The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default Wolfman is starting LDE

From 104.3 the FAN (Wednesday's practice):

1. Wolfman is now the starting LDE.
2. Jeremy Beal is the new backup LDE (which I like).
3. Ayers spelled Elvis Dumervil on 2nd team (he played RDE at Tennessee).
4. Manny Ramirez stayed in at RG, with Franklin at RT (Franklin at RT to stay).

From IAOFM.com (Tuesday's practice):

1. Broncos having a lot of success, and running no-huddle with '12' personnel (Decker, DT, Tamme, Dreessen, McCahee). Changing the formation every play, with Tamme sometimes lining up at FB.
2. Also ran some '21' personnel (w/ Gronkowski) in 9-on-7's interior running plays...not a lot of success. Interior OL is suspect run blocking (just as we saw pre-Tebow).

Last edited by pricejj; 08-15-2012 at 05:19 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,907
Default

I think we can officially welcome Ayers to bustville now
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Never heard of Wolfman.

Dude's gonna lose his job to the MethWolfe anyway.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,442
Default

So Wolfe is being moved to DE? I didn't see the first game, is that where he played then as well?
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Never heard of Wolfman.

Dude's gonna lose his job to the MethWolfe anyway.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Von Miller dubbed him Wolfman.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think we can officially welcome Ayers to bustville now
I don't think so, I like Ayers at RDE...it's the same position he played in college. On obvious rushing situations maybe he can come in for Dumervil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
So Wolfe is being moved to DE? I didn't see the first game, is that where he played then as well?
Wolfe was placed at 2nd team LDE on the first depth chart. JDR has always said that he will play at DE on running downs and DT on passing downs.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Von Miller dubbed him Wolfman.
The MethWolfe Alliance dubbed him MethWolfe
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The MethWolfe Alliance dubbed him MethWolfe
Good luck with that.

Von Miller says Wolfman...I say Wolfman.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
Cackalacky B
Just Drafted
 
Cackalacky B's Avatar
 
NC's biggest Bronco fan

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 22

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Franklin still at RT? I was hoping he would move to guard and Harris would step up and play RT.

What happened to Harris anyway? Is he just a big pile of FAIL? He was never the same after he initially got hurt?
Cackalacky B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,084

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Good luck with that.

Von Miller says Wolfman...I say Wolfman.
Do you ask how high when he says jump too?

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-15-2012 at 06:08 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Why move Ayers to the pass rush side when all he is good at is run stuffing?

MethWolfe is Breaking Bad for Ayers.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cackalacky B View Post
Franklin still at RT? I was hoping he would move to guard and Harris would step up and play RT.
Not happening. Today's practice confirms that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Why move Ayers to the pass rush side when all he is good at is run stuffing?
You're right...they should have Beal at RDE and Ayers at LDE. Who knows...both of Ayers sacks against the Steelers came on the weakside, so there's that.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
....
You're right...they should have Beal at RDE and Ayers at LDE. Who knows...both of Ayers sacks against the Steelers came on the weakside, so there's that.
Maybe they are hoping Beal forces the QB to run into Ayers, isn't that how Ayers got one of those sacks?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
Cackalacky B
Just Drafted
 
Cackalacky B's Avatar
 
NC's biggest Bronco fan

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 22

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Maybe they are hoping Beal forces the QB to run into Ayers, isn't that how Ayers got one of those sacks?
Yes and he celebrated like it was 1999.
Cackalacky B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,949

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

The Wolfman is sliding through the darkness. His yellow eyes seek prey. His teeth gleam in the moon light. Quarterbacks beware! Ask not for whom the bell tolls...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

MethWolfe has only 1 speed and that is.....AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The Wolfman is sliding through the darkness. His yellow eyes seek prey. His teeth gleam in the moon light. Quarterbacks beware! Ask not for whom the bell tolls...
it tolls for thee?!?!?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Why move Ayers to the pass rush side when all he is good at is run stuffing?

MethWolfe is Breaking Bad for Ayers.
I'd assume the concept is to get Doom off the field on obvious running downs. For that job Ayers is a good fit. He's strong against the run and is comfortable as a RDE.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

I think our dline could actually be a strength of the team this yr. Go figure.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
From 104.3 the FAN (Wednesday's practice):

1. Wolfman is now the starting LDE.
2. Jeremy Beal is the new backup LDE (which I like).
3. Ayers spelled Elvis Dumervil on 2nd team (he played RDE at Tennessee).
4. Manny Ramirez stayed in at RG, with Franklin at RT (Franklin at RT to stay).

From IAOFM.com (Tuesday's practice):

1. Broncos having a lot of success, and running no-huddle with '12' personnel (Decker, DT, Tamme, Dreessen, McCahee). Changing the formation every play, with Tamme sometimes lining up at FB.
2. Also ran some '21' personnel (w/ Gronkowski) in 9-on-7's interior running plays...not a lot of success. Interior OL is suspect run blocking (just as we saw pre-Tebow).
Wow, for some reason this post really excites me!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Good luck with that.

Von Miller says Wolfman...I say Wolfman.
Oh look, something ELSE you like to copy.

Big shocker here.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Never heard of Wolfman.

Dude's gonna lose his job to the MethWolfe anyway.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Honestly I'm pretty proud that I used my 30,000th post on a MethWolfe reference.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Honestly I'm pretty proud that I used my 30,000th post on a MethWolfe reference.
Ggrief rev...take my account over and get me to 10k. 30k is like a national meth network.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think we can officially welcome Ayers to bustville now
Not even close ... there's more to defensive play than just QB sacks, you know. Just ask Barney Chavous:


. . . .

"Hello, my name is Barney Chavous. I started 13 seasons at LDE for
the Denver Broncos, and my job was never in danger.

It might surprise you to know that I had just 23 sacks in all that time.
Strangely enough, all 23 of them came in just my last four seasons. Go
figure. Just goes to show you there's more to playin' defense than just
sackin' the quarterback.

Glad I could help.
"





Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Manny Ramirez stayed in at RG, with Franklin at RT (Franklin at RT to stay).
To stay? Tad overstated seems to me.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 08-15-2012 at 07:10 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Ggrief rev...take my account over and get me to 10k. 30k is like a national meth network.
You cant trick me into making you look smarter, my friend
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Denver Broncos