The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default Chargers' news

What to Watch For…

On Offense for the Chargers
Following his strongest game of the 2012 season, the Chargers will look to feed Ryan Mathews the ball early and often. Head coach Norv Turner said he still plans on using a running back by committee, but admits that Mathews will see the vast majority of touches. In the passing game, Philip Rivers will continue to spread the ball around to a wide variety of weapons. But watch for the quarterback to target Antonio Gates, hoping to connect for the first touchdown pass of the season with the tight end.

On Offense for the Broncos
Denver features a balanced attack that ranks ninth in the NFL in total offense. Peyton Manning is back to his usual ways, completing 66.0% of his passes (130 of 197) for 1,507 yards with 11 touchdowns and only three interceptions. He has a number of capable targets, led by Demaryius Thomas who leads the team with 513 yards receiving, 30 catches and a pair of touchdowns. Also factoring prominently in the passing game are wide receivers Eric Decker (28 catches) and Brandon Stokely (15), as well as tight end Jacob Tamme (21). Willis McGahee anchors the Broncos’ rushing attack with 83 carries for 376 yards and three scores.

On Defense for the Chargers
After allowing the Saints to complete big plays against them, the Chargers defense looks to get back to creating the “negative plays” they achieved the week prior against the Chiefs. One player capable of being a disruptive force on each snap is Shaun Phillips, who’s having an outstanding 2012 campaign. He already has more sacks through five games (4.5) than all of last season (3.5). Meanwhile, Atari Bigby leads the team with 34 tackles while Eric Weddle and Antoine Cason pace the club with two interceptions apiece.

On Defense for the Broncos
Linebacker Von Miller leads a stingy Broncos’ defense that is only yielding 22.8 points per game. Miller leads the Broncos with five sacks, while defensive end Elvis Dumervil is right behind him with three. Meanwhile, linebacker Wesley Woodyard and safety Rahim Moore are tied for the team lead with 37 tackles apiece. The defense also features the ageless future Hall of Famer Champ Bailey at cornerback.

Series History

The Chargers have won four of the last five, five of the last eight and nine of the last 12 against the Broncos. The Bolts have also won four of the last six played in San Diego. Nonetheless, Denver leads the all-time series, 55-48-1.

By the Numbers
For the year, the Chargers rank 23rd in total offense (334.8 yards per game), 19th in passing (231.4 ypg), 16th in rushing (103.4 ypg) and 13th in points (24.8). The Broncos rank ninth in total offense (390.0 ypg), fifth in passing (288.8 ypg), 17th in rushing (101.2 ypg) and ninth in points (27.0)
Defensively, the Bolts rank 11th in total defense (334.0 ypg), 20th in passing (260.0 ypg), fifth in rushing (74.0 ypg) and 11th in points allowed (20.4). Denver ranks 13th in total defense (335.2 ypg), 11th in passing (215.0 ypg), 21st in rushing (120.2 ypg) and 19th in points allowed (22.8).\

From Rick Henne Chargers.com

Bacchus EDIT: Denver will get 5 sacks this games, any less than 3 sacks and they lose.

Blackout lifted for Chargers-Broncos
Posted 5 hours ago
By Public Relations

The San Diego Chargers have sold enough tickets to lift the local blackout for Monday night’s Chargers-Broncos showdown at 5:30 p.m. at Qualcomm Stadium. The game will be shown throughout Southern California on ESPN and fans in San Diego can also watch the simulcast on KFMB-TV, Channel 8. Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden will call the game for ESPN, while Lisa Salters reports from the sidelines.

The Chargers are once again warning fans to be wary of fraudulent tickets. It’s unfortunate, but every week fans are turned away with counterfeit tickets. The only way to guarantee tickets are authentic is to purchase them directly through Chargers.com, Ticketmaster.com or the NFL’s official resale provider: NFL.com/TicketExchange. Tickets obtained from other sources could be counterfeit, so fans are urged to be extra careful and double-check the source of their tickets.

The Chargers will be celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Monday night’s game and a number of players from both teams will be wearing pink to acknowledge the importance of screening and early detection in women. The Chargers will also be wearing their Power Blue alternate jerseys for Monday night’s game.

At halftime of Monday night’s game, pro golfer and San Diego native Phil Mickelson will attempt the “KPMG Chip4Charity.” If Mickelson hits a target that will be 100 yards away, KPMG is going donate as much as $1 million to First Book, a non-profit organization supported by KPMG’s Family For Literacy program. KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.kpmg.com/us), is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International.”) KPMG International’s member firms have 145,000 people, including more than 8,000 partners, in 152 countries. They have been a long-time sponsor of Mickelson’s golf career.

Fans planning to attend Monday night’s Chargers-Broncos game are encouraged to arrive early and carpool or use public transportation, including the Trolley. The team is expecting its largest crowd of the season and the parking lot is expected to fill and be closed well before kickoff. Fans also are reminded to allow plenty of time to get into the stadium as long lines are likely due to enhanced screening procedures at the gates.

Fans can also listen to the radio broadcast on Rock 105.3 and XTRA Sports 1360 in San Diego, and 1350 AM in Los Angeles and Orange County with Josh Lewin and Hank Bauer calling the game and Mike Costa reporting from the field. KLAC 570 AM in Los Angeles and Orange County will also carry the national broadcast on the Dial Global Radio Network with Kevin Harlan calling the play-by-play, Dan Fouts providing analysis and Mark Malone reporting from the field. All Chargers games are also broadcast in Spanish on XHFG 107.3 FM in San Diego and KWKW 1330 AM in Los Angeles with Jorge Villanueva calling the play-by-play and Dante Lazcano offering game analysis.

Bacchus EDIT: I knew they would sell out this game. Broncs' fans in S.D. are fierce about going to games.

Acee: Peyton Manning doesn't give Bolts respect

Peyton Manning is in denial. Or else he’s just that arrogant.

“It’s hard to put a summary on different teams of different years,” Manning said when asked Tuesday how the Chargers have had so much success against him. “I’m probably not ready to answer that question.”

I’ll answer that question.

The Chargers have won five of their past six meetings with Manning, dating back to 2005. In fact, they’ve embarrassed him.

They’ve intercepted him 15 times (to 11 touchdown passes). His passer rating is 74.5 over the six games.

Among the 23 teams Manning faced more than once between 2005 and ‘10, Dallas (2-0) is the only other team to have a winning record against him. He’s had a lower passer rating against just two teams. Among the other five teams he faced as many as six times in that span, including Baltimore (99.5) and New England (97.3), his average passer rating was 102.2. Manning has only thrown multiple interceptions in 22 games since ‘05, and the Chargers have been the opponent in four of those.

“You’re talking kind of different times,” said Manning, now the Denver Broncos quarterback and preparing to face the Chargers on Monday night. “I’m with a different team now ... Those were Colts versus Chargers games. These are division games now. I have an appreciation what a division rivalry means.”

I guess he wasn’t trying in those non-division games against the Chargers. Must not have appreciated those playoff games the Chargers won against the Colts after the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

I’m used to ignoring NFL types trying to insult my intelligence. But Manning is offensive.

You know what the difference between Peyton Manning and A.J. Smith is? Manning listens to his PR people and has a Southern drawl that comes off nicely in commercials and sound bytes.

I bring up Smith because the Chargers’ general manager has sort of been on a mission since Manning signed with Denver. A mission to, I don’t know, get in Manning’s head. Maybe he figures since Stephen Cooper is no longer around to do so …

I asked Smith last week, prior to the Broncos’ loss at New England, about Manning -- his arm strength, his readiness after just four games following a year off due to a neck injury.

“His arm strength looks the same to me,” Smith said. “Manning is one of the greatest field generals in NFL history. He has had multiple neck operations, but he didn’t hurt his great football mind. Manning is totally healthy and ready to roll.”

My interpretation of our previous conversations about Manning was that Smith was being largely sardonic. But this time, I could not read his face, because there was no expression. He was either being entirely forthright or has taken acting lessons.

“Any time you play against a Peyton Manning-led team, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, you better bring high energy and your ‘A’ game just to have a chance to win,” Smith said. “You don’t make mistakes and get away with it when you’re dealing with this enormously talented player.”

Rest of shiet article: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...rgers-respect/

Bacchus EDIT: Disrespect shistrespect.... stop whining and prove it on the field. Other wise it's all talk.

Chargers-Broncos: Unit breakdowns

Offense

Chargers: Ryan Mathews looked in peak form Sunday for the first time in his comeback from a collarbone fracture sustained on Aug. 9. Out of synch with Philip Rivers through four games, Robert Meachem had two touchdown catches last week, giving the Chargers a downfield alternative to Malcom Floyd. The Chargers, adjusting to flux at receiver, have played up the short pass and lead the NFL in completions to running backs. It’s not clear how injuries to left tackle Jared Gaither (groin) and slot receiver Eddie Royal (hamstring) will affect the offense.

Broncos: Peyton Manning is showing he's still a force at age 36. He’s putting the Broncos into good plays at the line of scrimmage and making quick throws. In 19 of 20 quarters, he hasn’t thrown an interception. Jumbo receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are playmakers, and Willie McGahee is a capable inside-outside runner. Slow starts and fumbles, however, have charecterized the offense. McGahee’s backup, rookie Ronnie Hillman (SDSU), is raw at blitz pickup. Like the Bolts, the Broncos have injury concerns at left tackle with Ryan Clady (hamstring).

Edge: Broncos.

Defense

Chargers: They’re blitzing more this year than a year ago. Coordinator John Pagano showed new tricks in the last two games, creating favorable matchups for pass-rushers. Several players are making plays, notably inside linebacker Donald Butler, outside backer Shaun Phillips, end Corey Liuget and safety Eric Weddle. Quentin Jammer, who’s been stellar in run support, gave up two long passes against the Saints. The other corner, Antoine Cason, has two interceptions but is ceding a lot of ground, even to backups.

Broncos: Cornerback Champ Bailey and end/linebacker Von Miller are still elite performers. But the defense overall has been giving up a lot of big plays and making too few of them. The Broncos are 29th in third-down efficiency. The no-huddling Patriots ran 89 plays against them last Sunday and piled up 254 yards rushing. Denver has only two interceptions and two fumble recoveries. It’s a fairly talented defense that hasn’t found its sea legs against a rugged schedule.

Edge: Chargers.

Special teams

Chargers: The return of Shareece Wright, a speedster, could strengthen the coverage units. Wright hasn’t played since he sprained his ankle while making a tackle on the season-opening kickoff. Royal had several big returns against the Chargers, including two for touchdowns in 2009 – but the former Bronco is averaging 5.4 yards on punt returns, compared with Chargers opponents’ average of 10.9. Nick Novak is 4-for-5 on field goals. The miss was a 55-yarder in the Superdome last Sunday.

Broncos: On the season they're edging opponents in both net yards per punt and kickoffs. Kicker Matt Prater, who can pound the long ball at sea level, is 7-for-7 on field goal tries with two makes from 53 yards. Like the Chargers, the Broncos haven’t produced or allowed any touchdowns on special teams. They say they'll use return man Trindon Holliday, claimed off waivers from the Texans this week, on Monday. The 5-foot-5 ex-LSU star had three returns for TDs in the preseason.

Edge: Broncos

Coaching

Chargers: Under Norv Turner, the Chargers are 4-1 against Peyton Manning in large part because they held the Colts’ high-flying offenses to an average of 20 points, never giving up more than 24. Manning didn’t look as smooth and sure as he usually does. It’s speculated that Pagano, who was a Colts assistant in Manning’s formative NFL years, has telling insights into how to defend Manning.

Broncos: John Fox, a San Diego State graduate, is recognized in NFL circles as a smart defensive coach. As a head coach, he’s shaped at least two teams that produced stunning success: The 2003 Carolina Panthers reached the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme as their quarterback, a 15th-ranked offense and a 10th-ranked defense; and the 2011 Broncos, after starting the year 1-4, made Tim Tebow the starting quarterback, scrapped their pro-style offense and went on to win the AFC West and a playoff game.

Edge: Even.

Intangibles: The stakes are high for both teams. The Chargers can increase their lead over the Broncos to two games. The Broncos can pull into a tie for first place. Both teams have a bye next week, encouraging each team to pull out all the stops on Monday night. Oddsmakers award 2-3 points for homefield advantage, and Turner said that home crowds contributed to the successes against Manning, who often operates without huddling. Turner’s Chargers were 2-0 on the road against Manning’s Colts, and 2-1 at San Diego.

Edge: Chargers

Rest of story here. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...page=2#article

Bacchus EDIT: Coaching is even.... really? Fox vs Norv... EVEN...Not that Fox is the greatest coach in the world but Norv ****ING TURNER!!!!..
Q: Norv Turner's resume:
• Coached more games than any other coach with an overall losing record.
• Started 2-0 only once (this season) in 15 seasons as a head coach
• 49-68-1 in 1 possession games; 2nd worst all-time
• Only coach to ever lose to an interim's interim coach

Last edited by Bacchus; 10-13-2012 at 04:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Bacchus

Chargers defense looks to reduce big plays

The Chargers had an extra day of practice Wednesday, courtesy of their next game falling on a Monday, not a Sunday.

The defensive backs put it to good use.

In shorts without pads, a light afternoon practice had a heavy focus on fundamentals. It was an opportune time to go back to the basics after the defense allowed Saints quarterback Drew Brees to complete four passes of 36 or more yards.

In the previous week against the Chiefs, the Chargers ceded three pass plays of between 25 and 29 yards and also a 39-yard touchdown run.

It's easy to point the finger at a cornerback when an offense goes deep.
Turner called it a combination of "a lot of things."

"We've given up too many big plays," Turner said. "We've got to be sounder and not give up big plays. We're creating a lot of negative plays with our style, with our pressure, with our athleticism. We just can't give up big plays."

They'll face a Broncos offense on Monday that has completed 13 passes of 25-plus yards, third most in the NFL.

Alone last week, quarterback Peyton Manning hit wide receiver Demaryius Thomas on separate gains of 38, 30 and 28 yards.

"I'm harder on myself than anyone can be," cornerback Antoine Cason said. "For me, my focus is being in position to make plays. It first starts with technique, fundamentals and being there to have an opportunity to make the play."

EDIT Bacchus: I think Denver will hurt the Chargers with big plays. Look for Thomas and McGahee to have some big plays that will turn the game.

Manning Says Chargers D will be "Tough Test"
It’s an undeniable fact – Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the NFL.

Just don’t tell that to the San Diego Chargers.

In nine games vs. the Bolts, including two defeats in the playoffs, Manning has a losing 4-5 record. In seven regular season games, he’s thrown for 12 touchdowns compared to 16 interceptions, and his minus-4 TD-to-INT ratio is the worst against any single team in his career.

Understandably, Manning doesn’t want to hear about his past struggles against San Diego. For him, it’s all ancient history as he starts a new chapter against the Bolts as a division rival.

“You’re talking different times,” he said during Thursday afternoon’s conference call. “I’m on a different team now and it’s obviously different circumstances. Those were Colts versus Chargers games. This is a division game now. I have an appreciation of what a division rivalry means. I’m not familiar with this division rivalry. These two teams have a lot of history playing twice a year. I know it’s an important game within the division. It’s going to be a tough test for us going against their defense.”

So far this season, Manning has been outstanding, throwing for 1,499 yards and 11 touchdowns to just three interceptions. While he missed the entire 2011 campaign with a neck injury, according to head coach Norv Turner, Manning hasn’t missed a beat.

“He looks awfully good to me,” said Turner. “People can start that debate all they want but he knows how to play the position. He knows how to move the football and who to throw it to. You don’t get style points in this league for spirals or how hard or far the ball goes. You get points by putting drives together and scoring points.”

Even though Manning is now a member of the Broncos after years with the Colts, the Chargers defense still sees many similarities between the two offenses.

“They remind me of the Indianapolis Colts but in this division,” said Aubrayo Franklin. “They’re doing a lot of similar things. I think that it’s a great challenge for us as a team.”

Turner agrees with Franklin, and said his staff has been busy breaking down tape of Manning’s years with the Colts in addition to this year’s Broncos offense.

“Our coaching staff, particularly John Pagano has been a big part of (facing Manning with the Colts),” he said. “I’m sure they are looking back at things we did against Indianapolis. Although I’m sure they have different things than they did in Indianapolis, a big part of it is very similar. It tends to come down to personnel match ups. I think they are extremely explosive with their wide-outs, they’re outstanding. We’re going to have to do a good job on the wide-outs.”

Pagano addressed the media on Thursday, and the task of stopping Manning was at the forefront of everyone’s mind.

“Peyton does a great job of reading team defenses, and you try to give him as many different looks as possible,” he said. “You try to disguise as much as possible. That’s with any quarterback in the National Football League, but this guy takes it to the extreme to where he really understands and studies this game. He studies every little look that you give him, so our players have to be real smart with him this week.”

Manning and Pagano have a long history together. The Chargers’ defensive coordinator was a defensive assistant with the Colts during Manning’s first four years in the league. Over that time, the two formed a strong bond that exists to this day.

“We have a great relationship,” said Pagano. “He’s a competitor. The way he approached the game, it taught me a lot. But he’s just a good guy to be around.”

Monday night marks the first time Manning faces a Pagano led defense, and the Broncos quarterback is impressed by what he’s watched on film.

“All I know is what I’ve seen on tape,” he said. “I’ve never actually played against this defense yet. Guys are flying around, they’re playing fast. He’s rotating a lot of guys. This tells you he’s got a lot of confidence in these guys that play which speaks a lot to their depth. They still have some veterans in there like [Quentin] Jammer, Franklin and [Takeo] Spikes to mix in with their young guys. He’s certainly got them playing hard and that really jumps out on film.”
Clearly, the Chargers and Manning have a rich history, and their saga will only intensify now that he is in the AFC West. Whether or not the Bolts can continue their success against him will go a long way toward determining who comes out victorious on Monday night.

View the comments here: http://www.chargers.com/news/article...d-5dcb7e840bcf

Bacchus EDIT: I know when Elway talked with Manning he told him that he had problems with the Chuggers when his was in Indianapolis because they did not run the ball enough and when you play a 3-4 defense you need to run the ball. Sounds like Elway knows what he is talking about. DENVER WINS!!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
Bacchus

Countdown Daily Prediction: Broncos-Chargers

Both Schlereth and his KFC South Fired Chiefs cohort both think the Broncos will win.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8491973

Bacchus EDIT: Schlereth looks damn good. I saw he has been doing insanity workouts. With that and some Steroids Bacchus would be back in shape!!

Last edited by Bacchus; 10-13-2012 at 02:07 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
Bacchus

Chargers RB Ryan Mathews vs. Broncos defense
In this key Monday-night matchup to help decide early supremacy in the AFC West, Chargers RB Ryan Mathews is in the crosshairs, as his performance means a lot to both teams.

For San Diego, it’s time for Mathews to be unleashed and get utilized like the bellcow Norv Turner said he would be. Injuries and a fumble plagued the start of Mathews’ season, but reports indicate he will start over Jackie Battle. Mathews led the team in total offense last week against New Orleans, and he has thrived against Denver.

In three career games against the Broncos, Mathews has rushed for at least 120 yards in each and has three total touchdowns. He is gaining 127.3 rushing yards per game in those three matchups with Denver.

On the other side of the ball, the Broncos’ run defense needs to return to the form we saw early in the season, when it shut down Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Oakland on the ground. Last week, the Broncos gave up an astounding 251 rushing yards in a loss to New England, making observers wonder if the linebacking corps misses the suspended D.J. Williams. If the Broncos can shut down the run game and put the pressure on Philip Rivers, the secondary can focus on turning Rivers over to give Peyton Manning a short field.

Though both teams have top quarterbacks, the Broncos don’t have a running back like Mathews — though they hope that Ronnie Hillman can one day develop into that kind of dual-threat back.

Mathews can beat you on the ground and as a receiver. He has a great burst when he gets to the open field, as displayed in his touchdown run against the Saints after he bounced outside the tackle and ran down the sideline. Rivers also likes to target Mathews as a receiver.

Denver DTs Kevin Vickerson and Justin Bannan, and MLB Joe Mays will be counted on to clog the middle and force Mathews to the outside, where Derek Wolfe, Elvis Dumervil, Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard need to contain him. The Broncos could use DE Robert Ayers on some snaps, as his strength is against the run and he could help set the edge. Young LBs Danny Trevathan and Nate Irving also could help in certain situations.

The Chargers’ offense has not reached its potential, and part of that is because Mathews is not being used to the fullest. On national television with first place in the division on the line heading into the bye, it is primed to be a week for Mathews to get his touches. The Chargers’ O-line will have to create holes, and Mathews needs to
hold on to the football. TE Antonio Gates can help attract attention from the linebackers and safeties to keep the middle of Denver’s defense from keying too heavily on Mathews.

All signs point to these two teams battling it out at the end of the season for first place in the AFC West, and there are plenty of questions about both teams after five games. If Mathews gets his opportunities and has another big day against Denver, the Chargers could be a force the rest of the way. If the Broncos can keep Mathews bottled up, that’s a great sign for the front seven and a defense that has struggled of late.

The spotlight will understandably be on Rivers and Manning, but Mathews could be the difference.

Bacchus EDIT: Matthews is the key to the game. If Denver holds him in control and better yet makes him fumble they could control the game.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
Bacchus

What to Watch For: Denver Broncos LB Joe Mays

If the San Diego Chargers want to beat the Denver Broncos, they can start by running their offense at Denver Broncos LB Joe Mays.

Story time. Ready?

Last weekend, during the day games, I was driving south on the 405 (and then the 5) through Los Angeles and on my way home. I made it home in plenty of time to catch the Chargers/Saints game, obviously, but it limited what I could watch/listen to. There is no Red Zone Channel for the radio, after all. So I was stuck listening to the Broncos/Patriots game (which was the game I was hoping would be on the radio), and I was stuck listening to the Broncos' announcers calling the game.

Here's what I realized after listening to these announcers for 2+ hours:
1.They love Peyton Manning. Love. They have incredible faith in him, Elway-ian faith in him, despite the fact that he hasn't yet done much for Denver
2.They are absolutely terrified of Joe Mays. Between the play-by-play guy and the color commentator, I lost count of how many times they said "Joe Mays is a solid run-stopping Linebacker, but not the guy you want in pass coverage." This was not a bad game for Mays, this is a flawed LB that has lost the faith of the fans and those associated with the team.

Despite having a very good pass rush, the Broncos have given up 31 points to their last two opponents not-named the Oakland Raiders. The teams they've beaten (Steelers, Raiders) are or were imbalanced on offense. The teams they've lost to (Patriots, Falcons, Texans) beat them with balance. The reason for that is players like Joe Mays, who should be a backup/specialist but instead of getting 90%+ of the snaps every game for the Broncos.

The Chargers can focus on Mays and beat him. They can get him in coverage against Ryan Mathews, Antonio Gates and Ronnie Brown. Then, when he's on his heels trying to cover them, they can run right at him like the Patriots did (to the tune of 251 rushing yards last week). It's not the big plays that beat this Denver defense, it's finding a weakness (like Mays) and exploiting it for 5+ yards per play.

Bacchus EDIT: One word.......................... T R A V E T H A N
Old 10-13-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
Bacchus

Broncos' back seven misses Williams, Carter

Kevin Fishbain

Friday's key matchup: Chargers RB Ryan Mathews vs. Broncos defense

By Kevin Fishbain
The Broncos’ new-look defense has improved from last season, but we hear one concern remains the abilities of the linebackers and safeties in coverage, magnifying the losses of LB D.J. Williams and S Quinton Carter. Wesley Woodyard is a strong tackler, and has played well in his time in place of Williams, who had three games added to his six-game suspension and won't be back until mid-November.
The Broncos like sixth-round rookie LB Danny Trevathan, we’re told, and second-year LB Nate Irving has improved, but neither is a strong cover ‘backer, and they combined for only nine defensive snaps last week.
At safety, Rahim Moore has played better this season, and Mike Adams was a solid free-agent addition, but we hear that Carter, who has good size at 6-1, 200 pounds and started 10 games as a rookie, would have pushed to start if healthy. Instead, Carter was placed on injured reserve on Sept. 29 and will have microfracture surgery on his left knee this offseason. The Broncos would benefit if veteran FS Jim Leonhard, who has played in all five games this season but still is not 100 percent after undergoing knee surgery last December, was at a point where he could see more playing time and help the secondary.

To help Leonhard do that, the Broncos signed free agent RS Trindon Holliday to take over the punt-return duties that Leonhard had been handling.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos fan in Fagly Chuggers forum
I can't pick the Broncos violently enough. You're preaching to the choir. And for the record, Denver follows this game with a bye week, then hosts New Orleans, goes to Cincy and Carolina, hosts San Diego, goes to Kansas City, hosts Tampa and plays Oakland on Thursday night. Could we really see Mr. Noodle taking a 9-3 record into that Oakland game? Absolutely! Pass me the grated cheese and the red pepper: We're riding Peyton's linguini arm these next few weeks. Starting with Monday night. Thank you, gambling gods, for making Peyton Manning an underdog to Norv Turner on a Monday night in my lifetime. You're too kind.

Last edited by Bacchus; 10-13-2012 at 05:11 AM..