The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #201
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pretty sure DJ and Tamba were beasts last year, and Houston looked awesome at the end. That's what their job is. But you don't know anything about the 3-4. I don't blame you.
How come the all time sack leader in the NFL played in a 3-4 for almost all of his career? Again you know nothing about schemes.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #202
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
How come the all time sack leader in the NFL played in a 3-4 for almost all of his career? Again you know nothing about schemes.
So one player...ONE player having great success as a pass rusher in the 3-4 mean that every player should be him? Got it.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #203
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
"In general, ideal front-seven players in the 3–4 are bigger and need to take on and defeat blocks more often in the running game."

" 3–4 defensive ends were usually defensive tackles (DTs) when entering at first. They must be strong at the point of attack and are aligned in most cases head-up on an offensive tackle. First and foremost, they must control run gaps. Size and strength become more of a factor for linemen in 3–4 defenses than in 4–3 defenses because they move primarily within the confines of line play and seldom are in space using athletic ability. Ideally 3–4 DEs should weigh 285–300 pounds (129–140 kg) and be able to beat double teams by getting a push.[8] The 3–4 nose tackle is considered the most physically demanding position in football.[9] His primary responsibility is to control the “A” gaps, the two openings between the center and guards, and not get pushed back into his linebackers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3–4_defense

No wait wait the DL are all supposed to be Jared Allen and get 22 sacks each!!
Let's expand on your article. According to former general manager Randy Mueller, “the 3–4 defensive end is easier to identify and find when it comes to scouting and acquiring personnel,” while 4–3 DEs “are rare and hard to find and therefore very expensive to keep. There is no question that speed pass rushers are very much an impact position on the football field and their cap numbers reflect that. On the other hand, 3–4 defensive ends can be found easier and are much less expensive when it comes to ‘cap dollars’.”[8]

That makes a lot of sense for KC to tie up millions of dollars in one trick pony's.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #204
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
OP here. My point was that a high 1st round draft pick is 3rd sting, is an obvious bad sign since 1st round draft picks (outside of the QB position) are 99.9% of the time expected to start. Players in much later rounds such as the 4th on are considered developmental projects.

You are still a 'tard. Always and forever. Amen.
BJ Raji was taken top 10. Started 1 game. Aldon Smith high first round pick. Didn't start. Shall I continue?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #205
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
So one player...ONE player having great success as a pass rusher in the 3-4 mean that every player should be him? Got it.
No the fact that you think all 3-4 schemes are the same shows what a moron you are.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #206
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Let's expand on your article. According to former general manager Randy Mueller, “the 3–4 defensive end is easier to identify and find when it comes to scouting and acquiring personnel,” while 4–3 DEs “are rare and hard to find and therefore very expensive to keep. There is no question that speed pass rushers are very much an impact position on the football field and their cap numbers reflect that. On the other hand, 3–4 defensive ends can be found easier and are much less expensive when it comes to ‘cap dollars’.”[8]

That makes a lot of sense for KC to tie up millions of dollars in one trick pony's.
And look at the situation the Chiefs were in. Just went to a 3-4 and had no proven DE's for the system (Dorsey was a complete unknown and played DT in the 4-3 his whole career). Jackson was by far the best option in a very weak class of 3-4 DE's.

Love how you guys claim he's a bust. He looks pretty damn good compared to the rest of the top 10 picks. Aaron Curry (who experts said we should have drafted) was cut, Maybin cut, Heyward-Bey has been lackluster, same for Crabtree, Eugene Monroe sucks, Sanchez is vastly overrated, Andre Smith sucks, and Jason Smith was replaced by Barry Richardson this week. That's right, you heard me....Barry Richardson, the worst RT in the NFL last year.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #207
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No the fact that you think all 3-4 schemes are the same shows what a moron you are.
Hypocrisy at its finest.The fact that KC's scheme doesn't have to have the DE's pile up 10 sacks is the point I'm making, but yet you and everyone else think it is.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #208
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
4 yard push into the backfield and tipped pass
funny animated gif

Poe taking up a double team leaving Hali one-on-one resulting in Hali pressure and an INT.

that pass was tipped by Hali and Poe got stoned on that other play. He is stopped right where Sendlein engages him. If you played football you would realize you shuffle back a little when pass protecting.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #209
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
that pass was tipped by Hali and Poe got stoned on that other play. He is stopped right where Sendlein engages him. If you played football you would realize you shuffle back a little when pass protecting.
It was tipped by both of them. And I love how you can't understand what is really going on in the 2nd pic.

Forcing a double team to get your elite pass rusher in man-to-man blocking=win every time. That's a QB pressure 75% of the time and we saw how that play ended (in an INT)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #210
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Hypocrisy at its finest.The fact that KC's scheme doesn't have to have the DE's pile up 10 sacks is the point I'm making, but yet you and everyone else think it is.
I haven't said that what I have said though is you don't take a one trick pony at #3 in the draft. I have disputed your claim that 3-4 DE's don't get sacks. 10 of them had 5 plus last year. Jackson will never live up to his price and production. He is one of the highest paid at his position but the only one trick pony up there. I realize KC plays a 2 gap system. This guy was drafted to be Seymour or Warren and he will never be.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
KC schemes around sacks!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #212
dictionary

Quote:
BJ Raji was taken top 10. Started 1 game. Aldon Smith high first round pick. Didn't start. Shall I continue?
Something something something definition of insanity something something.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #213
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I haven't said that what I have said though is you don't take a one trick pony at #3 in the draft. I have disputed your claim that 3-4 DE's don't get sacks. 10 of them had 5 plus last year. Jackson will never live up to his price and production. He is one of the highest paid at his position but the only one trick pony up there. I realize KC plays a 2 gap system.
Look KC pays the DE's to stop the run and blow at rushing the passer, which is fine because they pay the OLB's to rush the passer and blow at stopping the run. Only foolish teams would pay players to be good at doing mutiple things!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #214
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
That's a QB pressure 75% of the time and we saw how that play ended (in an INT)
Why didn't you post the whole video of it? Right because it's cherry picked.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #215
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

If you look up "pushed back and stood straight up" in the dictionary" I pretty sure there is an image of that 2nd Poe picture.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #216
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
If you look up "pushed back and stood straight up" in the dictionary" I pretty sure there is an image of that 2nd Poe picture.
Dictionary here. Found a picture of a very small penis--similar to a lightswitch.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #217
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...F-9980D758521B

Q: Does he come out of the game on passing downs?

TODD HALEY: “No, we look at Tyson as a three-down player and we actually think that he probably gains an advantage on third down if he moves inside and is over a guard. He’s got some pass rush skills, there is no doubt about it and that’s one of the things that excited the coaches about him. When you can take advantage of some match-ups inside it may really help him and us.”

Uh oh, someone better call the KC front office quick and let them know 3-4 linemen arent supposed to have pass rushing skills

Or better yet let them know that Jackson sucks at generating pressure since it was apparently something that "excited the coaches about him"
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #218
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
And there it is!!!! If you actually watched the game then you would have known Arizona kept their first team offense in the game for several drives into the middle of the 2nd quarter.

You didn't watch the game. Just admit it dude. It's not a big deal.
Owned again. Just getting around to the proof. You make this too easy village whipping boy.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208...43&tab=analyze Notice run is on the same side as 92 is lining up. Oh yeah the second string DL pushed his fat A$$ 5 yards down field resulting in 67 yd td.

Another beauty Poe blown back 2 yards and pancaked. You said earlier in the thread that I didn't watch the game because I said he was pancaked by #2 OL of the Cardinals. Proof again.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208...enu=highlights

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 08-17-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #219
dictionary

Quote:
Owned again. Just getting around to the proof. You make this too easy village whipping boy.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208...43&tab=analyze Notice run is on the same side as 92 is lining up. Oh yeah the second string DL pushed his fat A$$ 5 yards down field resulting in 67 yd td.

Another beauty Poe blown back 2 yards and pancaked. You said earlier in the thread that I didn't watch the game because I said he was pancaked by #2 OL of the Cardinals. Proof again.

I disagree. I cannot in good faith, agree that those are highlights...
Old 08-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #220
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why didn't you post the whole video of it? Right because it's cherry picked.
How is this cherry picked? Are you implying it didn't result in an INT?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #221
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I've said this entire thread that Poe doesn't have the technique down at all against the run. He's playing in passing situations most of the time.

I also said he's made bad plays along with good. What don't you understand about that?

But continue to cherry pick only his bad plays, then say I'm cherry picking.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #222
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
How is this cherry picked? Are you implying it didn't result in an INT?
Because skelton bailed the pocket instead of just stepping up from outside pressure to where Poe was. Poe was getting stoned. instead he runs wildly and tosses an offbalanced throw to a covered wr. That int was on him. Post whole video. Poe did nothing on that play. I only Hope Manning has that much time and that big of a pocket because KC will be picked apart like he did to Denver in every playoff game.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #223
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Because skelton bailed the pocket instead of just stepping up from outside pressure to where Poe was. Poe was getting stoned. instead he runs wildly and tosses an offbalanced throw to a covered wr. That int was on him. Post whole video. Poe did nothing on that play. I only Hope Manning has that much time and that big of a pocket because KC will be picked apart like he did to Denver in every playoff game.
Again you don't understand anything. Poe forced the double team which gave Tamba a one-on-one matchup with the OT. The INT was because Tamba got pressure on Skelton.

Poe forcing the double team set Tamba up to make the play.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #224
Bacchus

Quote:
I've said this entire thread that Poe doesn't have the technique down at all against the run. He's playing in passing situations most of the time.

I also said he's made bad plays along with good. What don't you understand about that?

But continue to cherry pick only his bad plays, then say I'm cherry picking.
It's funny that you say he can't play the run yet he only had one sack his final year at Memphis. It doesn't look like he can play the pass either.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #225
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
It's funny that you say he can't play the run yet he only had one sack his final year at Memphis. It doesn't look like he can play the pass either.
Kinda hard when you're the only good player on your team, you're tripled teamed every play, and you play against mostly spread offense's that get the ball away quickly after the snap.