The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default Those who went to the game last night...

To all of you who actually attended last night, can you attest to the statements from some of my friends who went and are saying the Steeler fan presence was WAY lower than in games past?

I'm being told it wasn't nearly as bad as the last few games/seasons and that the Broncos fans were out in full force. Especially not as bad as the playoff game.

It makes me so happy to hear this if true. Glad Broncos Country came correct!!!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

this is true from what I noticed, the guy behind me was raging pissed and I loved it
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

I think there is average attendance for "normal" road teams, and average attendance for some of the more popular teams (Steelers, Cowboys, Pats, etc.), I thought turnout last night was below average for even a "normal" team. There just weren't any Steelers fans there. I don't think I've ever seen the stadium as packed either.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I haven't been to previous Steelers games, but I was bummed out seeing so many terrible towels. They had a pretty good showing, I think, but I can't compare to past events. The sound of "HEEEEEEAATH" was pretty strong when he got the ball.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawknz View Post
I haven't been to previous Steelers games, but I was bummed out seeing so many terrible towels. They had a pretty good showing, I think, but I can't compare to past events. The sound of "HEEEEEEAATH" was pretty strong when he got the ball.
The towels make their presence look much bigger, there weren't any there.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Point taken.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
lolcopter

There was fewer than the playoff game, but the steeler fans that were there were as obnoxious and annoying as ever before

Hate that fanbase with a passion. Suck it you bandwagon losers, we own your team

Less than 200 no shows, 76,000+ fans it was pretty packed

Last edited by lolcopter; 09-10-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 09-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawknz View Post
I noticed that on TV. I assumed there were a ton of Stealer fans there to make that much noise. Glad there wasn't.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I haven't been to past Steeler games but I didn't think an over abundance of opposing fans. Of course I was sitting next to one of them, my son, I felt a little bummed for him, but I had warned him. The noise level was unbelievable and made any little squeak the Steeler fans were making, just that, a little squeak.

I noticed many more Bronco fans at the game in Minnesota last year.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

You can see on the broadcast. I mean look at that photo of Manning doing the TD signal. I think you can see three Steeler fans there. I hope this trend continues. If they keep losing and the Broncos keep playing well, Steelers will be less willing to pay a lot for the tickets and Broncos fans will be more inclined to keep them.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

the last thing I told the guy behind us was "hey look at it this way, 2 years running you get to beat traffic"
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I heard that the atmosphere there was electric, and that Denver Fans rocked the house all game long...
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
BroncoHI
Seasoned Veteran

Ainokea

It seemed like on TV the noise was better than ussual. There were times where it loked like Ben had a hard time at the line because of it.
BroncoHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I heard that the atmosphere there was electric, and that Denver Fans rocked the house all game long...
It was and it seemed we were a lot more optimistic than the Maners here. I was so proud that we kept up the noise when Ben was up. I'm sure they had planned for it but I think it was at a level even they didn't expect.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #15
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

I can't talk today, that sure was fun. Yelled the whole
Damn game.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

the game was like the old mile high, compared to the afc chipper, only about a third as many steeler fans, not an empty seat in the house, they announced 181 no shows, but it was one of the greatest atmospheres i have ever been too, and i have been to over 120 bronco games since 1994
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
canadianbroncosfan

I noticed that on the broadcast last as well. I chalked it up to being Manning's first game as a Bronco, hard to think that people with tickets would be willing to sell them as rapidly as other games in the past. And unlike the playoffs, they don't go on sale in Pitt before everyone else.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
the last thing I told the guy behind us was "hey look at it this way, 2 years running you get to beat traffic"
Technically speaking, both games happened in 2012

/nit
Old 09-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

So happy to hear it. I hate Steelerfan more than any other team.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

The atmosphere was ridiculous - fans were into it from the very start and even during the long 9 minute drive in the second half the fans kept trying urge on the Broncos defense.

I would estimate about 5%-10% of the fans I saw were Steelers fans. I actually sat right behind two rows full of Steelers fans. I have to say - these Steeler fans were a lot of fun - knowledgeable, friendly and surprisingly not total homers - talked with them all game. The only altercation I saw was started by some Broncos fan who was running his mouth like an idiot.

During the big plays - Thomas's 71 yd catch, and the Porter interception return for a touchdown - I really thought I was going to lose my mind. The TV broadcast does the noise no justice - it was amazing. It is plays like those that make me realize there are some things in the NFL that have to be experienced live - big plays are euphoric moments - I actually got lightheaded from the excitement.

Walking out of the stadium - people were downright giddy. I hadn't seen that in any Broncos game I'd been to (except the 1998-1999 AFC Championship game). There were random chants of "Manning" and "Go Broncos" everywhere.

Last edited by Binkythefrog; 09-10-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #21
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
The atmosphere was ridiculous - fans were into it from the very start and even during the long 9 minute drive in the second half the fans kept trying urge on the Broncos defense.

I would estimate about 5%-10% of the fans I saw were Steelers fans. I actually sat right behind two rows full of Steelers fans. I have to say - these Steeler fans were a lot of fun - knowledgeable, friendly and surprisingly not total homers - talked with them all game. The only altercation I saw was started by some Broncos fan who was running his mouth like an idiot.

During the big plays - Thomas's 71 yd catch, and the Porter interception return for a touchdown - I really thought I was going to lose my mind. The TV broadcast does the noise no justice - it was amazing. It is plays like those that make me realize there are some things in the NFL that have to be experienced live - big plays are euphoric moments.

Walking out of the stadium - people were downright giddy. I hadn't seen that in any Broncos game I'd been to (except the 1998-1999 AFC Championship game). There were random chants of "Manning" and "Go Broncos" everywhere.
Thats awesome! Seemed like on TV last year for the Raiders game it was louder. The camera was clearly shaking during that game. Didn't really notice that during last nights game.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Thats awesome! Seemed like on TV last year for the Raiders game it was louder. The camera was clearly shaking during that game. Didn't really notice that during last nights game.
Went to both, last night was far and away louder.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Funny thing, I've been to more Broncos Steelers games in the last 7 years than anything else. The playoff game was the least amount of Steelers fans I had seen at the stadium until last night. I'm glad that people are starting to stop selling their tickets to the Pittsturds.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
milehighJC
Solid Starter

I was there for the last regular season game, but missed the playoff game last year. Compared to the last regular season game, I would say there were half as many Steeler fans there. Last time there were four of them right in front of me. Last night I dont think there as a Steelers fan within 10 seats of me (sec 510).

On the other hand, the Broncos fans were in full throat. It was loud, rowdy and more fun than should be legal. I have to go back and look at my DVR copy, but Im pretty sure the noise cost the Steelers at least one time out when they were on the doorstep in the south end zone. Was proud of the South Stands, they were going absolutely nuts.

I think last night game is in the top 5 "fun" games that I have been to, maybe even top 3. (Elways last home game will always be #1).

All in all, it was a great night. My voice is shot today, and I dont care...

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #25
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Technically speaking, both games happened in 2012

/nit
cept' I am not talking calendar years...but okie dokie