The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default Brock Osweiler -- Well Played, Young Man

“I told Brock he (Bob) was a big Broncos fan, was raised in Denver, that he wasn’t doing well ... that he might not make it through the summer. He (Brock) said: ‘Coach, enough said. What time do you want me there and when. If he’s that big of a Broncos fan, I’d love to meet him.’

“Brock was impressed with all the Denver stuff he had,” Applegate said. “He saw one banner was signed by the Broncos’ first Super Bowl team.

“When Brock was leaving, Bob said: ‘I hope to see you playing on Sunday.’ Brock said: ‘I think this is Peyton’s (team) to run for a few years. I’ll wait my turn.’ Bob laughed. He got a kick out of that.

http://mtstandard.com/sports/footbal...9bb2963f4.html
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Excellent ...... Brock is a good guy and I'm sure he will Leave his Legacy" and "Live Life to it's Fullest.

but on the serious side it's great to have players take time do some "Tebow like" stuff, it makes a difference.
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Excellent ...... Brock is a good guy and I'm sure he will Leave his Legacy" and "Live Life to it's Fullest.

but on the serious side it's great to have players take time do some "Tebow like" stuff, it makes a difference.
Better than some of the dumbassery of some of the players.

People can whine about Tebow type guys but they are the guys that make fans watch till the end.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Good on ya kid.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Brock is gonna be a beast. for the first time in franchise history, we will have a franchise QB to follow a franchise QB(granted Elway was the only true franchise guy for us)
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Brock is gonna be a beast. for the first time in franchise history, we will have a franchise QB to follow a franchise QB(granted Elway was the only true franchise guy for us)
Lets hope this works out like it is supposed to
Old 09-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
nyuk nyuk

Brock rocks it.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Eh, I'm nowhere near ready to say that. We've had some QB problems the past several years... Peyton will rock it as long as he stays healthy, beyond that I'm not really thinking that far ahead.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Nice job, kid!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

He glitters in the sunlight.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He glitters in the sunlight.

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
backup qb
Ring of Famer

Very cool. Anyone see the story where aaron hernandez donated $50k to Robert Kraft's foundation upon signing his extension? I know he's a hated patriot, but another cool story.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Eh, I'm nowhere near ready to say that. We've had some QB problems the past several years... Peyton will rock it as long as he stays healthy, beyond that I'm not really thinking that far ahead.
this is the most excited i've been about a QB draftee since Cutler. don't ruin it for me you buzz kill!
Osweiler was one of the few QB's with franchise potential in this draft.
his problem was that he came out a year too early and had maturity issues at ASU.

if he went back and played up to his potential he'd be a top 20 pick next season.
normally size or system issues drops a QB as low as Osweiler.
we lucked out by getting him(not thrilled with where we took him, but glad we got him.)

Luck,RGIII,Tannehill(who i was hoping would fall to the 2nd),Osweiler were the potential franchise guys to me in this draft.
Wilson i couldn't peg as a franchise guy due to his height, he has everything else but i thought he'd end up stuck behind someone and may not get a shot.
Weeden is just too old for me to believe his development will be that of a franchise QB, i see him more as a Alex Smith type, which isn't bad.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
this is the most excited i've been about a QB draftee since Cutler. don't ruin it for me you buzz kill!
Osweiler was one of the few QB's with franchise potential in this draft.
his problem was that he came out a year too early and had maturity issues at ASU.

if he went back and played up to his potential he'd be a top 20 pick next season.
normally size or system issues drops a QB as low as Osweiler.
we lucked out by getting him(not thrilled with where we took him, but glad we got him.)

Luck,RGIII,Tannehill(who i was hoping would fall to the 2nd),Osweiler were the potential franchise guys to me in this draft.
Wilson i couldn't peg as a franchise guy due to his height, he has everything else but i thought he'd end up stuck behind someone and may not get a shot.
Weeden is just too old for me to believe his development will be that of a franchise QB, i see him more as a Alex Smith type, which isn't bad.
Almost lost it in the cutlet comment but the rest is pretty much spot on..

As for Wilson IMO he will never lead his team past playoff rounds fiche gets them there dc's will find a way to stop his running just like they have very running QB. Especially when they get into the biggie games.

Like Tebow and Jake will provide loads of excitement and wins games but when the rubber hits the road in the playoffs he like them will be defensed. If he grows a few more inches (5) then he truly maybe a FQB.

This is a passing league and consistently he will be unable to pass from the pocket. The way the great ones have to.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
“I told Brock he (Bob) was a big Broncos fan, was raised in Denver, that he wasn’t doing well ... that he might not make it through the summer. He (Brock) said: ‘Coach, enough said. What time do you want me there and when. If he’s that big of a Broncos fan, I’d love to meet him.’

“Brock was impressed with all the Denver stuff he had,” Applegate said. “He saw one banner was signed by the Broncos’ first Super Bowl team.

“When Brock was leaving, Bob said: ‘I hope to see you playing on Sunday.’ Brock said: ‘I think this is Peyton’s (team) to run for a few years. I’ll wait my turn.’ Bob laughed. He got a kick out of that.

http://mtstandard.com/sports/footbal...9bb2963f4.html
I prefer to forget Brock has Montana quarterback genes.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Almost lost it in the cutlet comment but the rest is pretty much spot on..
Why?

All he said was, "this is the most excited i've been about a QB draftee since Cutler"

Nothing wrong with that. You had to be practically dead to NOT be excited about him back when we drafted him.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Better than some of the dumbassery of some of the players.

People can whine about Tebow type guys but they are the guys that make fans watch till the end.
Yep. I'd much rather here stories about our draft picks visiting dying fans than hearing about them getting arrested for DUI
Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Yep. I'd much rather here stories about our draft picks visiting dying fans than hearing about them getting arrested for DUI
Wait, you can't post logical and positive thoughts here it is against normal practices.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #19
AmericanBroncFan

Tebow is not the only player who does things for special needs children or people. Tebow just knows how to work it where he looks like the only one doing it. He's not as dumb as he looks. He's taking this whole charity/god/church thing to the bank.
As for Brock, drafting him makes it 100% certain we will not end up with landry jones. Thank god/tebow for that. (I'll thank Elway)
Old 09-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Tebow is not the only player who does things for special needs children or people. Tebow just knows how to work it where he looks like the only one doing it. He's not as dumb as he looks. He's taking this whole charity/god/church thing to the bank.
As for Brock, drafting him makes it 100% certain we will not end up with landry jones. Thank god/tebow for that. (I'll thank Elway)
omfg...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #21
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

There is no I in Tebow. There is only We if you mix the letters up a little.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
I do agree with this post. I do not think Tebow is a bad person but I do believe he is very conscience about his brand. He knows his whole marketability is from his golley gee personality and his God fanaticism. WHen his playing career is done Tebow will make piles and piles of cash from these things. He will make tons more money after his career is over. It would help a little more if he could do a few special things in N.Y., which personally i think he is going to have a good year and N.Y. will be a wild card team.

Maybe Denver will knock them out of the playoffs
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I do agree with this post. I do not think Tebow is a bad person but I do believe he is very conscience about his brand. He knows his whole marketability is from his golley gee personality and his God fanaticism. WHen his playing career is done Tebow will make piles and piles of cash from these things. He will make tons more money after his career is over. It would help a little more if he could do a few special things in N.Y., which personally i think he is going to have a good year and N.Y. will be a wild card team.Maybe Denver will knock them out of the playoffs
orton > sanchez and Tebow can outplay both of them. If that D comes back to life and they let the Tebow Train roll, they could easily make a playoff run