The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #26
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

I think some people fail to grasp how utterly screwed this team is if Willis gets hurt for any significant time. Honestly, it's time to stop dicking around and get an elite back to help Manning out. MJD 1A and Willis McGahee as 1B would be deadly.

For the record I think Hillman will be an excellent speed back, but we're at preseason game # 3 and he's yet to take the field. Moreno combines the elusiveness of Sammy Winder and the power of Gerald Willhite, with a sprinkle of injury prone and criminal behavior sprinkled in. Ball is a special teams player and the rest of these guys wouldn't make a practice squad on any other team in the league.

For this to work, Denver has to play with leads and pound the ball when necessary. We're not going to win with a 36-year-old QB throwing the ball 45 or 50 times a game.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 359
Default

THIS IS A BRAND NEW REVELATION!!!
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Not sure I'd trade a 1st for MJD. Wonder if the Jags would want DJ Williams instead?
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,450

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Yes he is a good back, everyone knows that. Not the piece to put this team over the top.
We need an MLB BAD but landing MGD would allow us to grind out games and play clock.

I would love to see it happen but I doubt it will. He will likely end up just sitting out a couple weeks of the season then end up going back before it impacts his retirement or what ever it is that gets impacted.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think some people fail to grasp how utterly screwed this team is if Willis gets hurt for any significant time. Honestly, it's time to stop dicking around and get an elite back to help Manning out. MJD 1A and Willis McGahee as 1B would be deadly.

For the record I think Hillman will be an excellent speed back, but we're at preseason game # 3 and he's yet to take the field. Moreno combines the elusiveness of Sammy Winder and the power of Gerald Willhite, with a sprinkle of injury prone and criminal behavior sprinkled in. Ball is a special teams player and the rest of these guys wouldn't make a practice squad on any other team in the league.

For this to work, Denver has to play with leads and pound the ball when necessary. We're not going to win with a 36-year-old QB throwing the ball 45 or 50 times a game.


Sometimes I question if you guys actually watch the NFL or if you just sit around and theorize about it without seeing it.

This offense makes it so you don't have to have the best back in the league. The defense respects the pass and that is why the backs have high per carry average. Manning spreads defenses out. Average backs look great taking the occasional hand-off for nice gains.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #31
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We need an MLB BAD but landing MGD would allow us to grind out games and play clock.

I would love to see it happen but I doubt it will. He will likely end up just sitting out a couple weeks of the season then end up going back before it impacts his retirement or what ever it is that gets impacted.
Bet you he ends up with the Jets or Giants.

Why should Denver let the Giants get Drew thus making them the SB favorites. I think they have won enough SBs lately.

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-21-2012 at 07:24 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #32
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

notice it said MJD is open to being traded, not that the jags are open to trading him.

anyway...
@realfreemancbs
I'm told, specifically, that for the moment, no (expletive deleted) way the Jaguars are trading MJD.

edit:
posted about 30s ago, relevant (but i dont think for us)
@JasonColeYahoo
Several teams are circling MJD-Jags situation to see if a trade might happen. If this gets any uglier, have to think there's a chance.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Sometimes I question if you guys actually watch the NFL or if you just sit around and theorize about it without seeing it.

This offense makes it so you don't have to have the best back in the league. The defense respects the pass and that is why the backs have high per carry average. Manning spreads defenses out. Average backs look great taking the occasional hand-off for nice gains.
Ok, now put the best back in the NFL behind Manning and what do you have??

Teams would actually pile the LOS to stop the run leaving Manning with easy pickings all day long!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,667
Default

There is a lot of risk with him. You're going to give up a LOT to get him, and he's carried the ball a CRAZY number of times the last few years. When does he break down?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
There is a lot of risk with him. You're going to give up a LOT to get him, and he's carried the ball a CRAZY number of times the last few years. When does he break down?
let me answer this for you: right after he signs a mega deal, that's when.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #36
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,504
Default

Yeah, sure, lets throw draft picks and money at a position we don't need, when we have an unproven, highly picked rookie in the mix.
Lets just forget how awful we looked against the run, how our LB's are "trash" aside from Von Miller. How our depth on the OL is garbage.
The Saints have Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram and Chris Ivory. Most likely one of them will be cut, probably Ivory. Not a bad RB pickup if needed.
Personally, I think we are fine at RB, as long as we cut Ball.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #37
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
There is a lot of risk with him. You're going to give up a LOT to get him, and he's carried the ball a CRAZY number of times the last few years. When does he break down?
He breaks down four years from now when Manning does. He led the NFL in rushing last year so I think we are pretty safe in saying he has three years left.

Can we get some Meth Jones-Drew karma?

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-21-2012 at 07:28 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #38
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Ok, now put the best back in the NFL behind Manning and what do you have??

Teams would actually pile the LOS to stop the run leaving Manning with easy pickings all day long!

GTFOOH

Teams stack the line and leave the receivers one on one?? Not to one of the best passers the NFL has ever seen. I don't care if Barry Sanders is back there. Manning is gonna be Manning.

MacG will have a huge year.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,450

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Bet you he ends up with the Jets or Giants.

Why should Denver let the Giants get Drew thus making them the SB favorites. I think they have won enough SBs lately.
Belly would find a way to trade for him, he would probably end up with MGD and the Jag's 1st round pick the way he pulls off trades.

I don't really think he is going anywhere. When the Jags announce it and the trade is done then I will believe it. I would love to have him though.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #40
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
GTFOOH

Teams stack the line and leave the receivers one on one?? Not to one of the best passers the NFL has ever seen. I don't care if Barry Sanders is back there. Manning is gonna be Manning.
Than Jones will rush for 2,000 yards.

He ran for over 1,600 yards last year with Blaine Gabbert at QB! He also averaged 4.7 YPC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #41
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Than Jones will rush for 2,000 yards.

He ran for over 1,600 yards last year with Blaine Gabbert at QB! He also averaged 4.7 YPC.
I love MJD. Problem is he is a Luxury. First rounder has to be spent on a position of need. We have plenty positions of need on the defensive side of the ball.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #42
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm sure he is open to a trade but are the Jags? Probably not.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #43
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

He is worth a 1st in my book. Id value him above any other rb in the league right now cause the 1-2 guys that are better than him cant stay healthy like he does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #44
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,163
Default

I'm all in. Do it Elway.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #45
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,450

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
I love MJD. Problem is he is a Luxury. First rounder has to be spent on a position of need. We have plenty positions of need on the defensive side of the ball.
when you think about it we really only need to find a stud MLB next year, I think our DL will be much better with the Methhound pick and Uriein(SP?) showing flashes.

If we give up a 2nd and maybe a low 2014 pick or package KM somehow we could still find an MLB next year and have some flexibility to move up and get a guy or stay put and fill a hole or draft a BPA in the other rounds. If you think about it outside of LB the next draft could be the BPA draft we need to get some playmakers.

The more I think about it the more I think we should move KM, it would give him a fresh start and give up some value in return. The dude hasn't looked very good so far in the PS. Unless they are hiding some great plays they are going to use him in the passing game that they haven't shown. I don't think KM is going to suddenly turn into a patient RB with great vision who makes one cut and is gone. He likes to dance and get bit by turf monsters and stuff.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #46
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Sometimes I question if you guys actually watch the NFL or if you just sit around and theorize about it without seeing it.

This offense makes it so you don't have to have the best back in the league. The defense respects the pass and that is why the backs have high per carry average. Manning spreads defenses out. Average backs look great taking the occasional hand-off for nice gains.
I watch a ton of football. . . as much as anybody here. The Denver Manning offense is not going to be the exact same offense as the Indy Manning offense. Yes, we'll see the the no-huddle and the crossing routes and the stretch plays when a defense drops 7 or 8 into coverage, but Peyton isn't going to be able to rip the ball 40, 45, 50 times per game anymore. Particularly early in the season, he's going to have to rely more on the running game than he ever has before. Even Fox has talked about how the running game is going to be emphasized more, even with some two RB sets. And to be honest, after Willis we don't even have "average" backs on the roster. We have an unknown rookie 3rd round draft pick, Saucy and camp fodder.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #47
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,661
Default

It's true...after McGahee, we have very little in terms of reliable, skillful RB's. Sure, there are guys that have shown flashes here and there, but every team has those. We have no idea what Hillman is capable of.

MJD is a freaking stud, plain and simple. He's one of my favorite RB's. But as others have said, he would be a very expensive luxury. Is he worth it, with so many other positions of need? I don't know...but I don't see any stud LB's or safeties being offered up for trade at the moment (not saying that MJD is even available). But what I do know is that having Manning and MJD lining up together in the same backfield would be SICK! And if Demaryius develops into what I think he's capable of, finally pairing some receiving skill with his already freakish athletic ability...Jesus we would have half of the AFC Pro Bowl offensive starters lining up for us on every possession!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,450

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
It's true...after McGahee, we have very little in terms of reliable, skillful RB's. Sure, there are guys that have shown flashes here and there, but every team has those. We have no idea what Hillman is capable of.

MJD is a freaking stud, plain and simple. He's one of my favorite RB's. But as others have said, he would be a very expensive luxury. Is he worth it, with so many other positions of need? I don't know...but I don't see any stud LB's or safeties being offered up for trade at the moment (not saying that MJD is even available). But what I do know is that having Manning and MJD lining up together in the same backfield would be SICK! And if Demaryius develops into what I think he's capable of, finally pairing some receiving skill with his already freakish athletic ability...Jesus we would have half of the AFC Pro Bowl offensive starters lining up for us on every possession!
It would be like the AFC version of duh bears!

Oh what could have been if Bowlen didn't fire Shanny...

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #49
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

I'm down with this.

I know it's cliche', but MJD could rip off 2k in our system. And I mean that, as sincerely as possible.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #50
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,503

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Sorry if this has been said. But we could get him for Tebow straight up.....................................if we still had him.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Denver Broncos