The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Default I'm not mad.

Long season to go. As bad as the 1st three quarters was, Denver almost had the chance to come back and win the game. Week 4 Denver finally plays a division opponent(Raiders @home). I foresee more of a learning process on offense and I think it will click by Week 9. 4 of the last 7 games are against the division. Denver isn't there yet, but I think they can do it. Just make the playoffs. All I want.

I'm not mad.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
menonite

I'm concerned. I was hoping Manning would look better. I don't like the teams odds against the Texans, frankly.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

If we were rooting for the New Orleans Saints I'd be very concerned. They are horrible on defense.

This loss was to an NFC opponent. Division games and AFC opponents are where Denver needs to win.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
Action

Yeah, this is a process people, and Denver will get better believe that. Manning will fix his mistakes.

I think when people wake up in the morning and look back at this, you can't be too mad.

It's an away game, against a super bowl contender... and after trailing 20-0 we came back and outscored them 21-7.

This is one of those games that will help make the team stronger IMO... not a game that deflates a team because it's such an upset.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

I'm not worried about the future but I am mad tonight. I'll be over it by tomorrow but for now I'm just going to curse the refs until my rage abates.

I'm hopeful for next week. I think Peyton will be pissed off about his play tonight and come back with a vengeance.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'm concerned about Pass Rush more then anything. I'm not furious just diappointed tonight. Growing pains esp on road will show up early this season.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
I don't like the teams odds against the Texans, frankly.
Let's not forget Del Rio has coached against that Kubiak offense for the past X years...twice a year.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah, this is a process people, and Denver will get better believe that. Manning will fix his mistakes.

I think when people wake up in the morning and look back at this, you can't be too mad.

It's an away game, against a super bowl contender... and after trailing 20-0 we came back and outscored them 21-7.

This is one of those games that will help make the team stronger IMO... not a game that deflates a team because it's such an upset.
I couldn't agree more. I think this team came out rattled and unsure of themselves. But showed tremendous heart and character to fight back into it, fighting the refs all night as well, and to fall short by 6 points. Proud of how they showed some true grit when everything seemed to go wrong early on.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Actually I think we match up with Houston very well. They're obviously well coached and a very talented team that has played well so far, as to be expected. However, we've shown two games in a row now that we can stop the run. We lost Warren and while kicking Methwolfe inside hurt in the pass rush department, we were very strong up front and they basically never got much started there. Houston's whole offense starts with the run game. If they can't run the ball, they don't get to the rollout game. They don't get to the play-action pass etc. We've got good corners and they have one great reciever. We have the personnel to erase or at least limit Andre Johnson and force them to throw the ball to other players in order to move the chains.

This is a game Denver needs to win and we should win it.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm concerned. I was hoping Manning would look better. I don't like the teams odds against the Texans, frankly.
Oh brother.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
menonite

^ I'm sorry. You're right. the Texans are going to be a cakewalk and the best way to beat them is to turn the ball over as much as possible in the first quarter.

All I'm saying is that they look to be a very tough team to beat and i would feel better about the game if the offense had played better tonight.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #13
Action

Quote:
^ I'm sorry. You're right. the Texans are going to be a cakewalk and the best way to beat them is to turn the ball over as much as possible in the first quarter.

All I'm saying is that they look to be a very tough team to beat and i would feel better about the game if the offense had played better tonight.
Texans are absolutely a tough match up and have one of the best defenses in the league. However, we're at home and we have a DC who has played them quite well in his days at Jacksonville.

Everyone would have liked Manning to look better but this game brings us down to reality a bit.

Manning was out for a year, didn't take 1 snap. Couldn't throw a football.

Today, he was playing on the road, in a dome, with a brand new team in a new offense, against a defensive scheme that disguised quite well for the game.

All that and we managed to come back within 1 touchdown which I'm confident everyone thought we would have made had we got the chance.

It's a process...

Last edited by Action; 09-18-2012 at 01:22 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

More time and fewer mistakes and this game ends differently...nothing to get mad about...we just made too many and in all the wrong areas. I think this loss showed us how manning needs to adjust his offense to our personnel and really begin to mold his calls around the abilities of each player...instead of assuming its better to pass than run or throw long instead of 15-20 yards on a dump pass to the back.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #15
CEH
Ring of Famer

What happens at 3:05 if Jones is one yard short and we get the ball back
I really like our chances to take the lead.

Don't you?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

The Broncos nearly won a game on the road against a playoff caliber team while losing the turnover battle by 4.

I think they have a fighting chance against the Texans at home...
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #17
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'm concerned about Pass Rush more then anything. I'm not furious just diappointed tonight. Growing pains esp on road will show up early this season.
Our pass protection looked pretty shoddy too
Old 09-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #18
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
The Broncos nearly won a game on the road against a playoff caliber team while losing the turnover battle by 4.

I think they have a fighting chance against the Texans at home...
This.

Peyton looked bad and there's no way around that, but we had four turnovers and were in the game in the 4th. Call it spin, but Atlanta came off worse than we did IMO. They should have blown us out by a lot.

Again, Peyton had a poor game, but he has a track record of great play. There's no reason to believe that's going to happen every single week. He'll bounce back next week. And the Texans are good, but we're at home.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
Broncosman

Quote:
all will be better .
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I am not mad or concerned either. What I saw last night was franchise improvement. Over the past decade this game would have been some kind of 40-whatever blow out. Cutler, Plummer, Griese, and Orton would have all went into the tank and given up in the first quarter, and the defense would have played in kind. Not this team and especially not after last season.

Go Broncos.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Our pass protection looked pretty shoddy too
Most likely because they could hear very well.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #22
canadianbroncosfan

Maven, Action, Steve, Rhyme

All I can say is THANK YOU

Thank you for looking at the bigger picture. It's only week 2 guys, and we came back to nearly win a game by only really showing up for one half! We lost the turnover battle, we lost the ref battle, we played a high caliber team, ON THE ROAD, oh and it was still only week 2.

I'll wait a bit before I even get close to consider being "worried"

Cheers fellas
Old 09-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Mike Shanahan always talked about having to play one quarter for every game missed to knock off a QB's rust. Manning was out 20 games, therefore he's pretty far ahead of 20 quarter's worth of rust.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Most likely because they could hear very well.
I don't think hearing has much to do with Walton getting rag dolled all over the field
Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #25
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I am not mad or concerned either. What I saw last night was franchise improvement. Over the past decade this game would have been some kind of 40-whatever blow out. Cutler, Plummer, Griese, and Orton would have all went into the tank and given up in the first quarter, and the defense would have played in kind. Not this team and especially not after last season.

Go Broncos.
Totally agree. Manning played his F game in the first half and they still almost pulled out the win. The whole team put up a good fight in the 2nd half. 2 years ago this game would have ended 35-10.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote