The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default CBS Sports Broncos' Preview

A very good read here. They have Denver going 11-5

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/storyli...denver-broncos
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
AmericanBroncFan

It read like a piece the guy just threw together cause he knows nothing about the Broncos.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
Bacchus

Only 3 CBS "experts" picking Broncos.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature...s/expert/picks
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #4
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
It read like a piece the guy just threw together cause he knows nothing about the Broncos.
Yes, there were some aspects of that with the WR talk. I think everyone who has watched the Broncos have scaled back the projections of what Thomas is going to do.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Yes, there were some aspects of that with the WR talk. I think everyone who has watched the Broncos have scaled back the projections of what Thomas is going to do.
I think that a move away from Thomas is significantly premature. If he stays healthy, Manning will definitely find him. This offense is still evolving, and until we see how other teams decide to cover Decker and Thomas, we won't know much.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
AmericanBroncFan

Thomas vs Decker is a good debate. I think we have already seen Deckers ceiling while Thomas can be special. It doesn't mean Decker is no good. The question is, does Thomas want to be great? Decker gets the DROPS disease. He almost cost us a TD against SF.
Both are above average right now. Which one becomes THE MAN?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Content was pretty good but that has to be Judge's most poorly written piece by miles.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Thomas vs Decker is a good debate. I think we have already seen Deckers ceiling while Thomas can be special. It doesn't mean Decker is no good. The question is, does Thomas want to be great? Decker gets the DROPS disease. He almost cost us a TD against SF.
Both are above average right now. Which one becomes THE MAN?
He wants to, but isn't willing to work for it. Yet.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
DENVERDUI55

How the mane judges articles. Great if Denver is picked to win more than 10 games. Awful if they pick 9 or less wins and no division championship.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
How the mane judges articles. Great if Denver is picked to win more than 10 games. Awful if they pick 9 or less wins and no division championship.
I love the prediction but this writer doesn't know anything about the Broncos other than what headlines he's seen
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I think that a move away from Thomas is significantly premature. If he stays healthy, Manning will definitely find him. This offense is still evolving, and until we see how other teams decide to cover Decker and Thomas, we won't know much.
I agree but I also think that most of us right now agree that Decker is going to lead the team in recpetions (if healthy) I think Thomas will be third on the team. Either Stokley or Tamme will be #2.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
I agree but I also think that most of us right now agree that Decker is going to lead the team in recpetions (if healthy) I think Thomas will be third on the team. Either Stokley or Tamme will be #2.
I think it will be Thomas all the way. Hopefully they tie 90 catches each for 1300+ each.
Decker takes hits alot like the REAL 87 did. Is that a White thing or an 87 thing?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Pittsburgh doesn't scare me this year. I mean, they are certainly capable of being a playoff team, but I really think this is a year the Steelers take a fall back. And by back, I mean .500.

1.) The rapist and Haley really don't seem to gel particularly well. Ben's greatest attribute is to extend plays with his feet and burn teams with his arm over the top. Haley's offense seems to want him to do the opposite.

2.) Mendenhal is still nursing an ACL injury and it will probably be 4 or 5 weeks before he's anywhere close to what he was last year (which was pretty mediocre by his standards.)

3.) DeCastro was supposed to be a high round draft pick that shored up the interior line, but he had a ****ty camp and then followed it up by blowing out his knee.

4.) I think Troy Polamalu at 31 is still a top flight safety, but I don't think he's a defensive MVP take over a game type player anymore.

5.) What type of shape will Mike Wallace be in? How motivated will he be after not getting an extension? I mean, I don't think he'll be fat and slow, but speed WR's when they're not in game shape tend to get hamstring injuries easily. My guess is it's at least two or three games into the season before he returns to form.

6.) James Harrison's age knees, and back will keep him from being what he was in the past.

7.) Keisel's banged up and old.

Last edited by razorwire77; 09-03-2012 at 11:18 AM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
AmericanBroncFan

I watched multiple Minn games with Decker. He caught balls with 3 guys on him all the time but now in the pros he drops wide open balls that hit him in the hands. why?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Pittsburgh doesn't scare me this year. I mean, they are certainly capable of being a playoff team, but I really think this is a year the Steelers take a fall back. And by back, I mean .500.

1.) The rapist and Haley really don't seem to gel particularly well. Ben's greatest attribute is to extend plays with his feet and burn teams with his arm over the top. Haley's offense seems to want him to do the opposite.

2.) Mendenhal is still nursing an ACL injury and it will probably be 4 or 5 weeks before he's anywhere close to what he was last year (which was pretty mediocre by his standards.)

3.) DeCastro was supposed to be a high round draft pick that shored up the interior line, but he had a ****ty camp and then followed it up by blowing out his knee.

4.) I think Troy Polamalu at 31 is still a top flight safety, but I don't think he's a defensive MVP take over a game type player anymore.

5.) What type of shape will Mike Wallace be in? How motivated will he be after not getting an extension? My guess is it's at least two or three games into the season before he returns to form.

6.) James Harrison's age knees, and back will keep him from being what he was in the past.

the key to whole post is Haleys offense.. we've seen that disaster before
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Bacchus

Quote:
I think it will be Thomas all the way. Hopefully they tie 90 catches each for 1300+ each.
Decker takes hits alot like the REAL 87 did. Is that a White thing or an 87 thing?
I think the best thing fo rthe Broncos would be that Thomas is the number one WR. He is more physical, and a much more likley to break the long run, but there is a comfort zone Manning has with Decker, and not just becaue they work out and hang out together, Decker is like all the WRs Manning had in Indianapolis.

We cannot under estimate the route running either. Manning does not have a strong arm he anticiptes where the WR is going to be and he throws it to that spot before the break. If the WR is not there the pass will be intercepted. I think Thomas will become a bigger target the last 8 games of the season. The first 8 games will be about Manning's comfort level and that is Decker, Stokley and Tamme. I see Thomas catching 60 balls and he will have the highest YPC on the team.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
Bacchus

Quote:
I watched multiple Minn games with Decker. He caught balls with 3 guys on him all the time but now in the pros he drops wide open balls that hit him in the hands. why?
Tebow's left handed throws could have something to do with that. Maybe it is a concentration thing.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #18
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
I think the best thing fo rthe Broncos would be that Thomas is the number one WR. He is more physical, and a much more likley to break the long run, but there is a comfort zone Manning has with Decker, and not just becaue they work out and hang out together, Decker is like all the WRs Manning had in Indianapolis.

We cannot under estimate the route running either. Manning does not have a strong arm he anticiptes where the WR is going to be and he throws it to that spot before the break. If the WR is not there the pass will be intercepted. I think Thomas will become a bigger target the last 8 games of the season. The first 8 games will be about Manning's comfort level and that is Decker, Stokley and Tamme. I see Thomas catching 60 balls and he will have the highest YPC on the team.
I agree with 99% of this but even Decker is monster compared to the midgets Manning had at WR in Indy. We may see Manning be better than ever before with these huge targets to throw to.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #19
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Thanks for posting this 6-week old article.

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Don't forget that the Safett opposite Polamalu cannot medically play in Denver and the altitude because of his sickle cell anemia. Ryan Clark isn't MVP caliber but is a good starter. With Polumalu always cheating up he or his replacement must be good covering the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

5.) What type of shape will Mike Wallace be in? How motivated will he be after not getting an extension? I mean, I don't think he'll be fat and slow, but speed WR's when they're not in game shape tend to get hamstring injuries easily. My guess is it's at least two or three games into the season before he returns to form.

theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

I was wondering if someone was gonna point that out
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Tebow's left handed throws could have something to do with that. Maybe it is a concentration thing.
I believe he meant when he was at University of Minnesota, not the game against Vikings.

He's right, Decker was known for his great hands in college, now he seems to drop easy ones.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

Well, I did combine it with the CBS experts pick for week one so consider it a 2 for 1 special.