The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Next up ATL, match ups, strategy, etc.

how well do we match up against ATL

Champ on Julio?
porter on white?

how does Denver's line match up against their o-line

thoughts?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
chawknz's Avatar
 
Hey now!

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 6m
Falcons announced CB Brett Grimes' season is over. Team says he will be placed on injured reserve with Achilles injury. Brutal.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

tough break... mods feel free to merge threads if deemed necessary.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

I think we will stick with Champ on the right, Porter on the left. Obviously Porter knows the Falcons quite well so that might help a bit.

The Falcons are going to come out tossing the ball so we need our safeties to make some plays. We don't know how good the Falcons offensive line is since they faced the most toothless pass rush in the world yesterday. I imagine the Falcons will try to scheme to take out either Dumervil or Miller, I doubt they can eliminate both without opening up the blitz.

The Falcons secondary is not very strong and Manning must take advantage, their defensive front is okay at best so we should be able to turn it into a shootout - hopefully we can get some stops on 3rd downs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I think Atlanta is going to spend a good chunk of the game trying to get the running game going which will end up costing them badly.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,550
Default

Another team that has been overrated since Vick played there. Consider me un-scared.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
“It will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,241
Default

Big Nickle - same way we finally had some success against the Steelers.

Champ on R, Porter L, Adams on the TE and Leonhard in as the extra safety. Michael Turner isn't the Michael Turner of old and none of the backs on that team are anything special.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless
 
orangeatheist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,165
Default

I think the Falcons will probably play to get themselves into 3rd and long situations. If they can manage that, they might be able to give our D fits most of the game.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,132

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I just finished watching ATL play KC on the DTV short Cuts. ATL was damn good on offense and Julio Jones was phenomenal. Their passing attack will cause DEN fits.

Defensively, they can be had. KC had plenty of chances yesterday, but failed to make drives turn into points with opportunties. Manning is one of the best ever at doing just that.

This will be another test for DEN and if they can pull it out, they are sitting pretty with this schedule.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ATL light it up last year against lesser teams and then fall back to earth vs the stronger set?

I think we can beat them. They're in a new go for broke offense this year and our secondary could make them pay, though I'll be curious to see how Adams does against Gonzalez.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
Dexter
Pro Bowler
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Bay Harbor Butcher

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Julio Jones and Gonzales are going to have to have big games for them to win, and that is certainly possible. Champ will probably be on Roddy White most of the game no?

Their running game doesn't scare me, and their defense has its flaws. Certainly worse than the Steelers even without Harrison and their starting safety.

But the Falcons are definitely going to be fired up for their home opener. We're going to have to fight through that energy.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer
 
Lycan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Julio Jones and Gonzales are going to have to have big games for them to win, and that is certainly possible. Champ will probably be on Roddy White most of the game no?

Their running game doesn't scare me, and their defense has its flaws. Certainly worse than the Steelers even without Harrison and their starting safety.

But the Falcons are definitely going to be fired up for their home opener. We're going to have to fight through that energy.
Champ should be shadowing Julio the entire game. Easily the Falcons most dangerous player, so we should counter with our best defender.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I think the big nickle could work. however, how does Leo hard fair against the bigger tight ends? and would carter be a better fit?

I think our o line should be in pretty good shape. Pitts got minimum pressure although they were missing Harrison. I just don't think the Steelers are the Steelers of old. not to be discredited cause they are still good.

I hope hillman is able to go to add another crease.

I also think atl will go no huddle and have matt ryan go with a quick release. how does atl line fair last year?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
Dexter
Pro Bowler
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Bay Harbor Butcher

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Champ should be shadowing Julio the entire game. Easily the Falcons most dangerous player, so we should counter with our best defender.
Yeah I can't decide who is more dangerous, Julio is lightning quick. That is for sure.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran
 
JDB7821's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think Atlanta is going to spend a good chunk of the game trying to get the running game going which will end up costing them badly.
I think you're extremely mistaken on that. Jacquizz got just one less snap than Turner yesterday, I think they realize Turner doesn't have it anymore. It's going to be Peyton vs. Ryan and not a whole lot else is going to matter.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,395
Default

I do think McGahee will give them difficult times, and Manning to DT or Tamme or Decker will be very hard for them to cover. Manning does so well reading the Ds. Frankly, I was not impressed with the Chorf's D play, and I think Atlanta caught them a bit flat footed. Especially when they got a turnover off Cassell.

Turnovers will be key.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I just finished watching ATL play KC on the DTV short Cuts. ATL was damn good on offense and Julio Jones was phenomenal. Their passing attack will cause DEN fits.

Defensively, they can be had. KC had plenty of chances yesterday, but failed to make drives turn into points with opportunties. Manning is one of the best ever at doing just that.

This will be another test for DEN and if they can pull it out, they are sitting pretty with this schedule.
I think we are going to try to do to Atlanta what Pittsburgh tried to do to us, stay on the field, keep the clock rolling, keep Ryan on the bench - trust your defense to come up with some opportunistic play when they get a chance either turnovers or sacks.

Miller and Dumervil have to bring their A game to this one, we are going to need to disrupt Ryan and make sure he doesn't get time to throw those intermediate and long passes regularly.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,152
Default

There's no way Atlanta has the same kind of offensive output against us.

Ryan had virtually no pressure on him all day and KC's outmatched secondary had no clue how to stop Jones/White.

With Doom/Miller and Wolfe, Atlanta are going to have to fight for their yards instead of just playing throw and catch like they did against KC.

There defense is several notches below Pitt. No real pass rushers outside an aging John Abraham and their best DB is on IR now.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
I think the Falcons will probably play to get themselves into 3rd and long situations. If they can manage that, they might be able to give our D fits most of the game.



Well, if they ran the ball like they did Sunday, they will for sure be in 3rd and long all game. Like I said, without a doubt, I think you will see our defense practice the **** out of 3rd and long this week.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
There's no way Atlanta has the same kind of offensive output against us.

Ryan had virtually no pressure on him all day and KC's outmatched secondary had no clue how to stop Jones/White.

With Doom/Miller and Wolfe, Atlanta are going to have to fight for their yards instead of just playing throw and catch like they did against KC.

There defense is several notches below Pitt. No real pass rushers outside an aging John Abraham and their best DB is on IR now.

this and 2 of their best D players were out. Hali, and Flowers
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I think the big nickle could work. however, how does Leo hard fair against the bigger tight ends? and would carter be a better fit?

I think our o line should be in pretty good shape. Pitts got minimum pressure although they were missing Harrison. I just don't think the Steelers are the Steelers of old. not to be discredited cause they are still good.

I hope hillman is able to go to add another crease.

I also think atl will go no huddle and have matt ryan go with a quick release. how does atl line fair last year?
Honestly I like the straight nickel here. I like Harris on the field over Carter and I think, for this game, you could keep a LB spy on Gonzalez around the LOS and back to 10 yards. He's aging and doesn't have great speed, still great hands though. I would keep 1 safety floating to protect against the long play, double moves whatever. I would alternate Porter and Champ getting ultra aggressive. Who ever has the safety float, that guy get aggressive on that play and press, the other guy back off a bit. Keep rotating it so they can't get a fix on who's playing aggressive and when.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Did Carter even play yestetday? I think he would be a help with coverage on the TE position.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,832
Default

I think winning depends on whos nut we plan on sacrificing this week
broncolife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,421
Default

One thing is for sure they better shore up their 3rd down defense
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
One thing is for sure they better shore up their 3rd down defense
You bet yer sweet Foneco.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Denver Broncos