The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default the fumble

Quote:
"Eric Decker was on the ball for sure," said Thomas. "Decker had the ball and they just took it from him. The referees pulled Decker off the ball.
"We knew we had the ball, but the referees said the Falcons had it. There were a couple calls that we felt were wrong."

Read more: Mark Kiszla: These scab NFL officials have not earned stripes - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...#ixzz26pNBJ7mR
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

It sure looked like Decker got on top of the ball early in the scramble but didn't look like he secured it and no way to know whether he ever "controlled" it. Just one of those things.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

just a situation these refs have never seen and didnt know how to respond, they again may have responded to player input instead of what happened on the field.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

A Bronco was the last player you could see with the ball before the 'scrum.'

A Bronco had possession of the ball when they unpiled everyone.

A Bronco is b****ing about it to the media (risking a fine for doing so).

Bush league at best, screw job at worst.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

that was the most wtf moment of the night for me. Franklin fell on the ball and recovered it, then people jumped all around him. At the end his position didn't change at all nor did the players positions around him and how they landed. Franklin then comes up with the ball but somehow that means Atlantas ball Bull****....
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
just a situation these refs have never seen and didnt know how to respond, they again may have responded to player input instead of what happened on the field.
How is it possible they've never seen a fumble and ensuing dog pile? That happens in every game from pop Warner up.

I would be less disappointed in them if they were just screwing up some nfl specific rules like illegal contact. But these guys can't get basic football right.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
Bacchus

Really if Denver gets that ball they probably win the game.....oh wait they did get the ball. I meant to say if the stupid ****ing a-hole mother****ing b**** refs had made the proper call and awarded Denver the ball they probably would have won the game.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If that worthless POS KM protects the ball instead of trying to put on the dance moves we score something that drive and we could be talking about a Bronco victory.

Instead we are b****ing about a bad call because our bust of a 1st round pick fumbled the ball.

Trade him now please, I would prefer to go in to battle with Lance Ball and start the Hillman era than put up with Dancing Machine.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
How is it possible they've never seen a fumble and ensuing dog pile? That happens in every game from pop Warner up.

I would be less disappointed in them if they were just screwing up some nfl specific rules like illegal contact. But these guys can't get basic football right.
This. I'm pretty sure that those refs have seen a fumble before. And I'm 100% positive that regular refs get fumble recovery calls wrong all the time.

The problem is their inability to maintain control of the game. That first quarter, even with Manning's 3 INTs, should have taken 30-40 minutes to play. It took over an hour.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
IBeWriteGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If that worthless POS KM protects the ball instead of trying to put on the dance moves we score something that drive and we could be talking about a Bronco victory.

Instead we are b****ing about a bad call because our bust of a 1st round pick fumbled the ball.

Trade him now please, I would prefer to go in to battle with Lance Ball and start the Hillman era than put up with Dancing Machine.
So angry. Did your uncle touch you as a child?

Anyway. I think it's very relevant that the refs missed the call. Of course we wouldn't be talking about a bad call if he hadn't fumbled it. Then again, the fumble wouldn't have been a big deal if Peyton hadn't thrown 3 picks. Although irrational morons would likely still blame Moreno.

And Peyton's 3 picks wouldn't have mattered as much if the refs don't call a phantom PI on Carter. And that wouldn't have mattered if they called holding on Doom and Von all game. And if the Broncos had intercepted Ryan on the last drive, we could have did this and that.

Hogwash. What happened happened. Moreno fumbled. Durrrr. We have every right to talk about the call. The fact that he fumbled doesn't mean the call was any less wrong...especially when the right call WOULDN'T HAVE RESULTED IN SAID FUMBLE.

You're straight retarded if you'd rather have Ball over Moreno. That's just bias and hate you're channeling.

The mouthbreathing and torch carrying is strong in here.

Last edited by IBeWriteGood; 09-18-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
So angry. Did your uncle touch you as a child?
Anyway. I think it's very relevant that the refs missed the call. Of course we wouldn't be talking about a bad call if he hadn't fumbled it. Then again, the fumble wouldn't have been a big deal if Peyton hadn't thrown 3 picks. Although irrational morons would likely still blame Moreno.

And Peyton's 3 picks wouldn't have mattered as much if the refs don't call a phantom PI on Carter. And that wouldn't have mattered if they called holding on Doom and Von all game. And if the Broncos had intercepted Ryan on the last drive, we could have did this and that.

Hogwash. What happened happened. Moreno fumbled. Durrrr. We have every right to talk about the call. The fact that he fumbled doesn't mean the call was any less wrong...especially when the right call WOULDN'T HAVE RESULTED IN SAID FUMBLE.

You're straight retarded if you'd rather have Ball over Moreno. That's just bias and hate you're channeling.

The mouthbreathing and torch carrying is strong in here.

This dude sucks and doesn't deserve to post here. Ban his ass.
Is this Req
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

That play was the by far the most dumb call I ever saw in any level of football. I still don't get it? It seemed like Franklin recovered it and Decker was right next to him. That play changed the game!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #13
IBeWriteGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post

This dude sucks and doesn't deserve to post here. Ban his ass.
Is this Req
Hmmmm. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Perhaps it wasn't the best choice of words, but it's no less vitriolic than other things here.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
A Bronco was the last player you could see with the ball before the 'scrum.'

A Bronco had possession of the ball when they unpiled everyone.

A Bronco is b****ing about it to the media (risking a fine for doing so).

Bush league at best, screw job at worst.
this... I just about threw something at my TV during this whole scene. Disgrace...
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

You are delusional to think Ball is better than KM. Plus, where is the blame on PM 3 INTS?! Yes KM fumbled, so has WM. Put your anger for a player aside and think rationally. It was PM INTs and the horrible refs that cost us the game. Even though he fumbled, we clearly recovered the ball only to see the refs steal it from us.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Ball got decent yardage on his one carry.

Moreno got nothing on his 3 or 4 carries and fumbled the ball on his one decent run. A run that McGahee probably would have taken to the house with the sized hole that the line opened up.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Moreno got nothing on his 3 or 4 carries and fumbled the ball on his one decent run. A run that McGahee probably would have taken to the house with the sized hole that the line opened up.
Yeah... he got decent yardage in the game when everyone is expecting pass because of how back we where in the 4th. Plus KM got hit behind the LOS 2 times. Our interior OL... heck all of our OL played a sub par game.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #18
BroncoBeavis

With 99% of bad calls you can at least rationalize how such a bad call was made.

In this case, I'm not sure how they could've ever arrived at the call they made.

There was no evidence whatsoever that a Falcon ever possessed the ball for any part of that play. At the very least, if possession can't be reliably confirmed either way, the ball should revert to the team that possessed it.

"If in doubt, give the ball to the other team" has got to be one of the craziest calls ever made in the NFL.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Knowshon is better simply because he had more carries. Or so I'm told.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yeah... he got decent yardage in the game when everyone is expecting pass because of how back we where in the 4th. Plus KM got hit behind the LOS 2 times. Our interior OL... heck all of our OL played a sub par game.
You fail to mention the gaping Rosanne Barr sized hole that the interior line opened up for Moreno on the carry which he chose to ignore and instead cut outside, bumbled for 4 yards and proceeded to fumble the ball. I can name 30 backs in the league that would have jump cut inside and broken that run for 25 + yards (including the deactivated one already on the roster.)

Last edited by razorwire77; 09-18-2012 at 11:59 AM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Knowshon is better simply because he had more carries. Or so I'm told.
You're not John Fox or John Elway so you aren't allowed to have an opinion about KM. Or so I've read.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

Franklin was just doing an interview on the Fan and they asked him about the fumble. He said that he was the first to possess the ball, but the refs were yelling "red ball" before anybody had it. The Falcons never had possession, he had it the whole time.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It sure looked like Decker got on top of the ball early in the scramble but didn't look like he secured it and no way to know whether he ever "controlled" it. Just one of those things.
Unless the refs saw the ball inside and wrapped with a Falcons' player, wy would they call Falcons ball so early if it hasn't been determined? Also, who came up with the ball but a Bronco.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I've never seen such an obviously blown fumble recovery call. They always error on the side of whoever comes out of the pile with the ball, unless there is clear evidence that something else happened. I'm sure referees have gotten it wrong before, but never on a play where no Atlanta player ever appeared to even have touched the damn ball.

It is literally the single worst call I've ever seen. You can't sugarcoat it. It ended up being a 10 point swing (how much did we lose by??).

This was the biggest joke of a game I've ever seen. Just awful.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
Hmmmm. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Perhaps it wasn't the best choice of words, but it's no less vitriolic than other things here.
Whether you meant to offend anyone or not, what you posted is far more than "not the best choice of words"; it's a violation of one of the OrangeMane's most "engraved-in-granite" rules: no family smack. You're new here and obviously weren't aware that running family smack will result in a temporary ban... ignorance of the rules isn't a license to break them, however. See you in 10 days.

edited to add: I strongly recommend that all new OM members take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the forum rules posted in this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105484
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote