The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #2176
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It won't be barkov....we'd have to move down for him and right now I don't think we're getting what we want in the move down.

We stay at 1 and we draft Nathan.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #2177
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Backstrom resigned in minny.

3 year 10.25 mil

Guess the don't want fleury after all.

Unless it was a sign and trade in which case I'm going to hate shero and the pens even more than I already do. Not more than I hate homer right now tho.

Hearing rumours that weber may be moved before the draft and that second 12 mill bonus cheque is due.

Not sure how since the deal was signed on the 25 of july and they can't trade him for 1 calendar year after matching an offer sheet. Unless they can delay payment till after a trade.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #2178
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Backstrom resigned in minny.

3 year 10.25 mil

Guess the don't want fleury after all.

Unless it was a sign and trade in which case I'm going to hate shero and the pens even more than I already do. Not more than I hate homer right now tho.

Hearing rumours that weber may be moved before the draft and that second 12 mill bonus cheque is due.

Not sure how since the deal was signed on the 25 of july and they can't trade him for 1 calendar year after matching an offer sheet. Unless they can delay payment till after a trade.
Those rumors about Weber are not true.

I don't see how Minny would take on Fleurys salary, they are already pretty tightly against the ceiling with the 3 mill on Backstrom, if they take on Fleury they will have to lose some salary elsewhere - incidentally I would be fine with Pittsburgh eating part of Fleurys cap hit to move him.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #2179
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The problem with 2 young goalies is that eventually you need to give them contracts and if you haven't worked out who is the good one, you will either lose both or give away the wrong one *cough*Montreal*cough*.

Reimer is an RFA next year and I believe Bernier is on his last RFA eligibility, the Leafs will have to make a choice unless it turns out one of them suck.
It's a good problem to have, I think. Reimer only went through half a season, and that's not enough to declare him a franchise goalie, not to mention the injuries...

Bernier is about to sign an extension with TML and Reimer will be RFA, not going to pose a problem unless a team wants to offersheet him, to which offersheets rarely happen in the NHL. Conversely, having two young talented goalies will be good for the Maple Leafs cap situation. Neither are expected to get a large contract, unless they turn into beast mode in the playoffs. Works out well for the Maple Leafs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #2180
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Those rumors about Weber are not true.

I don't see how Minny would take on Fleurys salary, they are already pretty tightly against the ceiling with the 3 mill on Backstrom, if they take on Fleury they will have to lose some salary elsewhere - incidentally I would be fine with Pittsburgh eating part of Fleurys cap hit to move him.
MAF is a mental midget.....she has folded in the playoffs the last few years. If they find a taker, it's going to be for cents on a dollar.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #2181
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
I would be fine with Pittsburgh eating part of Fleurys cap hit to move him.
as would I, until. . . .

the powers that be in the NHL front office, decide that the team with the most dead cap space should get to pick first, and McDavid ends up a penguin.

Or are they just going to throw 80 games ?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #2182
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
as would I, until. . . .

the powers that be in the NHL front office, decide that the team with the most dead cap space should get to pick first, and McDavid ends up a penguin.

Or are they just going to throw 80 games ?
McDavid to PIT (e5)

The way this could plausibly work is if Letang is traded to a crap team for a package including next years first...and then once the ink is dry on that the league could rig the draft....again....to have that team win the lottery next year even tho they had only a 2 percent chance of winning it.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-24-2013 at 04:17 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #2183
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
McDavid to PIT (e5)

The way this could plausibly work is if Letang is traded to a crap team for a package including next years first...and then once the ink is dry on that the league could rig the draft....again....to have that team win the lottery next year even tho they had only a 2 percent chance of winning it.
You're not getting a first for Letang.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #2184
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
betman has declared all penguins players eligible for a trade to be worth at least but not less than a first round draft pick.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #2185
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
There is no way in hell that the cumulative value of the return will be less than a first. In fact it will be more....ie roster player, prospect and first....or good roster player and good prospect.....which combined would also be worth more than a first even tho a first wouldn't be part of it.

If you are suggesting they are going to get some middle of the road prospect and say a 3rd you are dead wrong.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #2186
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

with Sakic announcing during that radio interview that if they picked #1 right now it'd be MacKinnon that pretty much ends any speculation. unless they trade down.
Florida wants mac badly but i don't think they'll part with a major piece to get the #1.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #2187
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
There is no way in hell that the cumulative value of the return will be less than a first. In fact it will be more....ie roster player, prospect and first....or good roster player and good prospect.....which combined would also be worth more than a first even tho a first wouldn't be part of it.

If you are suggesting they are going to get some middle of the road prospect and say a 3rd you are dead wrong.
Is it insanity to keep thinking you'll get a first when no one will offer that and then pay 7 mil for a glorified 4th forward that can't stay healthy?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #2188
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Is it insanity to keep thinking you'll get a first when no one will offer that and then pay 7 mil for a glorified 4th forward that can't stay healthy?
The salary goes without saying. That's not really an argument Finkle.

They got a first a prospect and a good roster player for Staal and Letang is more valuable than a great 3rd line center/ok 2nd line center. I know you don't agree but the market is pretty big on PMD and he is by far the best available on the market. ****ing Streit was paid over 5 cause they didn't want him to hit UFA even tho he is washed up. Sarge got 5m even tho he is also washed up.

There is going to be a very big offer coming...you are in denial.

A first alone will not be anywhere near enough to get a deal done unless its a super high first or unless there are other assets involved.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #2189
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

They got a first a prospect and a good roster player for Staal and Letang is more valuable than a great 3rd line center/ok 2nd line center. I know you don't agree but the market is pretty big on PMD and he is by far the best available on the market. ****ing Streit was paid over 5 cause they didn't want him to hit UFA even tho he is washed up. Sarge got 5m even tho he is also washed up.

A first alone will not be anywhere near enough to get a deal done unless its a super high first or unless there are other assets involved.
There are no teams that would rank Staal below Letang.....
Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #2190
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

the Spurs are officially thanking the Bruins after this game.
San Antonio you're now off the hook.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #2191
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

And that is all she wrote - a 2-1 lead with 1:20 left wasn't enough for Boston. It was in 6 instead of 5, but my prediction was pretty good.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #2192
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Congrats to Chicago. The moment Detroit blew it in Game 6 I knew the Hawks would win it all.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-24-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #2193
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

it's quite possible we could see a rematch next season. these are two of the best teams in hockey and even though Chicago has some roster moves to make they're set up to do well.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #2194
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
it's quite possible we could see a rematch next season. these are two of the best teams in hockey and even though Chicago has some roster moves to make they're set up to do well.
It is so difficult to repeat and with the realignment Chicago's travel schedule only gets worse.

The Kings are in a great position, Anaheim looks strong, St Louis and Minnesota could both threaten in that conference.

Boston is in solid position, their roster should be pretty in tact and their travel schedule doesn't change as much except for adding some more Florida trips to the schedule. They have Detroit to content with in the division, but Pittsburgh, Washington, Rangers are all in the other division.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #2195
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

You are not getting a first. A Dman with a high salary and skill set will fetch a mid round pick and a prospect. It's a salary dump by the Penguins and there's not much value in that. It's like the luongo situation, high salary and good goalie but nobody wants to take him on at that cap hit. Vancouver will literally have to give him away for nothing.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #2196
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

You are not getting a first. A Dman with a high salary and skill set will fetch a mid round pick and a prospect. It's a salary dump by the Penguins and there's not much value in that. It's like the luongo situation, high salary and good goalie but nobody wants to take him on at that cap hit. Vancouver will literally have to give him away for nothing.
You are totally off base 24. If they don't get an extension done there will be a massive trade.

I will put it this way....if Shero gets a mid first offer (like 15th overall) and that's it.......he will reject it....and I have that on good authority.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-24-2013 at 09:41 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #2197
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You are totally off base 24. If they don't get an extension done there will be a massive trade.

I will put it this way....if Shero gets a mid first offer (like 15th overall) and that's it.......he will reject it....and I have that on good authority.
If thats the case, then Shero is a moron.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #2198
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I hated it when the Avs let Quenneville go, and I still hate the move today.

Congrats to Chicago.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #2199
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
If thats the case, then Shero is a moron.
Nope. He just won GM of the year for a reason. Dude is a great manager despite being too loyal to his boyfriend. That's pretty much his only glaring (and possibly fatal) flaw.

There will either be a contract extension for Letang or a Kings ransom will be had. No in between. Just watch dude...just wait till the draft. I'm not worried about compensation in trades. He is historically great in trades (except for Morrow). Dude owns trades. I am a little worried about overpaying Letang (7) but I'm not worried about getting a return.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-24-2013 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #2200
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Nope. He just won GM of the year for a reason. Dude is a great manager despite being too loyal to his boyfriend. That's pretty much his only glaring (and possibly fatal) flaw.

There will either be a contract extension for Letang or a Kings ransom will be had. No in between. Just watch dude...just wait till the draft. I'm not worried about compensation in trades. He is historically great in trades (except for Morrow). Dude owns trades. I am a little worried about overpaying Letang (7) but I'm not worried about getting a return.
I think you are overstating the market for Letang and will be really disappointed if those are your expectations.