The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #1051
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Neal deserves it. Maybe he quit being such a dirty player now. He was scum of the earth in that Flyers playoff series last year. He doesn't deserve a concussion but definitely deserved something.
Neal is a complete and dirty scumbag player. He's as dirty as they come and any Pens fan that denies that is full of crap.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #1052
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
Neal is a complete and dirty scumbag player. He's as dirty as they come and any Pens fan that denies that is full of crap.
Agreed 100%
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #1053
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Ovechkin's "demise" has been greatly exaggerated

Here come the Washington Ovechkins lol. See how much more dangerous that line is when he doesn't have grinders like Beagle and Crabb.

And the triple team on 8 doesn't work when Backstrom decides he wants to play like an elite center.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #1054
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Washington will be the 3 seed for sure. They are playing hotter than anyone right now.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #1055
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Washington will be the 3 seed for sure. They are playing hotter than anyone right now.
That, and the entire SE rolled over and died.

Canes went from being the 6th best team in the NHL (W/L'wise) to losing 11 of 10, and making a serious case for a top 5 pick in the draft. We've had our injuries like everyone else, but all of the sudden this team lost its fight. Maybe Cam Ward is more of a leader than I thought, or maybe Staal isn't one, whatever it is that's ailing this team is really killing my Hockey buzz. I'm even starting to worry that its Kurk Muller.

Winnipeg has a soft schedule for the remainder of the season, but they are solely dependent on Pavelec. If he's cold so go the Jets, if hes hot so go the Jets; this might help them fight for the 8 seed, but its not going to propel them against a surging Caps team.

The Lighting are their own worst enemy every time they take the ice. They are 6 points back, but still a dangerous group. It will be interesting to see if they can string something together, I think they missed their opportunity though.

The Caps are looking like the team everyone was expecting to own the SE this season, it just took them 30 games to get it together. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are where they are right now.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 04-07-2013 at 08:57 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #1056
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They should now, but WPG has an easy schedule. It's actually a little easier than the caps who still have 2 @MTL, vs. OTT, vs, BOS on the schedule. Still no excuse given that they have 6 of last 9 at home and 1 game in hand on Winnipeg.

The team that I think is most dangerous right now? The rangers. I am honestly still shaking my head that Columbus sent that package for the soft Gaborik. They just helped out the Rangers immensely.

Looks like I may have been right on NJ and Philly missing this year. It will be tough for either of those 2 to catch NYI or NYR and I think Ottawa had a big enough cushion where they will hold on.

I think these are the 8, the only potential change I could see is 3 seed if the caps get nonchalant again...
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #1057
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
That, and the entire SE rolled over and died.

Canes went from being the 6th best team in the NHL (W/L'wise) to losing 11 of 10, and making a serious case for a top 5 pick in the draft. We've had our injuries like everyone else, but all of the sudden this team lost its fight. Maybe Cam Ward is more of a leader than I thought, or maybe Staal isn't one, whatever it is that's ailing this team is really killing my Hockey buzz. I'm even starting to worry that its Kurk Muller.

Winnipeg has a soft schedule for the remainder of the season, but they are solely dependent on Pavelec. If he's cold so go the Jets, if hes hot so go the Jets; this might help them fight for the 8 seed, but its not going to propel them against a surging Caps team.

The Lighting are their own worst enemy every time they take the ice. They are 6 points back, but still a dangerous group. It will be interesting to see if they can string something together, I think they missed their opportunity though.

The Caps are looking like the team everyone was expecting to own the SE this season, it just took them 30 games to get it together. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are where they are right now.
I am honestly baffled with the canes. I thought they were constructed much better than the caps but the caps seem to have done well to build their D on the fly and the D unit is playing solid hockey.

I guess I underestimated Ward a little as well. I never thought the Carolina D was going to be THAT bad. I mean Corvo had some embarrassing play recently that I saw where the guy skated around him and scored. Forgot which game exactly. He sucks but still Gleason and Pitkanen are good players

but yeah, I thought the canes D could do just enough for them to win the SE. I guess that's why they still play the season.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #1058
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
They should now, but WPG has an easy schedule. It's actually a little easier than the caps who still have 2 @MTL, vs. OTT, vs, BOS on the schedule. Still no excuse given that they have 6 of last 9 at home and 1 game in hand on Winnipeg.

The team that I think is most dangerous right now? The rangers. I am honestly still shaking my head that Columbus sent that package for the soft Gaborik. They just helped out the Rangers immensely.

Looks like I may have been right on NJ and Philly missing this year. It will be tough for either of those 2 to catch NYI or NYR and I think Ottawa had a big enough cushion where they will hold on.

I think these are the 8, the only potential change I could see is 3 seed if the caps get nonchalant again...
wait, wait, wait.....didn't you previously call them overrated? This team is going to be tougher once they get their second best player (Staal) back in the line up.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #1059
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
wait, wait, wait.....didn't you previously call them overrated? This team is going to be tougher once they get their second best player (Staal) back in the line up.
Yep they were overrated but I liked their additions during the deadline.

Clowe is a great addition in the sense that they really missed Prust and so he can help fill that void. I also liked their move to trade Gaborik for Dorsett, Moore and Brassard. Tortorella hates Gaborik so it's not like Gaborik was really part of that team.

I just think those were pretty good moves by them and kind of changes their team. They will be tough IMO.

We will see though, nothing is guaranteed.

I do think the one SE team that the 6 seed (probably Toronto) doesn't want to see make it is the Caps. Any 6 seed is going to be rooting hard/hoping for Winnipeg who doesn't have the type of firepower the caps have.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #1060
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
I am honestly baffled with the canes. I thought they were constructed much better than the caps but the caps seem to have done well to build their D on the fly and the D unit is playing solid hockey.

I guess I underestimated Ward a little as well. I never thought the Carolina D was going to be THAT bad. I mean Corvo had some embarrassing play recently that I saw where the guy skated around him and scored. Forgot which game exactly. He sucks but still Gleason and Pitkanen are good players

but yeah, I thought the canes D could do just enough for them to win the SE. I guess that's why they still play the season.
Our only hopes defensively are Cam Ward and Judtin Faulk. We've played 7 some odd games without both, and averaged 4 goals against in that stretch. I know everybody is losing players this season, but Carolina is unique in that its a budget franchise that avoids the cap for small market surviveability. Sadly JR has invest heavely in 5 players (probably to keep them in town), and neglected to address some obvious depth issues in the roster. Well, that and they hate developing young ayers for some reason. They get a guy like Bhret Bellmore to come in and play lights out for six games, and then they reassign him instead of putting a scrub like Corvo or McBain on waivers. It's also one of those seasons where weird **** happens frequently. We aren't getting the breaks, we have back to back games with an own goal, and days after our starting Goaltender goes down our backup slices the inside of his leg open with his own skate.

I'm frustrated...

Good luck to your caps the rest if the way.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #1061
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Yep they were overrated but I liked their additions during the deadline.

Clowe is a great addition in the sense that they really missed Prust and so he can help fill that void. I also liked their move to trade Gaborik for Dorsett, Moore and Brassard. Tortorella hates Gaborik so it's not like Gaborik was really part of that team.

I just think those were pretty good moves by them and kind of changes their team. They will be tough IMO.

We will see though, nothing is guaranteed.

I do think the one SE team that the 6 seed (probably Toronto) doesn't want to see make it is the Caps. Any 6 seed is going to be rooting hard/hoping for Winnipeg who doesn't have the type of firepower the caps have.
Clowe and Prust are 2 totally different players. Dorsett compares more to Prust than Clowe. Clowe can score.

Tortorella did not hate Gaborik, it's Gaborik's play that caused the tension. Gaborik had become lazy in his back check and stopped moving his feet.

I agree it changed the culture but having Richards actually play well and the addition of MZA are the biggest factors.

I'd rather face the Caps then the Jets. The Jets have more depth and are bigger.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #1062
socalorado
Ring of Famer

ANA 4
LA 3

Whew!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #1063
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Clowe and Prust are 2 totally different players. Dorsett compares more to Prust than Clowe. Clowe can score.

Tortorella did not hate Gaborik, it's Gaborik's play that caused the tension. Gaborik had become lazy in his back check and stopped moving his feet.

I agree it changed the culture but having Richards actually play well and the addition of MZA are the biggest factors.

I'd rather face the Caps then the Jets. The Jets have more depth and are bigger.
Sorry; I thought it was a given that dorsett is similar to prust. You get my point about the rangers.

Gaborik; that's right. Still main point is torts didnt like him for the reasons you mentioned.

I get what you are saying about wpg, but I think most teams would still like to avoid the caps offensive skill; especially if the PP operates at #1 level.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #1064
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Hell yea! We scored two freaking goals for the first time in weeks. Draft lottery here we come! Thank you Justin Peters for blowing the entire Bruins orginization, and the arena staff.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #1065
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Hell yea! We scored two freaking goals for the first time in weeks. Draft lottery here we come! Thank you Justin Peters for blowing the entire Bruins orginization, and the arena staff.
I really thought you guys would be much better this year.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #1066
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I really thought you guys would be much better this year.
I thought so too.

If they get Seth Jones though, this 48 game nightmare will be worth it. Better than having to deal with this over 82 games.

I'm high on Muller so I'm surprised he hasn't turned it around. I would have expected him to play a conservative game though with the injuries and Ward being out but it seems that hasn't been the case and so they are giving up a lot of goals.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #1067
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Huge win by virtue of a loss today for the Avs - 1-3 against Calgary, who is one of our main competitors for the Seth Jones lottery.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #1068
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
I picked Ducks over you guys in the SC. Losing Ward and half your d really effed that up. Motherf&:$*#
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #1069
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

OBTW - Seth Jones will be the next Rob Blake.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #1070
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

“Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games, than playing every minute of the games. Quite frankly, I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now.”

- JS Giguere after losing to Calgary 3-1 tonight.

Good on JS calling guys out. This is sad and pathetic
Old 04-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #1071
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
“Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games, than playing every minute of the games. Quite frankly, I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now.”

- JS Giguere after losing to Calgary 3-1 tonight.

Good on JS calling guys out. This is sad and pathetic
if Joe Sacco was my coach and the organization was so ****ing cheap they wouldn't sign anyone worth a **** i'd be planning my vegas trip too.
besides, we need Seth Jones and sucking gets us there.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1072
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Giguere is awesome.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...ractice/12915/
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #1073
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #1074
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

damn shame when the back up goalie has to call out your team and talk about your ****ty D.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1075
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
ouch, very telling about the state of the Avs. You have to start at the top with Kroenke, since he's bought the team the Avs have done nothing. Next you have to look at Pierre Lacroix and ask yourself what has happened to this guy? He was a fantastic GM but now he's a lousy President. Then look at Sacco and ask why does he still have a job? Usually the HC is to first to go after the team has been called out by the players for not giving a crap.

I think Kroenke is so wrapped up in the Nugz he could care less about the Avs. As long as the team is making $ I bet Kroenke could give a crap.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote