The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Compter Model Predicts Denver to go 12-4

http://espn.go.com/nfl/photos/galler...on-projections

and finish 2nd in the AFC West?

Has scores of every game for every team. Pretty interesting stuff.

EDIT: It is outrageus but interesting. After all its a computer and they do not use logic only data.

Last edited by Bacchus; 09-01-2012 at 01:18 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 567
Default

i wouldnt complain. i would like to kno what 'data' they actually use for that tho...i just see 2 nerds in a basement somewhere playing the 10,000 games they 'simulate' to get all these weird ass stats
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer
 
Lycan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,475
Default

If the Chargers go 13-3 I will eat every freaking hat I own. Which is 2.

I reserve the option to deep-fry the hats.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/photos/galler...on-projections

and finish 2nd in the AFC West?

Has scores of every game for every team. Pretty interesting stuff.

EDIT: It is outrageus but interesting. After all its a computer and they do not use logic only data.

Just when is logic something allowed on OM..

lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
If the Chargers go 13-3 I will eat every freaking hat I own. Which is 2.

I reserve the option to deep-fry the hats.
They must have changed coaches and not told anyone..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
They must have changed coaches and not told anyone..
That is exactly what I mean. Computers don't have any numbers to tell them how big of an idiot a coach is!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is exactly what I mean. Computers don't have any numbers to tell them how big of an idiot a coach is!!
Y'all have to remember I live 800 miles away from DEN and get zero input about the broncos except from forums. Yall have n advantage of seeing the local shows, sports and radio programs I do not get.. Not to mention all the morons here can talk about is the cowgirls and texans.

I'm in Germany right now and there is NADA although I just heard the ND is playing USNA in Dublin in thirty minutes I doubt if I can find a station to even watch that..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #8
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
If the Chargers go 13-3 I will eat every freaking hat I own. Which is 2.

I reserve the option to deep-fry the hats.
Me too. I think SD will compete for the toilet bowl of the AFC West.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Me too. I think SD will compete for the toilet bowl of the AFC West.
To much talent for that I suspect it will be OAK. They seems to be in the state casious. .
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
If the Chargers go 13-3 I will eat every freaking hat I own. Which is 2.
I reserve the option to deep-fry the hats.
After me!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,010

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/photos/galler...on-projections

and finish 2nd in the AFC West?

Has scores of every game for every team. Pretty interesting stuff.

EDIT: It is outrageus but interesting. After all its a computer and they do not use logic only data.
How do you have time to post this crap when you are playing Madden and doing your fantasy football drafts?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How do you have time to post this crap when you are playing Madden and doing your fantasy football drafts?
I do not play Madden or have a FF draft. Actually I am signed up for a FF draft but I will be going to a Def Leppard concert while it is going on so I guess the computer will pick for me.

I have lots of time because I mostly work from hom unless something violent happens and I have to leave.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The Chargers going 13-3 and the Broncos going 12-4 both seem like unlikely scenarios. Especially the Charger part. They're less talented than they've been in the past, and in the past they've struggled to top .500 most years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How do you have time to post this crap when you are playing Madden and doing your fantasy football drafts?
Whatever you say ya old fart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Well what bothers me is the computer shows us holding only 3 opponents under 20 points....I think our defense will do better than that.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #16
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer
 
Lycan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I do not play Madden or have a FF draft. Actually I am signed up for a FF draft but I will be going to a Def Leppard concert while it is going on so I guess the computer will pick for me.

I have lots of time because I mostly work from hom unless something violent happens and I have to leave.
?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Denver Broncos