The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,627
Default NFL trade value

Apologies in advance if already posted elsewhere. Before trashing it make sure you read the Trade Value Rules (sidebar towards top of first link).

Quote:
50. Peyton Manning
Oh, just the greatest quarterback in league history in a historically unprecedented situation — this should be easy to figure out. There's virtually no chance that Manning is actually the 50th most valuable asset in the league, but when you average out all the possibilities — maybe there's a 30 percent chance he's one of the 10 most valuable guys in the league, a 30 percent chance he's a money pit, and a 40 percent chance he's somewhere in between — 50th feels about right. If he comes back and he's the Peyton Manning from 2010, two years older and with worse receivers, this is probably just a little low. Then again, he's 36 and one positive neck examination away from making a guaranteed $58 million over the next three years.

20. Von Miller
I put Miller ahead of Smith — even though Miller has a slightly larger contract and had fewer sacks last year — because Miller's a more complete player. Smith spent last year serving as a situational pass rusher. He was great at it, and he's moving into a bigger role in 2012, but Miller, on the other hand, spent last year serving as a three-down linebacker. Smith never had a game like Miller's ridiculously clutch performance against the Jets. That puts Miller slightly ahead across their respective developmental curves.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ootball-league

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ootball-league

Last edited by TonyR; 09-03-2012 at 09:10 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

In before people trashing a Grantland article because of Bill Simmons.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 15,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
In before people trashing a Grantland article because of Bill Simmons.
This. Simmons rules.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,378
Default

This piece reads as if there were three or four fellows sitting on the shaded Courtouse Bench discussing ball players. Nothing was ever resolved, but that wasn't the point. They usually had a flask somewhere, and the dicussions got around to the old players, like Ruth and Gherig(sp) or the Designated Hitter rule. My grandfather usually had the flask, and I am told he could punch.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Denver Broncos