic

Maybe it takes a few years to get rid of that UCLA stink. He learned to tackle real well playing there.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
what? are there no Verizon kiosks at any Detroit area malls??
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
what? are there no Verizon kiosks at any Detroit area malls??
He's not good enough to compete there either.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I would like to see him play at least another 6-8 games before I make a judgement on him. We are talking a young guy who has only had 1 training camp and offseason and a few pro games to his name. He has clearly improved his tackling and his run support, maybe he is miscast as a FS and should move to SS.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Is that like a pretty girl that almost has boobs ....... gonna wait to see if she grows some.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Not impressed with Moore and Adams but, maybe down the road they will get better. Right now our S play sucks and needs to get better. Better S play we win monday night imo.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 09-19-2012 at 09:22 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Is that like a pretty girl that almost has boobs ....... gonna wait to see if she grows some.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

He just needs to finish plays. If he comes down with 1or 2 picks that hit him in the hands the last two weeks this isn't even mentioned. He has improved a lot over last season.

I'm not saying play him just because he has improved. But don't replace him just because of a couple mental errors especially if there isn't anything better behind him
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Not impressed with Moore and Adams but, maybe down the road they will get better. Right now our S play sucks and needs to get better. Better S play we win monday night imo.
What about the 4 turnovers?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

He's a younf saftey that's missed toime due to injury and better players in front him. Give the KID a break...good grief.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I'm not optimistic but I don't see much of an alternative at present.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
This. In each game, he's been this close to getting an INT.....one should've been a pick 6.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I don't think anyone is advocating that we bench him right now. However if we are going to throw a run stopper who is a step slow in coverage out there why not Leonhard? I'm hoping he starts to polish his instinctsabit more because physically he has all the tools. . I have a feeling the a Pats game is going to get ugly forhin though
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #24
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Then we should trade him and a first round pick to Detroit to receive a signed promise they will not resign him.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
He just needs to finish plays. If he comes down with 1or 2 picks that hit him in the hands the last two weeks this isn't even mentioned. He has improved a lot over last season.

I'm not saying play him just because he has improved. But don't replace him just because of a couple mental errors especially if there isn't anything better behind him
Exactly...some people like to throw out the baby with the bath water.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote