The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #2601
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Metropolitan Division? WTF?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #2602
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
wow, that's just weak sauce.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #2603
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
remind me why we had a lockout again ?

im sorry but clarkson and brown are good players, but i see them in the 3.5 to 4 range, for them to be over 5 is just insane, hartnell is just as bad, hes a decent guy at 4 but 4.75 is a bit high for me, and dont even get me started on 1 great year and some average numbers giroux getting 8+
The good thing is that it's not all teams being this irresponsible. It's only a handful. The bad thing is that these teams probably have some sway when it comes to lockouts. Toronto is the worst culprit of them all.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #2604
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Explain to me how a division with only 2 teams situated in cities on the Atlantic coast is called the Atlantic division, while a division with 5 teams with arenas less than 30 miles from the Atlantic coast is called the metropolitan division?

They should just name the divisions after the people trophies are named after so they can rename the trophies after players more relevant.

Pacific becomes the Hart division. Central becomes the Art Ross division. Metropolitian becomes the Vezina division. Atlantic becomes the Norris division.

The Hart trophy is renamed to the Gretzky trophy. The Art Ross trophy is renamed to the Lemieux trophy. Vezina trophy gets renamed to the Sawchuck trophy and Norris trophy gets renamed to the Orr trophy.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #2605
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Explain to me how a division with only 2 teams situated in cities on the Atlantic coast is called the Atlantic division, while a division with 5 teams with arenas less than 30 miles from the Atlantic coast is called the metropolitan division?
You might not know this but the "New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area" is a common nickname for that part of the country.....half of the teams in that division are in it or right next to it. It makes sense actually.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #2606
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
You might not know this but the "New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area" is a common nickname for that part of the country.....half of the teams in that division are in it or right next to it. It makes sense actually.
I get the metropolitan name, it is the atlantic name I don't get. Detroit, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa are all more than 300 miles from the Atlantic coast and Tampa is nearly 100 miles from the coast.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #2607
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

They should just name the divisions after the people trophies are named after so they can rename the trophies after players more relevant.

Pacific becomes the Hart division. Central becomes the Art Ross division. Metropolitian becomes the Vezina division. Atlantic becomes the Norris division.

The Hart trophy is renamed to the Gretzky trophy. The Art Ross trophy is renamed to the Lemieux trophy. Vezina trophy gets renamed to the Sawchuck trophy and Norris trophy gets renamed to the Orr trophy.
Because its Bettman. It would make too much sense to do what you suggested.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #2608
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Because its Bettman. It would make too much sense to do what you suggested.
I heard the original names they wanted to use were

Crosby division
the non crosbys
the other none crosbys
and the really not crosbys
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote