The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Random thoughts from the game.

Manning looked a little rusty but overall good. I did not see any problem with ball speed, although you can tell all the talk has been bothering him because you could really see him trying to put the heat on it. He should have had a T.D. that one was 100 % the WR fault.

All the talk about the O and the D is where its going to be at this year. They are going to be a real beast this year.

I don't think Peyton and Beybey are on the same page at all. I hope they can find a way to click.

Our running game seemed to be a little lacking, didn't look like the holes where there like last week.

Brock look bad but that could have been because he had zero time.

Caldwell took a huge hit, hope he is ok

Ayers seems to be trying and he looks like he could have a break out year this year or next.

Overall there was a weird funk on this game from the start. It's preseason still but I think we have a chance at something special this year. One of manning drives was for 80 yards and our O was unstoppable. If that is any indication of what we will look like by game 3 or 4 there is no one in this division that will stop us.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

raj... raj.... raj....
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

• Manning looks good. He's coming along great. He had a few overthrows. That may have been nerves, but the fact that he's not underthrowing is fantastic.
  • Man-Ram is filling in well at guard. Kuper should fill in for Beadles when he get's back.
  • There were some unfortunate drops. Hopefully we work that out.
  • I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the coaching staff sees in Lance Ball.
  • The Seahags seemed to playing dirty. Not really sure why...
  • Good to see the presure on from Von Doom.
  • Methwolfe and Malik Jackson keep geting better. That is encouragin.
  • Our linebackers are bad. That is going to be a problem.
  • The second half felt like a typical game we'd lose at home. Especially with us having everything bottled up and then the QB breaks the sack, runs for a first down, or throws it away into the hands of the receiver. That was really aggravating to watch.
  • Props to everyone who wanted Robert Turbin.
  • Britton Colquitt is the bomb.
  • Watching Manning run the hurry up was glorious.
  • The issues with the replacement officials are starting to manifest - and not just in our game...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

OL looked okay in pass pro, dreadful in run blocking.

Knowshon didn't get too many chances, writing on the wall or pitch count?

Receivers not on the same page with Manning... To be expected, especially the first game with no huddle.

Doom, Miller, Wolfe, Warren and Mays played well. Champ great in coverage.

Still not sold on Rahim Moore. Bad habits when tackling still there. Nearly knocked himself out putting his head down to try and make a tackle. I hope Jim Leonard can play!

Woodyard a weak link. Need to make a trade for a WLB and a RB2!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How could you forget:

ORANGE!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'd like to add a RB WR KR/PR WLB
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

[[*]The issues with the replacement officials are starting to manifest - and not just in our game...[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Man that one drive they held Miller twice and both would have been a sacks doom once and then finally called holding on the chickens tackle after that. That may have been the worst officiating drive I have ever seen.

Oh and how many times are you going to let that O-lineman 76 I think headbutt our guys before chucking him to the parking lot. The last time he did it they said his number and he did but did not penalize him for it. It was kinda like "Oh well"
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
  • Manning looks good. He's coming along great. He had a few overthrows. That may have been nerves, but the fact that he's not underthrowing is fantastic.
  • Man-Ram is filling in well at guard. Kuper should fill in for Beadles when he get's back.
  • I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the coaching staff sees in Lance Ball.
  • The second half felt like a typical game we'd lose at home. Especially with us having everything bottled up and then the QB breaks the sack, runs for a first down, or throws it away into the hands of the receiver. That was really aggravating to watch.
  • The issues with the replacement officials are starting to manifest - and not just in our game...
I'm about where you are on all of that. The officials are garbage. I loved both Robert Turbin and Bernard Pierce. Wolf (I refuse to use that lame term meth) is looking solid. Mays, for every nice play there is a missed tackle or bad angle taken. Doom is looking great. He was held on 2 or 3 plays actually. Champ, what else can you say, the dude still has it. Chris Harris is another guy I have been big on and I think he will be a starting CB by year end. Ball, just not sold on this guy. He's decent but nothing special.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Did Knowshawn get hurt ? I think I only saw him play like 3 or 4 plays. What's up with Hillman ? and Ball ? I just don't get it.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

1. Ramirez played awesome last preseason, and he's outplaying Beadles and Walton this preseason. He really should be starting.

I went to TC last year as well, and Ramirez was tearing it up. I think he is solid starter material at this point.

"Man-Ram" isn't exactly an appropriate nickname, though

2. I hope they don't give up on Moreno because of Ball.

Ball seems to be a pretty intense player, but it really doesn't translate to production. He catches the ball well out of the backfield, but not as good as Moreno, and he did make a pretty good block preventing a safety on Osweiler.

Still, Moreno has a higher ceiling.

3. JDR might get these guys to play beyond their potential.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 08-18-2012 at 11:41 PM..
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
extralife
Ring of Famer

I think it's pretty **** that we don't run the Indy stretch play

DT still can't really run routes

Moreno might get cut
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hillman's hamstring is hurt. That is an injury you absolutely cannot rush back from.

Ball plays special teams and is a hard worker. The coaching staff seems to like him. He is a solid player but will never be anything more than a RB2 or RB3, nothing special about him.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #13
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
1. Ramirez played awesome last preseason, and he's outplaying Beadles and Walton this preseason. He really should be starting.

I went to TC last year as well, and Ramirez was tearing it up. I think he is solid starter material at this point.

"Man-Ram" isn't exactly an appropriate nickname, though

2. I hope they don't give up on Moreno because of Ball.

Ball seems to be a pretty intense player, but it really doesn't translate to production. He catches the ball well out of the backfield, but not as good as Moreno, and he did make a pretty good block preventing a safety on Osweiler.

Still, Moreno has a higher ceiling.

3. JDR might get these guys to play beyond their potential.
I've always defended Moreno but he just doesn't show anything promising. He can't just run north to south, he always has to dance. I just don't see it clicking for him.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #14
pricejj
jungle

Offense:
1. Once again opened the game in '122' personnel, although majority of plays were in the '113' set.
2. No-huddle looked great.
3. 1st team Offense did a much better job of running the ball consistently (which was a major point of emphasis going into the game...it will be tough sledding against the 49ers).
4. If Gronkowski makes the team, it will only be for special situations (goal line, etc.) as I expected...<5 plays per game. Too bad we can't coach up Tamme for FB to save the roster spot.
5. Saw Manning 'talking' to DT for pulling up on the go route. DT responded nicely with a few good catches in the 2 minute drive to end the half.
6. Stokley is going to be a big part of this Offense. I expect him to get 40-50 balls this year.
7. ManRam did a great job filling in for Kuper.
8. Liking Walton more now, not sure why. OL overall was awesome.
9. Ball had a couple nice catches, the fumble was ridiculous...didn't see enough out of any other backs.

Defense:
1. Looked very soft against the run initially, but shored it up decently.
2. Not sure I like Derek Wolfe playing every snap on Defense yet. Ayers should be starting LDE (with Wolfe playing on the inside more). Wolfe fighting off the double-team for the tackle on 3rd down was cat-quick.
3. Warren tossed an OL to the right, tossed an OL to the left, and met the RB for minimal gain. Man among boys.
4. Moore is cutting down on the major mistakes.
5. Mays CANNOT let RB's run through his arm tackles (I give him a little bit of cred in pass coverage)
6. Thank god for Champ Bailey
7. Chris Harris saved us a couple times.
8. Woodyard was invisible. Going to be tough without D.J. Can Brooking still play?
9. We need a PR badly, but it's going to be tough for Leonhard to make this team if he never plays. It would be a mistake to cut Bruton.

The backups (including Os) blow chunks.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #15
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinejjm View Post
OL looked okay in pass pro, dreadful in run blocking.

The first team or 2nd team?

I thought the first team was great in both areas tonight. Mcgahee had a few great holes.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #16
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Could this possibly be partially because of "sour grapes" in that they would have liked to have been players in the "Manning Sweepstakes" and were summarily dismissed? Another possible factor: they used to be in our division and we've historically owned them. My personal observation (living here in Seahawk territory) is that the Broncos are still generally perceived as the Seahawks' rivals; perhaps even moreso than the Rams, Cardinals, or 9'ers.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
My personal observation (living here in Seahawk territory) is that the Broncos are still generally perceived as the Seahawks' rivals; perhaps even moreso than the Rams, Cardinals, or 9'ers.
poor saps
Old 08-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #18
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The thing that makes me nervous is that our depth seems terribly lacking.

The starters looked pretty good, minus some terrible coverage and gap errors, but the back-ups seem lost, and I'm not talking about QB specifically, although Hanie absolutely sucks, and yes, I know he didn't get any snaps tonight, thank God..

I agree the LB's are a serious weakness in that defense. I know Del Rio is a great defensive guy, so I am hoping he can cover that up in some way.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #19
ol#7

I am just glad hat we finally are getting to see some red zone INT's, been missing that since the Cutler trade.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #20
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
poor saps
There are some pretty intense rivalries in the AFC West... and the Seahawks were in the AFCW for more years than they've been in the NFCW. And admit it... if an NFL re-alignment moved the Broncos into a different division, you'd still intensely dislike the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers. We all would.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #21
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
There are some pretty intense rivalries in the AFC West... and the Seahawks were in the AFCW for more years than they've been in the NFCW. And admit it... if an NFL re-alignment moved the Broncos into a different division, you'd still intensely dislike the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers. We all would.
Yes, but, I feel the seahawks fabricated rivalries. You have to actually compete with someone to be their rival.
Doggcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #22
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

I'm not sure how we can credit Von Miller for getting pressure on the QB while at the same time condemning the overall LB play. Von Miller is a LB, is he not? Therefore, ESPECIALLY as a #2 overall pick, he needs to excel at more than just a pass rusher. Unless we line him up as a DE, then he needs to be expected to do more than rush the passer. Crappy LB play? Then some of that falls on Miller! Sorry Von...you need to be able to cover the TE and tackle rushers and do all the other things that elite LB's are expected top do. You CANNOT be a one-trick pony!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #23
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Yes, but, I feel the seahawks fabricated rivalries. You have to actually compete with someone to be their rival.
They were actually more competitive with the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs than the Chargers were for most of the years they were in the AFCW (Bolts are the only AFC West team that has a losing record head-to-head vs. the Seahawks).

Seahawks head-to-head vs:

Broncos: 18 - 34
Chiefs: 18 - 32
Raiders: 23 - 28
Chargers: 26 - 23

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm

Edited to add: Just noticed that no team in the NFL has beaten the Seahawks more times than our 34... so if they had a "chip on their shoulder" tonight, perhaps that could be why.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Offense:
1. Once again opened the game in '122' personnel, although majority of plays were in the '113' set.
2. No-huddle looked great.
3. 1st team Offense did a much better job of running the ball consistently (which was a major point of emphasis going into the game...it will be tough sledding against the 49ers).
4. If Gronkowski makes the team, it will only be for special situations (goal line, etc.) as I expected...<5 plays per game. Too bad we can't coach up Tamme for FB to save the roster spot.
5. Saw Manning 'talking' to DT for pulling up on the go route. DT responded nicely with a few good catches in the 2 minute drive to end the half.
6. Stokley is going to be a big part of this Offense. I expect him to get 40-50 balls this year.
7. ManRam did a great job filling in for Kuper.
8. Liking Walton more now, not sure why. OL overall was awesome.
9. Ball had a couple nice catches, the fumble was ridiculous...didn't see enough out of any other backs.

Defense:
1. Looked very soft against the run initially, but shored it up decently.
2. Not sure I like Derek Wolfe playing every snap on Defense yet. Ayers should be starting LDE (with Wolfe playing on the inside more). Wolfe fighting off the double-team for the tackle on 3rd down was cat-quick.
3. Warren tossed an OL to the right, tossed an OL to the left, and met the RB for minimal gain. Man among boys.
4. Moore is cutting down on the major mistakes.
5. Mays CANNOT let RB's run through his arm tackles (I give him a little bit of cred in pass coverage)
6. Thank god for Champ Bailey
7. Chris Harris saved us a couple times.
8. Woodyard was invisible. Going to be tough without D.J. Can Brooking still play?
9. We need a PR badly, but it's going to be tough for Leonhard to make this team if he never plays. It would be a mistake to cut Bruton.

The backups (including Os) blow chunks.

That Ball fumble WAS super pathetic. I can understand if a back is running and somebody from behind lunges and comes down on the ball perfectly knocking it free or if it's a big time hit. No excuse to run into your OL and then let some dude just rip it free when you can see it coming.

On a side note - did you see McGahee tip toe through to the endzone. That was special. Love how he runs. Didn't stop and try to run another direction or hesitate. Keep those feet moving and don't lose your momentum. He's one helluva runner.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #25
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There are some pretty intense rivalries in the AFC West...
and the seahawks were involved in exactly zero of them