The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default How to kill a dirty bird (Broncos at Falcons)

MNF! One prime time game to another. This should be a fun game with the way Falcons man-handled the Chiefs in their own house.

I already gave Manning's stats in prime time, so I'll just mentione on MNF, Manning is 10-3, his last loss being against the Titans in '07.

Manning is 6-2 all time against the falcons.

Ryan is 4-1 against the AFC West, but the one loss is the Broncos, who he has never beaten.

Ryan is an amazing 26-4 at home.

The Falcons put up a LOT of points and did so on the road against a good defense. However they got beat up on the ground giving up 152 yards and for one half, made Cassel look pretty good. They also lost Brent Grimes, their star corner, for the season. Michael Turner is on the decline too. All their backs averaged less than 3 yards per carry, and this is after a game playing with the lead.

They do have Ryan totally dialed in on two amazing receivers and Tony G. looks about as dangerous as Sharpe circa 2003.

It's obviously going to be loud, so Denver will need to be dialed in on Manning's hand signals. That said, going into a dome has got to feel pretty awesome for Manning. I also really believe with the focus that Fox and Co will put on the rushing attack, we should be able to score some points and then slow the game down once we get a lead.

It will likely be a shoot out. If the Falcons can't run the ball consistently, and the Denver secondary holds with some pass rush help, we should win this thing. A key will be withstanding the onslaught of the crowd early and then scoring some points to take momentum away.

My prediction: Denver wins 24-31
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
MNF! One prime time game to another. This should be a fun game with the way Falcons man-handled the Chiefs in their own house.

I already gave Manning's stats in prime time, so I'll just mentione on MNF, Manning is 10-3, his last loss being against the Titans in '07.

Ryan is 4-1 against the AFC West, but the one loss is the Broncos, who he has never beaten.

The Falcons put up a LOT of points and did so on the road against a good defense. However they got beat up on the ground giving up 152 yards and for one half, made Cassel look pretty good. They also lost Brent Grimes, their star corner, for the season. Michael Turner is on the decline too. All their backs averaged less than 3 yards per carry, and this is after a game playing with the lead.

They do have Ryan totally dialed in on two amazing receivers and Tony G. looks about as dangerous as Sharpe circa 2003.

It's obviously going to be loud, so Denver will need to be dialed in on Manning's hand signals. That said, going into a dome has got to feel pretty awesome for Manning. I also really believe with the focus that Fox and Co will put on the rushing attack, we should be able to score some points and then slow the game down once we get a lead.

It will likely be a shoot out. If the Falcons can't run the ball consistently, and the Denver secondary holds with some pass rush help, we should win this thing. A key will be withstanding the onslaught of the crowd early and then scoring some points to take momentum away.

They were without three of their best defensive players which made an impact.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

This is really going to hinge on how well our CBs can play 1v1 vs White and Jones. Against Kansas City Ryan went to whoever was in 1v1 all day and had success. If our CBs can make plays against White and Jones and force Atlanta to go to their 3rd option this will give the pass rush time to get to Ryan which will be key.

The Chiefs without Hali have the worst pass rush in the league, their movement make glaciers look fast and out of control, so this will be the first real test Ryan has with pressure to make passes quickly.

If Manning can put up points early and the defense can take the ball away or force some early 3 and outs we can hopefully take the crowd out of it, Manning plays very well in domes so this should be to his liking.

The danger if of course that Tony Gonzalez goes nuts, we do not have any means of consistently covering a good pass catching TE unless our safeties up their game.

I expect a Denver win, I think our defense can do enough to disrupt the Atlanta offense and I just hate betting against a Peyton Manning who is fired up.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If we go to Atlanta and win Kaylore the whole NFL world will be talking about the Broncos.

Atlanta sort of one of the media darlings IMO this yr. You won't see many people picking us to win.

But you made some great points. They don't run the ball that well anymore all of the sudden. Also they don't seem to really care to try all that hard to do so.

IMO that plays into what we do best on defense. Go after the QB and try to make big plays.

Losing Grimes is huge. Remember many of us were clamoring how killer it would be to sign this guy. He really was becoming a lock down corner. Probably not Bailey, Revis, good but right their in the 2nd tier.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My guess is they run all over us and we pass all over them.

Home-field advantage is an edge in Atlanta; game comes down to turnovers and special teams.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm more worried about who guards Tony G. I think dback is a strength of the team. Harris is super scrappy and hard working, Bailey is one of the best all time, Porter looks to have good instincts and he tackles well.

But I don't see any way to guard Tony G. Also historically he has killed us.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
menonite

Quote:
That game was part of the Colts brilliant "Lets rest our starters so we can be rusty and get knocked off in the first round" strategy.

They let the Titans win, and promptly got their asses kicked by the Chargers - who were without Philip Rivers and LT!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
DENVERDUI55

I think we can win this game if we don't fumble the ball, force a few punts on defense, don't allow ST scores or big returns, and don't get blown out early trying to force the run. Fox should allow Manning to be Manning and I don't see Atlanta stopping our offense very much. KC moved the ball pretty well on them in the first half until Cassel remembered he was Cassel.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I'd really like to see Hillman out there for a few downs, just to see that waterbug speed on an indoor carpet.

But I suppose he won't be used until they really need a change up, since there's very little film on him.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
CEH
Ring of Famer

Atlanta's D will be like soft cream cheese after seeing Pittsburgh
Champ will shut down one of their WRs and Porter will give up some plays but also defend some plays

Ryan will get hit alot more than Manning
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

1. Atlanta have no pass rush. Their best DE is John Abraham who's 34 and while still good can be game planned against.

2. Atlanta gave up chunks of yardage on the ground and over 200 yards in the air to Matt Cassel in one half of football.

3. I think this game is going to be a shootout. As long as our pass rush is there (and you know it will be) with Champ/Adams/Porter/Harris back there, I'm not too worried.

4. Atlanta's return game is awesome. They've got some midget returning who's a faster version of Dante Hall in his prime.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
briane
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.privatepostmark.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is how you kill a dirty bird!

briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

No man, you just do this:

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If we can get a 2 score lead, it's over.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I like our CB's vs their WR's

I hate our LB's (minus Miller) vs their anyone

I like our Pass rush, we were crushing the pocket vs the Rapist but he was able to move and CiDt his guys.

McGahee looked slow and was not hitting the hole with any kind of authority. Lance Ball looked more explosive than our other 2 RB's which is scary. I hope this was just a bad day and we can rely on Willis not to fumble and gain 4-5 yards on 1st down.

Totally love Manning's audibles out of blitz's and bad plays.

I like old slow Honkey Lenohard (SP?) returning punts just for his positive yardage and not doing stupid things with the ball.

I hope we dress 2 QB's and let Hillman dress, we need someone explosive at RB who will not dance or run up the back of his blockers.

I think it could be Denver 38 Falcons 34.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

1. Tony Gonzalez--He worries me A LOT. The WR's are good but I'd put Porter and Bailey up against 'em and not worry. But we don't have a guy that can consistently cover the TE as Heath Miller demonstrated.

2. Pass rush studs have to get there early. They're on turf, so guys like Doom and Von should be a collective blur. If they can rattle Ryan early, he could go Jim Everett. Their offense is pass happy, so disrupting the passer is paramount.

3. Protect Peyton. Nuff said. Peyton owns the dome like none other when he's got time. If Peyton stays clean, everyone's gonna get theirs, as the Atlanta defense is vulnerable.

4. Close out the game with the road graders. Run the ball and don't give their O a chance to pull one out at the end.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

We will CERTAINLY lose.

-lonestar
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Hope Elvis, Von, and Wolfe can generate a pass rush without Warren. Time for Big Vick and Eaton's finest to step up.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Would love to see a heavy dose of Cover 1 against this club. I'll get into detail why on the podcast.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I like our CB's vs their WR's
Eh, have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

I like cover 1 against them too. With some sprinkling of doubling up on Tony G.

For the most part, I think we'll see Champ and Porter on islands a lot on Monday.

I'd really like to see JDR mix up this d and show us something different.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
We will CERTAINLY lose.

-lonestar
Of course we will. We're still recovering from TANAHAN'S dafts.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Eh, have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.
especially with harris having a high ankle sprain
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

Denver wins 31-24....

Falcons have won one game vs. a team with a winning record in their last 18 games (Lions 10-6)

Five of their last 11 wins have come against rookie QB's

They're the NFC's version of the Bengals...they'll beat the creampuffs and mediocre teams, but won't beat the very good to elite teams, and damn sure won't beat us.....not with Peyton f Manning
errand is offline   Reply With Quote