The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Next up ATL, match ups, strategy, etc.

how well do we match up against ATL

Champ on Julio?
porter on white?

how does Denver's line match up against their o-line

thoughts?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 6m
Falcons announced CB Brett Grimes' season is over. Team says he will be placed on injured reserve with Achilles injury. Brutal.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

tough break... mods feel free to merge threads if deemed necessary.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I think we will stick with Champ on the right, Porter on the left. Obviously Porter knows the Falcons quite well so that might help a bit.

The Falcons are going to come out tossing the ball so we need our safeties to make some plays. We don't know how good the Falcons offensive line is since they faced the most toothless pass rush in the world yesterday. I imagine the Falcons will try to scheme to take out either Dumervil or Miller, I doubt they can eliminate both without opening up the blitz.

The Falcons secondary is not very strong and Manning must take advantage, their defensive front is okay at best so we should be able to turn it into a shootout - hopefully we can get some stops on 3rd downs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I think Atlanta is going to spend a good chunk of the game trying to get the running game going which will end up costing them badly.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Another team that has been overrated since Vick played there. Consider me un-scared.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Big Nickle - same way we finally had some success against the Steelers.

Champ on R, Porter L, Adams on the TE and Leonhard in as the extra safety. Michael Turner isn't the Michael Turner of old and none of the backs on that team are anything special.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

I think the Falcons will probably play to get themselves into 3rd and long situations. If they can manage that, they might be able to give our D fits most of the game.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I just finished watching ATL play KC on the DTV short Cuts. ATL was damn good on offense and Julio Jones was phenomenal. Their passing attack will cause DEN fits.

Defensively, they can be had. KC had plenty of chances yesterday, but failed to make drives turn into points with opportunties. Manning is one of the best ever at doing just that.

This will be another test for DEN and if they can pull it out, they are sitting pretty with this schedule.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ATL light it up last year against lesser teams and then fall back to earth vs the stronger set?

I think we can beat them. They're in a new go for broke offense this year and our secondary could make them pay, though I'll be curious to see how Adams does against Gonzalez.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Julio Jones and Gonzales are going to have to have big games for them to win, and that is certainly possible. Champ will probably be on Roddy White most of the game no?

Their running game doesn't scare me, and their defense has its flaws. Certainly worse than the Steelers even without Harrison and their starting safety.

But the Falcons are definitely going to be fired up for their home opener. We're going to have to fight through that energy.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Julio Jones and Gonzales are going to have to have big games for them to win, and that is certainly possible. Champ will probably be on Roddy White most of the game no?

Their running game doesn't scare me, and their defense has its flaws. Certainly worse than the Steelers even without Harrison and their starting safety.

But the Falcons are definitely going to be fired up for their home opener. We're going to have to fight through that energy.
Champ should be shadowing Julio the entire game. Easily the Falcons most dangerous player, so we should counter with our best defender.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think the big nickle could work. however, how does Leo hard fair against the bigger tight ends? and would carter be a better fit?

I think our o line should be in pretty good shape. Pitts got minimum pressure although they were missing Harrison. I just don't think the Steelers are the Steelers of old. not to be discredited cause they are still good.

I hope hillman is able to go to add another crease.

I also think atl will go no huddle and have matt ryan go with a quick release. how does atl line fair last year?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Champ should be shadowing Julio the entire game. Easily the Falcons most dangerous player, so we should counter with our best defender.
Yeah I can't decide who is more dangerous, Julio is lightning quick. That is for sure.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think Atlanta is going to spend a good chunk of the game trying to get the running game going which will end up costing them badly.
I think you're extremely mistaken on that. Jacquizz got just one less snap than Turner yesterday, I think they realize Turner doesn't have it anymore. It's going to be Peyton vs. Ryan and not a whole lot else is going to matter.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I do think McGahee will give them difficult times, and Manning to DT or Tamme or Decker will be very hard for them to cover. Manning does so well reading the Ds. Frankly, I was not impressed with the Chorf's D play, and I think Atlanta caught them a bit flat footed. Especially when they got a turnover off Cassell.

Turnovers will be key.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I just finished watching ATL play KC on the DTV short Cuts. ATL was damn good on offense and Julio Jones was phenomenal. Their passing attack will cause DEN fits.

Defensively, they can be had. KC had plenty of chances yesterday, but failed to make drives turn into points with opportunties. Manning is one of the best ever at doing just that.

This will be another test for DEN and if they can pull it out, they are sitting pretty with this schedule.
I think we are going to try to do to Atlanta what Pittsburgh tried to do to us, stay on the field, keep the clock rolling, keep Ryan on the bench - trust your defense to come up with some opportunistic play when they get a chance either turnovers or sacks.

Miller and Dumervil have to bring their A game to this one, we are going to need to disrupt Ryan and make sure he doesn't get time to throw those intermediate and long passes regularly.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

There's no way Atlanta has the same kind of offensive output against us.

Ryan had virtually no pressure on him all day and KC's outmatched secondary had no clue how to stop Jones/White.

With Doom/Miller and Wolfe, Atlanta are going to have to fight for their yards instead of just playing throw and catch like they did against KC.

There defense is several notches below Pitt. No real pass rushers outside an aging John Abraham and their best DB is on IR now.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
I think the Falcons will probably play to get themselves into 3rd and long situations. If they can manage that, they might be able to give our D fits most of the game.

Well, if they ran the ball like they did Sunday, they will for sure be in 3rd and long all game. Like I said, without a doubt, I think you will see our defense practice the **** out of 3rd and long this week.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
There's no way Atlanta has the same kind of offensive output against us.

Ryan had virtually no pressure on him all day and KC's outmatched secondary had no clue how to stop Jones/White.

With Doom/Miller and Wolfe, Atlanta are going to have to fight for their yards instead of just playing throw and catch like they did against KC.

There defense is several notches below Pitt. No real pass rushers outside an aging John Abraham and their best DB is on IR now.

this and 2 of their best D players were out. Hali, and Flowers
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I think the big nickle could work. however, how does Leo hard fair against the bigger tight ends? and would carter be a better fit?

I think our o line should be in pretty good shape. Pitts got minimum pressure although they were missing Harrison. I just don't think the Steelers are the Steelers of old. not to be discredited cause they are still good.

I hope hillman is able to go to add another crease.

I also think atl will go no huddle and have matt ryan go with a quick release. how does atl line fair last year?
Honestly I like the straight nickel here. I like Harris on the field over Carter and I think, for this game, you could keep a LB spy on Gonzalez around the LOS and back to 10 yards. He's aging and doesn't have great speed, still great hands though. I would keep 1 safety floating to protect against the long play, double moves whatever. I would alternate Porter and Champ getting ultra aggressive. Who ever has the safety float, that guy get aggressive on that play and press, the other guy back off a bit. Keep rotating it so they can't get a fix on who's playing aggressive and when.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Did Carter even play yestetday? I think he would be a help with coverage on the TE position.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I think winning depends on whos nut we plan on sacrificing this week
broncolife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

One thing is for sure they better shore up their 3rd down defense