The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default We were outcoached and the refs sucked

I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig. We had a bad game. Manning played his worst first quarter of his career. Stokely and DT had drops and refs were downright crooked. Honestly we're a bunch of phantom calls and a better game away from dominating these guys.

They had four turnovers and 13 points to show for it and we're a better safety away from getting some key stops.

My thoughts:
  1. The front office doesn't want to punt on Moore. They are determined to sell us he's good. He is not.
  2. None of the RB's except Hillman are a threat to take one the distance. They also aren't seeing some big cutback lanes.
  3. I hated our game plan early. It's like they just decided to mail it in with the no huddle. They should have huddled and gone to a quick count. Nolan definitely confused Manning and we should have run the ball a lot more than we did. It was annoying.
  4. I think there will be some games like this especially early in the season where Manning struggles to find his rhythm. It's part of the growing pains.
  5. We're probably going to be ok. Even though some fools are saying this was a "must win" it was against an NFC team in a place they almost never lose. We can rebound from this.

Last edited by Kaylore; 09-17-2012 at 10:25 PM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig. We had a bad game. Manning played his worst fourth quarter of his career. Stokely and DT had drops and refs were downright crooked. Honestly we're a bunch of phantom calls and a better game away from dominating these guys.

They had four turnovers and 13 points to show for it and we're a better safety away from getting some key stops.

My thoughts:
  1. The front office doesn't want to punt on Moore. They are determined to sell us he's good. He is not.
  2. None of the RB's except Hillman are a threat to take one the distance. They also aren't seeing some big cutback lanes.
  3. I hated our game plan early. It's like they just decided to mail it in with the no huddle. They should have huddled and gone to a quick count. Nolan definitely confused Manning and we should have run the ball a lot more than we did. It was annoying.
  4. I think there will be some games like this especially early in the season where Manning struggles to find his rhythm. It's part of the growing pains.
  5. We're probably going to be ok. Even though some fools are saying this was a "must win" it was against an NFC team in a place they almost never lose. We can rebound from this.
That last point is spot on.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Think Philly wants a take-back on Asante Samuel? Dude was great tonight.
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

You mean his worst first quarter of his career, right?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

1-1 after 2 games....yeah we should hit the panic button.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Great post. I am not discouraged from tonight.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

We played a bad first half and a decent second half but the Refs were atrocious the league has got to get this straightened out
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Moore isn't the sole problem, the entire secondary looked lost.

JDR isn't doing a good job coaching these guys up, Porter and Adams looked confused at the end. Doom disappeared tonight.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
You mean his worst first quarter of his career, right?
Yes. Sorry.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
Rolandftw

My only objection was the deep passes with Manning. At this time, I have no confidence that's a strong part of his game.. so why do it three different times? I think two of them weren't even remotely close to receivers. If we have to go deep, would rather go sideline then the middle of the field

Not blaming Manning for the loss as it could have been mix-ups with WR's as well. We did pretty well, considering we gave them an early td basically with the first pick.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Losing this game is not the end of the world. Atlanta is a good team and was at home. You can't turn it over 4 times on the road, with 10 penalties and win very often against a good team. The Broncos are still good enough to win this division, but they just don't have enough playmakers on either side of the ball to get far in the playoffs I'm afraid.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Agree that a road game against NFC is far from "must win." Next two at home (Texans, Raiders) are going to be big, b/c it's on the road for 4 of the next 5 after that.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Thats a good team we lost to tonight, on their turf. We made a TON TON TON of mistakes, and had no help from the zebras tonight and we were right there. I wasn't concerned about Peyton's arm until tonight, i must admit. Felt like a lot of balls were sailing on him, even though he mixed in some strong throws there too. Hopefully they come out next week and play solid.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Nolan's scheme had even Gruden confused.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I was encouraged they overcame the hole they dug and the refs helped fortify. Let's be honest the refs had nothing to do with the 4 turn overs. But the refs were **** tonight. They ****ed us and even ****ed Atlanta by giving us college rule penalties.

The ginger, and therefor soulless, commissioner should be fired for this crap.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #16
Agamemnon

I don't know if I'd say we got out-coached. When your QB and RB give up the ball four times in the first half, and you force no turnovers to compensate, you are expected to lose in this league. I think people know that I am more than willing to call out Fox and company when they suck, but in this game no amount of coaching is going to make a -4 TO differential go away.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #17
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
My only objection was the deep passes with Manning. At this time, I have no confidence that's a strong part of his game.. so why do it three different times? I think two of them weren't even remotely close to receivers. If we have to go deep, would rather go sideline then the middle of the field

Not blaming Manning for the loss as it could have been mix-ups with WR's as well. We did pretty well, considering we gave them an early td basically with the first pick.
A couple of those picks were Manning's fault - disguised coverage and great defensive play calling by Nolan.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I didn't hear Derek Wolfe's name get mentioned once tonight. Dumervil got stuffed all night long by Baker. They double teamed Von all night and he still made the big play of the game for the D. The D did a solid job against the run. Sometimes, the other guys win.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

D played damn good...good time for manning to have this game ...early in the season, NFC team, on the road. Nice to see him get into form late and see this team fight back in a harsh environment. Big game next Sunday!!! Lots of positives to take from this...its not like we just lost to the cardinals at home.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #20
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Moore isn't the sole problem, the entire secondary looked lost.

JDR isn't doing a good job coaching these guys up, Porter and Adams looked confused at the end. Doom disappeared tonight.
Yet Ryan only passed for 219 yards on 36 attempts. There seems to be a disconnect going on here. It's almost like Bronco fans are so used to terrible defense that they see it even when it's not actually there.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I didn't hear Derek Wolfe's name get mentioned once tonight. Dumervil got stuffed all night long by Baker. They double teamed Von all night and he still made the big play of the game for the D. The D did a solid job against the run. Sometimes, the other guys win.
Why do we rarely blitz and let them double team von.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I'm not discouraged one bit. Atlanta confused the entire offense in the first half. Props to them cause it won't happen again. This offense is a work in progress, and by the later half of the year will probably be kicking in full gear. I thought the defense played pretty damn good considering the hole the offense put them in, in the first half.

All in all, Denver was still in the game at the end even with all the screw ups on our side and with the refs. So that makes me feel better.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yet Ryan only passed for 219 yards on 36 attempts. There seems to be a disconnect going on here. It's almost like Bronco fans are so used to terrible defense that they see it even when it's not actually there.
I have to agree. We are scapegoating the secondary tonight.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post

When a QB throws three interceptions I think it's fair to blame him for a loss. I mean if you are going to credit Manning for the Pitt win last week, it's only fair. Hopefully the guy bounce back and has more games like week 1, and no more games like week 2.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Positives
Colquitt continues to be one of the best punters in the AFC
Miller is beasting... 3 rd down sack was clutch
Mcgahee showing little signs of slowing down
Run d was excellent
We should have never been in this game after 4 TOs... Defense did its job to slow down Atlanta.

Negative
Offense went through its growing pains
Dumervil being quiet for the past 2 weeks without any double teams is concerning
Replacement refs

Despite the immense 1st quarter suckitude... If manning gets the ball back, I bet most of us here would expect Denver to pull off a win in an incredibly tough place to play.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote