The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #1751
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ok, that's it.

This game was lost in the first minute of play when Kunitz flubbed a prime chance. And they then flubbed like 19 other prime chances.

BOS leads 1-0.

Again, another 2 inexplicable missed chances. We've scored 6 ****ing goals in this game. Ridiculous.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #1752
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Cooke needs to be gone for the rest of the playoffs
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #1753
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Cooke needs to be gone for the rest of the playoffs
Pens don't get suspended, slew foots, boarding, and BJ's on the bench go unnoticed.

Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #1754
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

At least we got to see Malkin beat the **** out of Bergeron.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #1755
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Ok, that's it.

This game was lost in the first minute of play when Kunitz flubbed a prime chance. And they then flubbed like 19 other prime chances.

BOS leads 1-0.

Again, another 2 inexplicable missed chances. We've scored 6 ****ing goals in this game. Ridiculous.
Pens got raped on faceoffs, allowed the B's to not chase your team around. That was key IMO.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1756
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Pens got raped on faceoffs, allowed the B's to not chase your team around. That was key IMO.
They did lose the face off battle which was not surprising and Rask played well, but they truly could have scored a TON of goals tonight despite both of those things. It just didn't go in......I haven't seen this many near misses in a long time.

I'm happy with the effort except for the third period. Play the same way in Game 2 and hope to get the breaks.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #1757
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
At least we got to see Malkin beat the **** out of Bergeron.
Yup, managed to land a whole one punch on a guy with one career fight on his resume.

Scoreboard.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #1758
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
When will teams learn? You don't want to poke the bear. This is when we play our best.
I don't want to say "I told you so", but.....
Old 06-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #1759
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I don't want to say "I told you so", but.....
You played a good third period in response to that...but I was happy with our effort. Most nights it would result in a 5-3 win. It didn't tonight and you won. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #1760
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

that was a straight up ass kicking by the B's.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #1761
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Crosby cross-checking Rask? Really?
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #1762
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Crosby cross-checking Rask? Really?
is this somehow shocking? Crosby is a bit of a punk. only Pit fans excuse some of his doucheness.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #1763
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
is this somehow shocking? Crosby is a bit of a punk. only Pit fans excuse some of his doucheness.
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated because they had Boston on their heels for most of the two periods yet had absolutely nothing to show for it. It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the score isn't reflecting reality.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #1764
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated because they had Boston on their heels for most of the two periods yet had absolutely nothing to show for it. It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the game isn't reflecting reality.
but come on man, a goalie? i could understand if it was like Toews when he went bat **** crazy on the forwards of Det cause they were holding him like crazy. but lashing out at the goalie who straight up b**** slapped your team?
Old 06-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #1765
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Yup, managed to land a whole one punch on a guy with one career fight on his resume.

Scoreboard.

His twisted French Canadian nose told another story.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #1766
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated because they had Boston on their heels for most of the two periods yet had absolutely nothing to show for it. It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the score isn't reflecting reality.
Frustration at that point of the game? I don't know about that...I think it's a lack of discipline. Dan Bylsma needs to get his guys under control because the Bruins talking trash and doing extracurricular activity between plays is designed to get the Pens off their game, and it worked.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #1767
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it.
shocking, but I bet you would have been some upset if lucic came over and started laying the boots to cindy for touching the goalie right ?

Quote:
Frustration at that point of the game? I don't know about that...I think it's a lack of discipline. Dan Bylsma needs to get his guys under control because the Bruins talking trash and doing extracurricular activity between plays is designed to get the Pens off their game, and it worked.
Exactly, I thought I was watching last years flyers pens series, if fleury was in net it would have been 5 or 6 nothing. When Malkenstein gets up and goes to chase after a guy to make a hit, instead of trying to do something with the puck, you know hes coming unglued.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #1768
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the score isn't reflecting reality.
Why do you keep insisting that the Pens were the only ones that didn't capitalize on scoring chances? The B's hit two posts and had at least two unforced errors on a 2 on 0 breakaway and another 3 on 1, yet you keep ignoring those and focus only on Pittsburgh's blown chances. It very easily could've been 6 or 7 to 0.

A post is a post. It happened both ways. Aside from the holy roller there at the end of the period, Rask made his own luck. He was ridiculous last night. And the B's defense was at the top of their game. Outside of the first half of the opening period, the B's either held serve or dominated. The final score reflected reality as much as any other score usually does.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #1769
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
His twisted French Canadian nose told another story.
You're right. One punch clearly could never do any damage.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #1770
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated
Not to nitpick, but it's pretty clear Sid started it to try to get in Rask's head. Sid never even faced him until after the physical exchange that HE started with the elbow, so it's obvious there were no words that caused the frustration. Even the Pittsburgh announcers knew what he was trying to do.

And then he very clearly started with Chara who wasn't even facing him or talking to him, after he made sure there was ample referee support around him of course. And then there was the slash to Seguin that he thought he'd get away with, but didn't, then complained about for 2 minutes and somehow didn't get a misconduct.

He's a worse instigator than Marchand, if that's possible.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...bergeron-fight

This is not how you want to play Boston. It plays right into our hands. If they continue to get frustrated like this and let it get physical, they literally stand no chance in this series.

Last edited by Beantown Bronco; 06-02-2013 at 06:39 AM..
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #1771
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Lol...the Bruins got under Geno's skin.

Shocker. He always lets that happen.

Just turning into an all out brawl. Fun series.

At least I won't have RedskinBronco claiming the refs favor us anymore since Marchand didn't get the same 5 minutes Cooke got.
It's all a set up given Crosby complained postgame

You see, they need to create drama/attention for the series. Keep an eye on the PP discrepancy as the series goes on...same thing happened in the caps/rangers series.

btw, Pierre favors everything pens. Come on now, you know that
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #1772
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

It's not the infractions on the opponent that's the issue in most of these games; it's the non-calls against the "favored" teams.

In other words, it's not the penalties against Boston that's the issue, it's the amount of non-calls on the pens and this will widen as the series goes on and that will be your huge PP discrepancy. It's funny to hear Crosby b**** about officiating, considering no one is allowed to hit him per league mandate.

Kudos to Boston though, they are implementing the Flyers plan from last spring. Now we will see if Bettman comes in to save the day. Last spring, even he couldn't help the pens spotty defense and ****ty goaltending
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #1773
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Why do you keep insisting that the Pens were the only ones that didn't capitalize on scoring chances? The B's hit two posts and had at least two unforced errors on a 2 on 0 breakaway and another 3 on 1, yet you keep ignoring those and focus only on Pittsburgh's blown chances. It very easily could've been 6 or 7 to 0.

A post is a post. It happened both ways. Aside from the holy roller there at the end of the period, Rask made his own luck. He was ridiculous last night. And the B's defense was at the top of their game. Outside of the first half of the opening period, the B's either held serve or dominated. The final score reflected reality as much as any other score usually does.
"A quarter of an inch this way and it would have gone in. ... Yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely. "

Old 06-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #1774
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
"A quarter of an inch this way and it would have gone in. ... Yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely. "

rep!
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #1775
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Not to nitpick, but it's pretty clear Sid started it to try to get in Rask's head. Sid never even faced him until after the physical exchange that HE started with the elbow, so it's obvious there were no words that caused the frustration. Even the Pittsburgh announcers knew what he was trying to do.

And then he very clearly started with Chara who wasn't even facing him or talking to him, after he made sure there was ample referee support around him of course. And then there was the slash to Seguin that he thought he'd get away with, but didn't, then complained about for 2 minutes and somehow didn't get a misconduct.

He's a worse instigator than Marchand, if that's possible.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...bergeron-fight

This is not how you want to play Boston. It plays right into our hands. If they continue to get frustrated like this and let it get physical, they literally stand no chance in this series.
Yeah I was taking your post and your points very seriously until I got to the he's a worse instigator than Marchand part. If you really believe that then there is nothing to discuss.