The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Goodell not welcome in Miami restaurant owned by D.J. (and Vilma, Beason)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-d-j-williams/

Discuss.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
lolcopter

Goodell is a clown and a moron who is ruining this league. Seriously, these games in London have to stop. This league will never go international you chump, so stop wastin resources and valuable home games to teams by making them travel so far. Even if it is the crappy Jags, they deserve to have real home games

In summary, that's awesome he's not welcome. Dude is a compete chump
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

don't forget that Goodell is the mouthpiece for the owners. Pat Bowlen x 32= a lot of drunks with a lot of cash
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Goodell is a clown and a moron who is ruining this league. Seriously, these games in London have to stop. This league will never go international you chump, so stop wastin resources and valuable home games to teams by making them travel so far. Even if it is the crappy Jags, they deserve to have real home games

Not that I'm a Goodell fan, but I do disagree with this statement. No one goes to see them in Jacksonville and at least the UK games tend to sell out.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

Please,

you have to professionals that have been busted for DUI, Substances, and in a bounty scam that act like immature children but you side with them?

Goodell has limited games in London and takes a team where they can't sell out their home games (Jaguars) and moves them to a place they can. That's not being a chump, that's a smart business plan.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Please,

you have to professionals that have been busted for DUI, Substances, and in a bounty scam that act like immature children but you side with them?

Goodell has limited games in London and takes a team where they can't sell out their home games (Jaguars) and moves them to a place they can. That's not being a chump, that's a smart business plan.
first of all I'm not siding with the players so much as I'm going against goodell

And I fail to see how it's smart business trying to export a game that has little international appeal when maybe instead you could be focusing on improving morale and attendance on your own turf. Not to mention the costs of sending both teams thousands of miles across the ocean, loss of time, jet lag, negatively impacting the overall quality of play

**** the UK imo. It's a stupid idea which may have had some merit when there was an NFL Europe, but right now it's nothing more than a publicity stunt and a gimmick

Last edited by lolcopter; 08-22-2012 at 07:17 AM..
Old 08-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
don't forget that Goodell is the mouthpiece for the owners. Pat Bowlen x 32= a lot of drunks with a lot of cash
Sounds like just the kind of crew you'd expect to show up for dinner and drinks at Brother Jimmy's BBQ in South Florida.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
first of all I'm not siding with the players so much as I'm going against goodell

And I fail to see his it's smart business trying to export a game that has little international appeal when maybe instead you could be focusing on improving morale and attendance on your own turf. Not to mention the costs of sending both teams thousands of miles across the ocean, loss of time, jet lag, negatively impacting the overall quality of play

**** the UK imo. It's a stupid idea which may have had some merit when there was an NFL Europe, but right now it's nothing more than a publicity stunt and a gimmick
it has little international appeal because it doenst have much international presence you dope. thats why they are sending games over there.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
it has little international appeal because it doenst have much international presence you dope. thats why they are sending games over there.
Because a couple games a season is really gonna boost interest. Despite the fact that international basketball and baseball seem to be doing just fine without gimmicks like this

American football will always be a uniquely American sport. Let the rest of the world play soccer, because even if the interest was there they couldn't compete with the product the NFL puts out today

Last edited by lolcopter; 08-22-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sounds like just the kind of crew you'd expect to show up for dinner and drinks at Brother Jimmy's BBQ in South Florida.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Because a couple games a season is really gonna boost interest. Despite the fact that international basketball and baseball seem to be doing just fine without gimmicks like this

American football will always be a uniquely American sport. Let the rest of the world play soccer, because even if the interest was there they couldn't compete with the product the NFL puts out today
It already has, this is not a quick outcome. It is a long term investment.

If the NFL makes $1.50 if the Jaguars play a home game in FL and makes $3.50 in a sold out stadium in London, you can see the appeal. Factor in the the exposure that game generates to the NFL lead to increased out of country $ spent on merchandise and DirectTV type game feeds.

The NBA has global marketing appeal and generate tons of revenue from overseas. The NFL is a business and Goodell is tapping into a new revenue stream. It's a smart business plan.....
Old 08-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

Considering that teams like the Jags and Rams can sell out a stadium bigger than the ones they play in in the States at highly inflated ticket prices, your argument is bull****.

That is funny you should bring up basketball and baseball, as both the NBA and MLB have significantly smaller sales and following in Europe than the NFL does.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That is funny you should bring up basketball and baseball, as both the NBA and MLB have significantly smaller sales and following in Europe than the NFL does.
Source?

And I said international, not Europe (which the UK is not btw). Both of those American sports have gained wide appeal worldwide without shipping regular seasons games abroad, and have produced competitive teams and players from a wide variety of countries
Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #14
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I'd prefer we go back to doing international preseason games.

I hate the idea of taking away a team's home game, even if they make more money on those. Take away the home preseason game and that appeals to season ticket holders who could save a few hundred bucks.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #15
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I'd prefer we go back to doing international preseason games.

I hate the idea of taking away a team's home game, even if they make more money on those. Take away the home preseason game and that appeals to season ticket holders who could save a few hundred bucks.
This at least makes sense and doesn't put any team at a competitive disadvantage
Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Sounds like a "top shelf" restaurant.

Let's see, they probably pee in the lemonade, and pay the bus boys to tackle people that don't clean up their tables.

Dj and Vilma deserve each other, morons.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Jay3

I like Goodell, and I support the way he runs this league.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #18
Stuck in Cali

Stupid. Obviously they didn't think this through. We know that's normal for DJ.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
Stuck in Cali

Double post, sorry.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

That will teach him a lesson. They aren't f#%king around.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #22
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Good.
you are such an ass hat....
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

pencil me in as a Goodell fan!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #24
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Nothing says 'take me seriously, i'm a pro' like becoming a petulant child. Whether you back Goodell or not, this is a childish stunt reflective of a 2nd grader, but alas, I am not surprised who is pulling this.

I'm sure Goodell will take his money and LARGE tip elsewhere, not that he'd stop in to dine at that dive.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #25
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Talk about potential business plans... DJ and Vilma combined have the smarts of an infant. Atleast they will have plenty of time to "run" their restaurant with the time off they both have.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote