The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default Kiszla: Cut Hanie

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...e-hit-pavement

---

I was partial to keeping him around for his experience, and he is certainly the 2nd best QB on the roster, but is he good enough to win us any games if Peyton goes down?

Here's a good quote from the article:

Quote:
If honest, even Broncomaniacs who hold a grudge against former coach Josh McDaniels would have to admit: Running back Knowshon Moreno is a better football player than Hanie. At age 36, linebacker Keith Brooking is a health risk. But with five appearances in the Pro Bowl, his resume trumps anything Hanie has done in the NFL.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

from IAOFM:

1:05pm ET - FWIW, Mark Kiszla can't see Denver keeping Caleb Hanie over Knowshon Moreno, Keith Brooking, or Malik Jackson. What Brooking's Pro Bowl selections - the last of which came after the 2005 season - have anything to do with this theoretical dilemma is beyond us.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'm leaning toward cutting Hanie and just going with Twilight. This will give Twilla all the remaining snaps in practice and he can follow Manning around like a kitten follows a leaky cow. If Manning goes down and the Broncos absolutely don't want to play Twilla then they can always pick up a journeyman QB like Hanie or whoever. It's not like Hanie is gonna be on another team.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'm leaning toward cutting Hanie and just going with Twilight. This will give Twilla all the remaining snaps in practice and he can follow Manning around like a kitten follows a leaky cow. If Manning goes down and the Broncos absolutely don't want to play Twilla then they can always pick up a journeyman QB like Hanie or whoever. It's not like Hanie is gonna be on another team.
I agree with this. If Manning goes down, the season is over. Hanie couldn't save the Bears, and I don't think he would do any better here.

If you are going to spend a second round pick on a developmental QB you may as well chuck him in the fire.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
I agree with this. If Manning goes down, the season is over. Hanie couldn't save the Bears, and I don't think he would do any better here.

If you are going to spend a second round pick on a developmental QB you may as well chuck him in the fire.
It is not over if Manning goes down for a half or two games or whatever. Denver needs to find a back up that can win a couple of games in a pinch.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

We need the room for other positions cut Hanie, there is no plan B!
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
uplink
Ring of Famer

Many of the cut QBs could be a better choice than Hannie. Brock could be the primary backup until the new QB picks up the basics of the offense.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Weber is head and shoulders better than Hanie, I can't see any reason not to cut Hanie
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
uplink
Ring of Famer

Many of the cut QBs could be a better choice than Hannie. Brock could be the primary backup until the new QB picks up the basics of the offense.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

To me it isnt that Hanie so terrible that I would cut him (he is), rather too much depth at other positions i would rather keep.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
from IAOFM:

1:05pm ET - FWIW, Mark Kiszla can't see Denver keeping Caleb Hanie over Knowshon Moreno, Keith Brooking, or Malik Jackson. What Brooking's Pro Bowl selections - the last of which came after the 2005 season - have anything to do with this theoretical dilemma is beyond us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bear View Post

bronco militia You're taking way more than a word or two, and this approaches infringing on my work. I'm glad to have other Broncos fans enjoying the articles, but the reality is that you have to come to our site to read them. Anything else is less than appropriate (and less than legal). If you want to borrow a couple of words and add your own content, that's fine, as long as you attribute it. Taking this much of my piece without my permission and posting it verbatim is NOT acceptable behavior and borders on plagiarism. I'd hate to have a beef with you, so please cease and desist on taking that much of my work without my permission.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
manchambo
Ring of Famer

My concern with cutting Hanie is this. If Peyton goes out for a couple of games and Osweiler fills in it will be fine, and maybe even good for the kid. If on the other hand Peyton is knocked out for the season, the whole season goes down the tubes, and Osweiler is thrown in there to take the heat for it, it could seriously impede his development. I'd much prefer see Hanie take that hit and let Osweiler have a full season to develop without playing.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
jerseyboiler120

Weber has played better than Hanie, but keeping Hanie protects Brock from mhaving to be thrown to the wolves if the unthinkable happens. If Hanie's cut, the only way to keep Brock from getting tossed into the fire would be to send in Weber. But that would knock Brock's confidence more than if he was thrown in and failed, IMHO. Why not cut Weber?
Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Eat **** bronco rob..I posted the source and put it in italics. Doc bear or tj can PM me personaly if they have problem. What you did was closer to plagerism.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
My concern with cutting Hanie is this. If Peyton goes out for a couple of games and Osweiler fills in it will be fine, and maybe even good for the kid. If on the other hand Peyton is knocked out for the season, the whole season goes down the tubes, and Osweiler is thrown in there to take the heat for it, it could seriously impede his development. I'd much prefer see Hanie take that hit and let Osweiler have a full season to develop without playing.
There is no plan B!
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
uplink
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...b-room-behind/

Should replace Hannie with Rosenfels or McNown (cut by Bears), if they want a decent vet QB at #2 instead of Brock.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Elway cited Hanie's "experience" as a reason to keep him...what, his experience at sucking? What is wrong with a capable backup?
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Eat **** bronco rob..I posted the source and put it in italics. Doc bear or tj can PM me personaly if they have problem. What you did was closer to plagerism.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 PM   #19
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Funny he would call you out when he is Mr. Cut n Paste this side of Dragondawg.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

We are keeping Haine so our Defense can practice Ints
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post