The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #1926
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
AND Volkoun in these playoffs > Quick in these playoffs.
So, in one less game, against a superior goalie

lol no.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #1927
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

lol no.
It's not as laughable as you might think. They had identical save percentages this post season.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #1928
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
So my men's league team won our league out here in Jersey and they're sending us to Chicago in two weeks to play in a tournament. Sounds like I'll be out there for game five.
They are going to let you guys play in between periods?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #1929
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Would you seriously not trade Crawford for Quick straight up if the situation presented itself?
I am very happy with Crawford and his name should be up there in contention, you guys forget Chicago's weakness is on D, they are not very deep after Keith and Bickle. Losing Buff right after they last won the cup hurt them.

It is not like the Hawk's O has been coming out and blowing teams out this year. Crawford has kept them in and won them a lot of games they should have lost.

I love how he puck handles and sets up the stretch plays, he is perfect for this team and when the team lets him down he manages to keep them in situations where they can stay alive and find a way to win.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #1930
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

lol no.
Rask just posted two shut outs and a .50 GAA against the top scoring team in the league, not don't think it's as laughable as you think it is.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #1931
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Rask just posted two shut outs and a .50 GAA against the top scoring team in the league, not don't think it's as laughable as you think it is.
He's talking about Vokoun, not Rask. You'll get no argument from me on Rask, I think he's been phenomenal this postseason.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #1932
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I am very happy with Crawford and his name should be up there in contention, you guys forget Chicago's weakness is on D, they are not very deep after Keith and Bickle. Losing Buff right after they last won the cup hurt them.

It is not like the Hawk's O has been coming out and blowing teams out this year. Crawford has kept them in and won them a lot of games they should have lost.

I love how he puck handles and sets up the stretch plays, he is perfect for this team and when the team lets him down he manages to keep them in situations where they can stay alive and find a way to win.
We all know he has done ok this post season. But a goalie's primary job is to stop the puck. As far as that is concerned, you're better off in the long run with Quick. Even in a series when he has given up some bad goals, he's also made plenty of great saves that Crawford would never make.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #1933
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Looks like the Geno extension is getting done pretty soon plus a NMC per Geno's request.

Letang is a trickier deal. PIT believes he wants 7-8M per year. He is the premier offensive dman in the league and is the key to our transition game but he also makes a lot of mental errors. From what I gather they prolly won't go higher than 6 or maybe 6.5 to match Karlsson. He could be moved on draft day like Staal if they can't agree. Don't know what they would want back....prolly a 1st and a decent two way man and a prospect. Fans on LGP are thinking trading him to the Avs for the No.1 overall pick..lol.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-10-2013 at 09:28 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1934
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I'm referring back to your very first post of the exchange, before the naming of names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Forward for forward Chicago has more talent. Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa are better than Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron. On defense, it is very close in the top 4, but Boston definitely has a better 3rd pairing than Chicago - Leddy and Rozival are not good enough. Rask and Crawford have both been outstanding in the playoffs. Both teams have great experienced coaches running the bench.

This series is really going to come down to if Boston can shut down Chicago's transition game, if Chicago is allowed to rush the neutral zone with speed or stretch passes to create open ice and set up the cycle Boston won't be able to keep up. If Boston can keep the pucks low, slow down the neutral zone and get sticks in passing lanes and make it a physical series then they can frustrate the Hawks the way the Wings did and with their talent level they can put it away.

I predict Hawks in 5, but I expect some very close games.
That is my first post on the subject - see right there in line 1 where I name names?

Quote:
Still, the B's did it in one less game.
AND Volkoun in these playoffs > Quick in these playoffs.
So, in one less game, against a superior goalie, the B's top guns outscored the Pens top guns.
How do you arrive at that conclusion? Quick has a better GAA, more shutouts and better save rate despite playing against much better opposition.

Quote:
Bergy is a far superior defensive forward. The main reason Toews gets nominated is the same reason guys like Subban get nominated for post season awards over Chara. The voters have lost sight of what the awards are supposed to really stand for.

Malkin yes, not Crosby. Bergy was in charge of shadowing Crosby 90% of the time this past series and he did so flawlessly. I think he had 1 quality shot-on the entire series and was held pointless. That's unheard of over 4 games.
Funny you should say that, in game 2 (the one I sampled from) Bergeron was on the ice for 21 shifts, Crosby for 22 shifts. Of the 22 shifts Crosby played, Bergeron was on the ice for all or nearly all of those shifts on only 6. Bergeron was on the ice for about half of 4 shifts and the remaining 12 shifts Bergeron was either not on the ice at all or only for a few seconds. I know what you are thinking, because it was in Pittsburgh and the Pens had last change and it was a run away game it is an outlier. So I did game 4 as well.

Crosby played 26 total shifts, Bergeron played 25. For 8 of Crosby's shifts Bergeron was on the ice nearly the entire shift or the entire shift. For 8 shifts Bergeron was on the ice for roughly half the shifts and for 10 shifts Bergeron was not on the ice at all or only for a few seconds.

Clearly he was not 90% responsible for shutting down Crosby, 50% is a generous estimate. In fact if you check the time on ice sheets, you will see that Chara and Seidenberg match much better with Crosby than Bergeron does and interestingly you will notice several shifts where Bergeron got on the ice first and Crosby comes on several seconds later so it doesn't even appear that Bylsma was trying to avoid that matchup.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #1935
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
That is my first post on the subject - see right there in line 1 where I name names?
Which was in response to a post about overall team depth. Not a random sampling of supposed "top 4 guys". Granted it was tombstone that started the depth discussion, not you, but that's what you responded to.

Quote:
How do you arrive at that conclusion? Quick has a better GAA, more shutouts and better save rate despite playing against much better opposition.
I was exaggerating slightly for effect, but if you read my very next post you'd see I was referencing save %. They were identical in the playoffs.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #1936
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Looks like the Geno extension is getting done pretty soon plus a NMC per Geno's request.

Letang is a trickier deal. PIT believes he wants 7-8M per year. He is the premier offensive dman in the league and is the key to our transition game but he also makes a lot of mental errors. From what I gather they prolly won't go higher than 6 or maybe 6.5 to match Karlsson. He could be moved on draft day like Staal if they can't agree. Don't know what they would want back....prolly a 1st and a decent two way man and a prospect. Fans on LGP are thinking trading him to the Avs for the No.1 overall pick..lol.
Karlsson >>>> Letang.....

he plays defense like a matador.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #1937
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Karlsson >>>> Letang.....

he plays defense like a matador.
Actually sometimes he is pretty decent in his own end....esp with stick work.

Still they cant pay 7-8. Montreal will.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 06-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #1938
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Actually sometimes he is pretty decent in his own end....esp with stick work.

Still they cant pay 7-8. Montreal will.
Poti was good with his stick work....
Old 06-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #1939
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Apparently Shero is pushing ownership pretty hard to extend Bylsma's contract.

I just don't get it sometimes. I wanted Tippett real bad.

In better news it appears the Malkin extension is very close...as I mentioned earlier at 10 a year.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #1940
OrangeSe7en

Quote:

In better news it appears the Malkin extension is very close...as I mentioned earlier at 10 a year.
Is that money well spent or does it create a redundancy (since they also have Crosby) at the expense of something else? You can get 2 or 3 really good players for that.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #1941
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Is that money well spent or does it creat a redundancy (since they also have Crosby) at the expense of something else?
I think it's money very well spent. It doesn't guarantee a title obviously but it does guarantee that we will be in contention pretty much every year and we will make of that whatever we earn. These guys have led us to one Cup, one other appearance in the Final and most recently an ECF appearance. All you can ask for is to be in the top group every year and see how it shakes out. You get them both in for another decade or so and I'd be surprised if they don't get to the Final a couple more times during that span and hopefully when they are there they can capitalize on the opportunity.

Does it make things a little tighter cap wise....yes. For example, if Letang insists on 7m or more it means we cannot accommodate him. But as between Malkin and Letang you have to go with Malkin everytime especially when you already have two great puck movers in the system (Despres and Pouliot) and can fetch a very nice ransom for Letang in a draft day trade ala Staal (PIT could get a Top 10 pick, a good prospect and also a decent NHLer as well....possibly more, as defenseman that can rack up points like him dont grow on trees). They can still surround the two big guys with good players just not a third 7m plus player. And Sids cap hit in particular at 8.7 (even tho his actual salary is much larger) is actually very easy to manage and will become even easier during the life of the contract as the cap goes up from 64.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-11-2013 at 11:54 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #1942
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

Your team is going to be too top heavy.....awesome.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #1943
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Your team is going to be too top heavy.....awesome.
They won't be too top heavy. It's just 2 guys. Our cap position looks good for the next few years. What I'm more concerned about is Shero and Bylsma going to concerts together last night which again suggest he won't be fired.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 06-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #1944
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Our cap position looks good for the next few years.
To be fair, that's due in no small part to not re-signing your best defender and one of your best overall players.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #1945
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
To be fair, that's due in no small part to not re-signing your best defender and one of your best overall players.
I love the logic - I just lost 75 pounds in a few days (I had to cut off both my legs and an arm).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #1946
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
We will see...if Letang can accept 6 we could fit him in.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #1947
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Bylsma and staff extended thru 15-16 season. Only goaltendercoach Meloche won't return.

Your ass is on the firing line now Ray if DB can't get it done. You deserve nothing less if your boyfriend fails again.

Ray says Flower returning as well. I'm hoping that comment is just to preserve bargaining position.

Instead of making excuses giving extensions and going to a Boys II Men/98 Degrees/New Kids on the Block concert with each other (WTF kind of married grown men go to NKOB concerts?)....how bout a little accountability fellas?

Both of those guys are morons. I thought at least Ray was smart....guess not.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-12-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #1948
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Bylsma and staff extended thru 15-16 season. Only goaltendercoach Meloche won't return.

Your ass is on the firing line now Ray if DB can't get it done. You deserve nothing less if your boyfriend fails again.

Ray says Flower returning as well. I'm hoping that comment is just to preserve bargaining position.

Instead of making excuses giving extensions and going to a Boys II Men/98 Degrees/New Kids on the Block concert with each other (WTF kind of married grown men go to NKOB concerts?)....how bout a little accountability fellas?

Both of those guys are morons. I thought at least Ray was smart....guess not.
Blysma staying opens the door for AV in NY.....meh.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #1949
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Kaylore and Dom were talking about going to one together in another thread. I try not to judge.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #1950
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Kaylore and Dom were talking about going to one together in another thread. I try not to judge.
They were going to go to a New Kids on the Block concert.....really?

BRING BACK BUTCH