The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #101
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Let me also add, I've watched the play numerous times... I don't know where Moore came from, I need to see coach cam from up top, but he's already running towards Julio as the ball is in the air.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #102
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,599

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

If JDR agrees with the assessment of Moore's critics, that he "sucks", he will bench him. Allen did it last year, and JDR will not hesitate to do it this year if he thinks he can improve the team by replacing him.

Until then, we can assume that he is giving Moore some leway for growing pains--just like they would do if he was a QB or LT or any other position that takes time to learn at the pro level.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #103
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
If JDR agrees with the assessment of Moore's critics, that he "sucks", he will bench him. Allen did it last year, and JDR will not hesitate to do it this year if he thinks he can improve the team by replacing him.

Until then, we can assume that he is giving Moore some leway for growing pains--just like they would do if he was a QB or LT or any other position that takes time to learn at the pro level.
Rahim has oodles of talent. But he can't tackle, can't catch, has poor positioning and ball skills. Talented guy, no skill.

In short, he is the Tim Tebow of safeties.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #104
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
If you can't figure out who the blown coverage was on, then your analysis of anything, let alone Moore being the problem on that play, is completely invalid.

Does a better safety make the play? MAYBE. But no one is saying Moore is an elite Safety.

So if you need to use someone like Ed Reed to make your point, you obviously are completely missing the point of what people are saying.
Think you should read what I wrote earlier. I can name young safety's who drive to the ball better than Moore. That's the problem that you don't know where he came from.. What is he doing out of the play initially? The play is in front of him not behind him. Seriously what about Moore's game gives ringing praise to being a starter? I wish Moore played with MORE heart, intelligence, poise, and tenacity.. At some point physical attributes being relied upon only has got to go!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #105
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Think you should read what I wrote earlier. I can name young safety's who drive to the ball better than Moore. That's the problem that you don't know where he came from.. What is he doing out of the play initially? The play is in front of him not behind him. Seriously what about Moore's game gives ringing praise to being a starter? I wish Moore played with MORE heart, intelligence, poise, and tenacity.. At some point physical attributes being relied upon only has got to go!
I think it was Jones who caught the pass and he was completely uncovered. There was no one around him, he crossed over the middle and caught the ball with room to spare. Now, who's is supposed to either cover Jones or cover that zone area? Is that the LBer's responsibility? If it's man, no way, you don't put a LBer on Jones. Was it a zone coverage gaff? If so, then maybe Moore is not to blame so much.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #106
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,468
Default

he's improved a lot since last season. his play recognition isn't where it needs to be but he's a damn sight better at tackling than last year and he's in spots to make plays on the ball.

he's got improvements to make for sure, but he's getting better.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #107
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,599

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Rahim has oodles of talent. But he can't tackle, can't catch, has poor positioning and ball skills. Talented guy, no skill.

In short, he is the Tim Tebow of safeties.
That is a myth this year. As has been said many times in this thread alone, this is the area he has really improved. Does he need more? Yes, of course.

However, like I said, if JDR agrees with you, then he will be replaced soon. OTOH, if JDR believes that these "oodles of talent" just need time and nurturing, then he will stay on the field as long as he is healthy to get the needed reps to allow improvement.

Besides, I'm not too sure being a "Tebow of safeties" is all that bad of a thing.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #108
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I thought Moore looked lost most of the time. He takes poor angles and is a very poor tackler.

I understand that not one play or one player can cost a team a game, but the fact is:

Had Moore made a stick tackle on 3rd down during Atl last possession. They would have had to punt with 2 minutes left in the game. Had that happened...I think we win the game.

One stick tackle...and we win. He couldn't get it done instead...he hits the guy, the guy goes forward for 3 more yards....1st down...game over.

(What Would Atwater Have Done )WWAHD.....
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #109
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
If you can't figure out who the blown coverage was on, then your analysis of anything, let alone Moore being the problem on that play, is completely invalid.

Does a better safety make the play? MAYBE. But no one is saying Moore is an elite Safety.

So if you need to use someone like Ed Reed to make your point, you obviously are completely missing the point of what people are saying.
Man, I honestly cannot see your point.

Moore is a SAFETY in the NFL. His job is to drive on the ball and STICK the receiver. The receiver made the catch and Moore got there in front of the marker. If he wraps up (you know that technique they teach you in Yaffle), then he makes the tackle in front of the marker and Atlanta has to punt. Instead, he throws himself at the receiver trying to get a knockdown...and the receiver brushes him off and dives forward past the first down marker...easily getting the 1st down. Then he smiles about it. That is bush league.

Say whatever you want....but, defending that play.........is ignorance.

Last edited by Hamrob; 09-18-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #110
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I thought Moore looked lost most of the time. He takes poor angles and is a very poor tackler.

I understand that not one play or one player can cost a team a game, but the fact is:

Had Moore made a stick tackle on 3rd down during Atl last possession. They would have had to punt with 2 minutes left in the game. Had that happened...I think we win the game.

One stick tackle...and we win. He couldn't get it done instead...he hits the guy, the guy goes forward for 3 more yards....1st down...game over.

(What Would Atwater Have Done )WWAHD.....
This is exactly what I was trying to convey.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #111
AmericanBroncFan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Moore is getting better. Whats the alternitive? Q. Carter is slow. J. Leanard had concrete boots on his punt returns. Moore has been close now in two games to making game changing plays.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #112
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Moore is getting better. Whats the alternitive? Q. Carter is slow. J. Leanard had concrete boots on his punt returns. Moore has been close now in two games to making game changing plays.
In the 4.5s is plenty fast for a safety.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #113
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,892
Default

I still believe Quintin Carter is better and would rather have a sure tackler who can catch in there
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #114
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,793
Default

Bottom line is, Moore is not a play-maker, and is not as advertised. He was supposed to be the ballhawk of the draft. So far all he's been is a gifted athlete with bad instincts. Basically a back up.

There have been many a safety on this team since the great DS and SA. Unless Moore gets his **** together and does something this year, or better, within the next 2-3 weeks, JDR has to bench him and insert someone that can make plays.

Like OU says. QC is better and he can tackle and catch. If Moore ever puts it together he'd be the best safety on the team, but as of now hes probably 3rd at best.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #115
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran
 
Prodigal19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Bottom line is, Moore is not a play-maker, and is not as advertised. He was supposed to be the ballhawk of the draft. So far all he's been is a gifted athlete with bad instincts. Basically a back up.

There have been many a safety on this team since the great DS and SA. Unless Moore gets his **** together and does something this year, or better, within the next 2-3 weeks, JDR has to bench him and insert someone that can make plays.

Like OU says. QC is better and he can tackle and catch. If Moore ever puts it together he'd be the best safety on the team, but as of now hes probably 3rd at best.
Bottom line is that this is only his SECOND year in the NFL. Give him some time. He has obviously progressed tremendously over last year. Im not sure why you say he cant tackle, as I can only remember 1 or 2 missed tackles so far this year. His technique has improved tremendously though. As he becomes more confident with his tackling he will be able to tackle harder and more aggressively.

He proved in college that he has good hands, he just hasnt shown it in the NFL yet. Just give him some time to adjust. Once again, this is only his second year. Most safeties take a few years to gain the awareness needed to be an impact player in the NFL. QC is a good safety but Moore's ceiling is MUCH higher.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #116
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Rahim has oodles of talent. But he can't tackle, can't catch, has poor positioning and ball skills. Talented guy, no skill.

In short, he is the Tim Tebow of safeties.
I bet Tebow could play some safety. I'd say better then Rahim "The Latrine" Moore
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #117
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
If you can't figure out who the blown coverage was on, then your analysis of anything, let alone Moore being the problem on that play, is completely invalid.

Does a better safety make the play? MAYBE. But no one is saying Moore is an elite Safety.

So if you need to use someone like Ed Reed to make your point, you obviously are completely missing the point of what people are saying.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #118
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
We are really blaming that last play on Rahim Moore....

It's just sad what some Broncos fans see when they watch games.
Well he needed to realize situation and get jones down after that catch. It didn't matter if Atlanta picked up the first by an inch or 50 yards game was over. There was time to break and stop that first down.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #119
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 1,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well he needed to realize situation and get jones down after that catch. It didn't matter if Atlanta picked up the first by an inch or 50 yards game was over. There was time to break and stop that first down.
Lol, and you think if Julio Jones didn't make the 1st because Rahim Drove him back that the Atlanta fans would be calling for his head as well. I mean he has to know the situation and to get a 1st there.

I feel all these Moore threads have started because he didn't stop Julio short of the 1st on that last play. You know what, Atlanta's players are paid to play as well.

Without seeing the whole field, who even knows who is responsible for covering Jones. It was a 3 yard crossing route with our LBs blitzing. Is that the Safety? Nickel corner? Hell, maybe Moore was playing the deep end and came up all the way recognizing the route and just didn't have time to close fast enough.

Moore has been decent so far. He is tackling better and seems to be around the ball more than last year. Christ, this is only what - his 5th or 6th started game? Classic OM calling for a draftees head before they have time to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

Me, I'll wait until the end of year 3 and place judgement then. Just look at Beadles - last year and the year prior people were calling for a replacement. Now he is playing really well and is a solid starter. Give it time people.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #120
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
Lol, and you think if Julio Jones didn't make the 1st because Rahim Drove him back that the Atlanta fans would be calling for his head as well. I mean he has to know the situation and to get a 1st there.

I feel all these Moore threads have started because he didn't stop Julio short of the 1st on that last play. You know what, Atlanta's players are paid to play as well.

Without seeing the whole field, who even knows who is responsible for covering Jones. It was a 3 yard crossing route with our LBs blitzing. Is that the Safety? Nickel corner? Hell, maybe Moore was playing the deep end and came up all the way recognizing the route and just didn't have time to close fast enough.

Moore has been decent so far. He is tackling better and seems to be around the ball more than last year. Christ, this is only what - his 5th or 6th started game? Classic OM calling for a draftees head before they have time to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

Me, I'll wait until the end of year 3 and place judgement then. Just look at Beadles - last year and the year prior people were calling for a replacement. Now he is playing really well and is a solid starter. Give it time people.
A number of us on this board watch the games and inspect plays a lot deeper than I think you are giving them credit for. The last play was nothing more than one play in a series of plays that Rahim Moore was a step too slow in closing on throughout the course of the game. As many have noted, it is because he may not fully trust his instincts yet, or he is late to recognize players coming into his zone. He was also late getting to his assignments on a few occassions Monday night too. Here's a hint for breaking down a defensive back's performance in very simple terms. If he is constantly making tackles on guys in front of him 1.5 seconds after the catch, it means he did not have a good break or was slow to recognize how the pattern was unfolding.

There really isn't a large contingent "calling for his head," just pointing out that one of our 2nd rounders is still not developed. In my opinion, he shoudl be further along at this point, but that is debatable.

If I had to rate his game on Monday it would be an "A"

for "awful"
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #121
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
Lol, and you think if Julio Jones didn't make the 1st because Rahim Drove him back that the Atlanta fans would be calling for his head as well. I mean he has to know the situation and to get a 1st there.

I feel all these Moore threads have started because he didn't stop Julio short of the 1st on that last play. You know what, Atlanta's players are paid to play as well.

Without seeing the whole field, who even knows who is responsible for covering Jones. It was a 3 yard crossing route with our LBs blitzing. Is that the Safety? Nickel corner? Hell, maybe Moore was playing the deep end and came up all the way recognizing the route and just didn't have time to close fast enough.
That's exactly what he is saying as well as several of us. Moore had no business being in position to play a deeper throw when the play is at the marker, not down the field.

I don't care how you twist it, the play is for the qb is to complete the pass, ideally for a first, and keep the clock moving! This means short pass to move the chains! Otherwise they kill as much clock as they can to make it harder on Manning, what does that mean? High Percentage Completition.. SHORT PASS! If he completes the pass for 7 or 17, you lose either way! The QB is going for the high percentage play! Again.. Short pass! So Moore should have been driving forward from the snap. And when he got there, he didn't make the stick, which was the theme for him throughout the night.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #122
teknic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone starting to change their minds about Rahim Moore yet?

I've seen noticeable improvement from him this year, he's starting to play well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #123
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Anyone starting to change their minds about Rahim Moore yet?

I've seen noticeable improvement from him this year, he's starting to play well.
definitely improving...i hope by the end of the season I can look back on this thread and be embarrassed that I started it
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #124
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Anyone starting to change their minds about Rahim Moore yet?

I've seen noticeable improvement from him this year, he's starting to play well.
Not after watching the Patriots game. Both safeties got schooled all day long and were out of position situationally for most of the game. He did make a few really nice plays, but he also made more boneheaded ones by my count.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #125
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,028

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

While he pisses people off, seems Mays is taking most of the hits on defense. Is he improving? Yes and noticed it before this weekend but will he be someone that we can get behind knowing he will be elite? I doubt it. We come from the Dennis Smith/Steve Atwater/Lynch/Hawkins type of safety in Denver. Those guys spoiled us but it could be very much accepted come draft or free agency. Those are the type of receivers that make wide outs aligator arm the ball. Makethem scared **** to be near a safety. Moore doesn't do that nor I think he will be that type of guy.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Denver Broncos