The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #2501
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
and he's gonna have shoulder surgery which will keep him out til september.
but still... he's a good player when healthy. not 5.3 mil good but if you're the Jackets you don't have a choice.

but 7 years... mercy you have to be hella stupid.
September? No way. He admitted that the best case scenario is mid-November.

Horton, who still needs offseason shoulder surgery which may sideline him until at least December, provides the Blue Jackets with punch it lacked a year ago when it just missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

‘‘The recovery is 4 to 6 months; I'm hoping it’s 4,’’ Horton said of the rehab from surgery which he hopes to have within the next week or two. ‘‘I just want to be 100 percent and come back and never have a problem with it again.’’

‘‘Obviously, we'd like to have him right away, but it’s a long-term commitment,’’ Kekalainen said. ‘‘There’s going to be lots of hockey left after he gets his shoulder fixed. We have realistic expectations based on our doctors’ reports that he'll be back in December when there'll still be over 50 games to play.’’


http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...EQN/story.html
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #2502
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
September? No way. He admitted that the best case scenario is mid-November.

Horton, who still needs offseason shoulder surgery which may sideline him until at least December, provides the Blue Jackets with punch it lacked a year ago when it just missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

‘‘The recovery is 4 to 6 months; I'm hoping it’s 4,’’ Horton said of the rehab from surgery which he hopes to have within the next week or two. ‘‘I just want to be 100 percent and come back and never have a problem with it again.’’

‘‘Obviously, we'd like to have him right away, but it’s a long-term commitment,’’ Kekalainen said. ‘‘There’s going to be lots of hockey left after he gets his shoulder fixed. We have realistic expectations based on our doctors’ reports that he'll be back in December when there'll still be over 50 games to play.’’


http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...EQN/story.html
hot damn, December? really? wow.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #2503
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Who was it that said Chicago would have to dismantle this year and would be old news after having cap issues?

This year they lost Olesz (non roster spot), Emery (back up), Bolland and Stalberg.

They are far better off than in 2010 when they lost Byfuglien, Laad, Versteeg, Fraser, Sopel, Burish, Brouwer, Eager, Niemi and Brian Campbell.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #2504
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Who was it that said Chicago would have to dismantle this year and would be old news after having cap issues?

This year they lost Olesz (non roster spot), Emery (back up), Bolland and Stalberg.

They are far better off than in 2010 when they lost Byfuglien, Laad, Versteeg, Fraser, Sopel, Burish, Brouwer, Eager, Niemi and Brian Campbell.
They have 2 centers on the roster, and one of them is Handsuz who hasn't put up more than 30 points in a season since he played for the Kings. I can't believe they got rid of Bolland to keep Bickell, Bolland is a very good 3rd line center who is pretty much a lock to score high 30s points every year while Bickell had one good playoff run - much like Ville Leino.

Khabibulin is nowhere near the goalie that Emery is, and we have all seen what happens to Crawford when he plays a lot of games....

Don't kid yourself, Chicago is a much worse team today than they were a month ago.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #2505
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
They have 2 centers on the roster, and one of them is Handsuz who hasn't put up more than 30 points in a season since he played for the Kings. I can't believe they got rid of Bolland to keep Bickell, Bolland is a very good 3rd line center who is pretty much a lock to score high 30s points every year while Bickell had one good playoff run - much like Ville Leino.

Khabibulin is nowhere near the goalie that Emery is, and we have all seen what happens to Crawford when he plays a lot of games....

Don't kid yourself, Chicago is a much worse team today than they were a month ago.
That's quite the stretch, I wouldn't say MUCH worse over losing a back up goalie and two 3rd/4th liners.

And I'm glad they kept Bickell over Bolland. Not happy to see Bolland go, but really Bickell averages more points per game the past two seasons and definitely out played him in the playoffs. Not sure how you can call that "one good playoff run" in comparison.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #2506
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
They have 2 centers on the roster, and one of them is Handsuz who hasn't put up more than 30 points in a season since he played for the Kings. I can't believe they got rid of Bolland to keep Bickell, Bolland is a very good 3rd line center who is pretty much a lock to score high 30s points every year while Bickell had one good playoff run - much like Ville Leino.

Khabibulin is nowhere near the goalie that Emery is, and we have all seen what happens to Crawford when he plays a lot of games....

Don't kid yourself, Chicago is a much worse team today than they were a month ago.
I have a feeling is as much about how Bickell scores. Bickell is kind of similar to that Byflugen provided to the Blackhawks. He's that strong presence in front of the net that's hard to move. This comes in handy in the playoffs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #2507
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
They have 2 centers on the roster, and one of them is Handsuz who hasn't put up more than 30 points in a season since he played for the Kings. I can't believe they got rid of Bolland to keep Bickell, Bolland is a very good 3rd line center who is pretty much a lock to score high 30s points every year while Bickell had one good playoff run - much like Ville Leino.

Khabibulin is nowhere near the goalie that Emery is, and we have all seen what happens to Crawford when he plays a lot of games....

Don't kid yourself, Chicago is a much worse team today than they were a month ago.
Chicago will be fine. i've said it before. they were badly set up last go round. not so this time. they've kept their major core and bench pieces together.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #2508
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Mac Truck locked up by the Rangers for 6 years....no $ yet. Next up Stepan.

updated with a 4.7 yearly hit....awesome deal. McD >>> Letang.

Last edited by Ray Finkle; 07-08-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #2509
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
That's quite the stretch, I wouldn't say MUCH worse over losing a back up goalie and two 3rd/4th liners.

And I'm glad they kept Bickell over Bolland. Not happy to see Bolland go, but really Bickell averages more points per game the past two seasons and definitely out played him in the playoffs. Not sure how you can call that "one good playoff run" in comparison.
Bolland averages more points of the 2 over the last 2 seasons: 51 points in 111 games, to 47 points in 119 games.

You don't pay a guy who is a 30-35 point scorer 4 million per year, no team would do that. They paid him because of the playoff run, the same way they paid Bolland after his good playoff performances - that turned out to be more of an anomaly than a trend and that is why he is in big T now.

Bolland also outscored Bickell in last years playoffs, and in fact in every playoffs they have both been a part of except for this year.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #2510
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Bolland averages more points of the 2 over the last 2 seasons: 51 points in 111 games, to 47 points in 119 games.

You don't pay a guy who is a 30-35 point scorer 4 million per year, no team would do that. They paid him because of the playoff run, the same way they paid Bolland after his good playoff performances - that turned out to be more of an anomaly than a trend and that is why he is in big T now.

Bolland also outscored Bickell in last years playoffs, and in fact in every playoffs they have both been a part of except for this year.
That was my bad, when I calculated it I had his time in Austria.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #2511
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Very pleased with the Devils offseason thus far. Clowe at the money he got >>> Clarkson at his contract

Ryder fills a tremendous need for skill/goalscoring in the top six; probably would've hit 30 over a full season this year

Re-upped Elias, who's still a very, very good player

Acquired a #1 goalie to split time with Marty/take over for him next season

Got rid of Tallinder to make room for a young defenseman (would've preferred Volchenkov gone to Tallinder, but Volchenkov's contract is a joke).

Olesz could be a decent addition to the fourth line. Played pretty well under DeBoer in Florida and hopefully can mesh with two ex-DeBoer Panthers in Carter and Bernier

If I had to draw it up today I'd say:

Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus
Carter-Josefson-Bernier
Olesz

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Volchenkov
Urbom/Gelinas/Merrill-Fayne
Harrold

Marty
Schneider
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #2512
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Mac Truck locked up by the Rangers for 6 years....no $ yet. Next up Stepan.

updated with a 4.7 yearly hit....awesome deal. McD >>> Letang.
I can't hate on McDonagh whatsoever. Guy is a stud. Glad he's American.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #2513
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
I can't hate on McDonagh whatsoever. Guy is a stud. Glad he's American.
We finally can agree on something.

Clowe's going to be good for a year or two but fall off badly. I liked him (good down low or on the boards) but he's really slow and coming off all those concussions.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #2514
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Yeah, the only thing I don't like about that contract is the length. That's apparently what got him here though. I know he said he had several one or two year offers.

Hopefully they can squeeze two or three good years out of him and Matteau can take over that role. I want Matteau to watch everything Zubrus and Clowe do like a hawk as long as they're here.

The Ryder signing bumped this offseason from "good" to "great" for me though.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #2515
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Yeah, the only thing I don't like about that contract is the length. That's apparently what got him here though. I know he said he had several one or two year offers.

Hopefully they can squeeze two or three good years out of him and Matteau can take over that role. I want Matteau to watch everything Zubrus and Clowe do like a hawk as long as they're here.

The Ryder signing bumped this offseason from "good" to "great" for me though.
I like the Ryder signing as well. Plus, if they season goes in the tank, he's a valuable trade asset at the deadline.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #2516
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Very pleased with the Devils offseason thus far. Clowe at the money he got >>> Clarkson at his contract

Ryder fills a tremendous need for skill/goalscoring in the top six; probably would've hit 30 over a full season this year

Re-upped Elias, who's still a very, very good player

Acquired a #1 goalie to split time with Marty/take over for him next season

Got rid of Tallinder to make room for a young defenseman (would've preferred Volchenkov gone to Tallinder, but Volchenkov's contract is a joke).

Olesz could be a decent addition to the fourth line. Played pretty well under DeBoer in Florida and hopefully can mesh with two ex-DeBoer Panthers in Carter and Bernier

If I had to draw it up today I'd say:

Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus
Carter-Josefson-Bernier
Olesz

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Volchenkov
Urbom/Gelinas/Merrill-Fayne
Harrold

Marty
Schneider
Ryder is I a guy I can't work out for the life of me. It seems every time he goes to a new place he puts up about 30 goals and 50-60 points or the equivalent of that and then he slowly dips to about 15 goals and 30 points. I really like the guy as a goal scorer with somewhat limited 2-way play.

I think he is a good fit with Elias and Zajac.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #2517
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Ryder is I a guy I can't work out for the life of me. It seems every time he goes to a new place he puts up about 30 goals and 50-60 points or the equivalent of that and then he slowly dips to about 15 goals and 30 points. I really like the guy as a goal scorer with somewhat limited 2-way play.

I think he is a good fit with Elias and Zajac.
I see him as a better version of what Sykora was for us in 11-12: just get open, have Elias feed you the puck and fire away.

Devils probably won't have a defined top line, but they'll be able to roll through four consistently.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #2518
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Ryder is a poor man's Nathan Horton. Coast for much of the regular season and then show up in the playoffs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #2519
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Pretty sweet highlight video detailing the season in a few minutes

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...262385&lang=en
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #2520
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Kovy just screws the Devils in the rear.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427507
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #2521
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Kovy just screws the Devils in the rear.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427507
No way! Holy ****! They are ****ed.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #2522
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
No way! Holy ****! They are ****ed.
didn't even give them the chance to buy him out and avoid the long term cap hit.

My devil friends are losing their **** right now.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #2523
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

And NJ deferred the loss of the first rounder to next year.....lol....they could end up losing a top 5 pick
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #2524
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
And NJ deferred the loss of the first rounder to next year.....lol....they could end up losing a top 5 pick
how bad would Devils fans riot if they had the #1 and lost it.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #2525
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
didn't even give them the chance to buy him out and avoid the long term cap hit.

My devil friends are losing their **** right now.....
All sides are going to lose in this one. Kovy is an idiot.

I read somewhere that the Devils will have to pay a 250k fine every year until 2025. As for Kovy, the IHF will really hammer the KHL if he plays there and he certainly won't be eligible to play in the Olympics.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Denver Broncos