The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #976
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
WOW, socals mad now, I cant wait until he finds out that he also has a concussion.
You would really think that Penguins fans had gotten to used to seeing their star player getting injured, I mean they had 15 years of Mario doing it.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #977
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Today's game vs Capitals is the first time I saw any heart from this Flyers team. While they are ruining the "Suck For Seth" campaign, it's nice to see them start to stand up for each other and put together a few wins. Even though they were without 3 of their top 5 defenseman, they played for each other.

On a side note, Voracek has really come full circle. He answered the bell when someone took out Giroux. While it led to a 5-3 and 2 goals for the Capitals, Giroux, Kimmo and the team took upon themselves to fight and claw their way back with 9 seconds left to tie the game and Rusty buries the puck from Kimmo in OT.

I could only imagine where they'd be if they played with this kind of fight all year...

Last edited by BroncosSR; 03-31-2013 at 08:57 PM..
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #978
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
Today's game vs Capitals is the first time I saw any heart from this Flyers team. While they are ruining the "Suck For Seth" campaign, it's nice to see them start to stand up for each other and put together a few wins. Even though they were without 3 of their top 5 defenseman, they played for each other.

On a side note, Voracek has really come full circle. He answered the bell when someone took out Giroux. While it led to a 5-3 and 2 goals for the Capitals, Giroux, Kimmo and the team took upon themselves to fight and claw their way back with 9 seconds left to tie the game and Rusty buries the puck from Kimmo in OT.

I could only imagine where they'd be if they played with this kind of fight all year...
You can thank the Caps part in this. Voracek was a dumbass and gave the caps top PP the opportunity but then Brouwer decides it would be cool to take a penalty with 7 min to go with the flyers in trouble; why jump start them with a bad penalty?

And of course, anytime you trot out Jeff Schultz (biggest 6'6" no talent, p***Y) and Marcus Johansson (can't win any one on one battle) in the final 2 min of a game; you deserve to lose.

The caps do not know how to handle pressure. They got a bunch of guys who shrink in pressure situations. If anything, tonight was a microcosm of their playoff debacles.

Edit: Brian Gionta and Martin St Louis knock Schultz out for ****s sake.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 03-31-2013 at 09:15 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #979
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post

Incredible game. Loved Vorabeast standing up for G like that. That kid he beat up is my friends old teammate. But wow what a game. Probably going to screw up suck for Seth and get steamrolled in the first round if we make it(highly doubt it).
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #980
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

So a couple things... I love hockey, I grew up playing it, I played for the All-Navy team... but it's hard to follow with the Avs sucking like they are.

I really like this Seth Jones kid. A Denver native, who just might find himself on the Avalanche roster. I really do hope the Avalanche lose out and win the Seth Jones lottery.

Also, I hope this is an April Fools day joke:

George Gwozdecky to Leave DU Hockey Bench

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=207019306
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #981
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
So a couple things... I love hockey, I grew up playing it, I played for the All-Navy team... but it's hard to follow with the Avs sucking like they are.

I really like this Seth Jones kid. A Denver native, who just might find himself on the Avalanche roster. I really do hope the Avalanche lose out and win the Seth Jones lottery.

Also, I hope this is an April Fools day joke:

George Gwozdecky to Leave DU Hockey Bench

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=207019306
I haven't watched the Avs in over 2 weeks...I feel like I'm watching a re-run of a TV show except its the Avs playing the same boring dump and chase BS they have for the last 4 years. Done until Sacco is gone!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #982
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i want Seth Jones badly. but if we don't get him, Jonathan Drouin is nothing to sniff at, he might end up as the top offensive player to come out of the draft.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #983
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

So, what are the chances Sacco gets fired, Gwoz comes up to the NHL... AND we get Seth Jones.

That would be ideal, IMO.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #984
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
It is a freak injury for sure. Not to blame crosby at all.

Just saying that for whatever reason, injury follows the guy. Hence, the injury prone label.

It is what it is. There have been MANY athletes over the years with the same issue.

I understand your frustration, but individual goals shouldn't matter. Isn't that what the media always told us when Ovechkin was outscoring Crosby. Remember back then it was, "oh well crosby is all about his team"

Much ado about nothing. Just have him ready for the playoffs really.
Little sid is gonna get lit up the moment he steps back on the ice. Especially if its in the palyoffs.
Who got suspended for hitting him with the puck in the mouth? I know it was one of his own guys, but i am sure the league suspended him for it. I mean its sidney crosby for crying out loud.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #985
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
WOW, socals mad now, I cant wait until he finds out that he also has a concussion.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #986
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Injury prone? What does that have to do with Orpik shooting a puck into his face? That's a freak injury.

I'm fuming right now.....he has a broken jaw which is like 4 weeks which means he will get robbed of the Art Ross again even though he deserved it and earned it. This is ****ing bull****. Im unwilling to accept it. Even if we win the Cup i wont be completely happy. This mars everything for me.

This is ****ing bull****. Stamkos doesnt deserve ****. This is ****ing garbage. **** this ****...**** it. He needs to be in the lineup on Tuesday....or Thursday at worst. Im going to explode if that ****ing thief steals from us again. I still remember when he got a bull**** EN against FLA the last game of the season to tie for the RR. Fucjing piece of ****.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #987
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

jagr to the bruins.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #988
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sid goes out and they lose to BUF lol.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #989
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
So, what are the chances Sacco gets fired, Gwoz comes up to the NHL... AND we get Seth Jones.

That would be ideal, IMO.
With Sherman as GM...anything but the obvious is most likely to happen.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #990
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Quote:
Vokoun didn't even show up. Glad to see he's back to his old form again. Power play looked very sloppy with no Crosby.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #991
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Jokinen is a Pen for a conditional pick.

I hope Jim gets a deal done for a gritty blue liner. Serves him right after letting Bryan Allen walk, and signing Corvo again. It just sucks I have to root for a product of a man that I respects own ruin.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #992
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #993
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
not sure how even the biggest cindy nut swinger cant see that this kid isnt the best player in the game today
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #994
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Up yours McPhee. You gave up Forsberg for Erat? You desperate piece of ****. You should have been fired years ago, and now you move one of your two A prospects for a 31-year old winger.

Varlamov and Eakin for Ribeiro, Erat, and Latta

Uggghhhhhhh
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #995
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
not sure how even the biggest cindy nut swinger cant see that this kid isnt the best player in the game today
He's the best pure goal scorer, for sure. I don't know about the best all-around player just yet....but he's gonna be up there. Stamkos is only 23 and only going to get better. Shame he doesn't get as much publicity as some of the other stars in the league.

Btw, every time the Pens lose, or Stamkos scores a goal. I am posting that picture for Socal, just to drive him up a wall.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #996
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
He's the best pure goal scorer, for sure. I don't know about the best all-around player just yet....but he's gonna be up there. Stamkos is only 23 and only going to get better.
We can disagree, I think hes already there, the kid gives 100% at both ends of the ice

Quote:
Shame he doesn't get as much publicity as some of the other stars in the league.
Thats something that never gets said

Quote:
Btw, every time the Pens lose, or Stamkos scores a goal. I am posting that picture for Socal, just to drive him up a wall.
It should be posted every pens game that cindy doesnt play, win or lose for that effect.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #997
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings made some low-key moves.

Acquired Robyn Regehr from Buffalo for 2 2nd round picks in 2014 and 2015.

Traded away Drewiske to Montreal for a 5th round pick in 2013.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #998
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
We can disagree, I think hes already there, the kid gives 100% at both ends of the ice
I'll admit, I don't watch a lot of, or any Lightning games. Just the highlight reels on ESPN.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #999
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I know you don't really believe this. He is a great goal scorer but Sid is on another planet in terms of playmaking and vision. Even with StLouis Sid left him in the dust this year points wise.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #1000
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

So the only way I can justify the Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat trade for the caps is that Mcphee was told "make playoffs or you are fired"

Unreal. One of the most risk averse GMs decides to splurge and overpay for ERAT?!!

If you are going to trade your #2 prospect, ****ing trade him for something more than Erat.

Iginla went for ****ing less!
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote