The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #176
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Did POE have any sacks ? if so i missed it...........?

Wolfe had a couple for us and was a constant nuisance.

BTW what did I tell ya about Hillis ? 4/44 and a td

gonna more outa him that scatback boy.............

Manning was dead on target every pass but one............

you guys are toast...................
In 1 NFL preseason game? Manning also had no TD's, an INT, and another near INT off a tipped pass. Guess that means he sucks by your standards.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #177
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
In 1 NFL preseason game? Manning also had no TD's, an INT, and another near INT off a tipped pass. Guess that means he sucks by your standards.
well heh our guy did something,,,,,,did yours ?

three tipped passes but they were on target even though that darn lb got in the way............ha point being he is his old self
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #178
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You could not be more of a dumbass. Yards per rush attempt is the proper way of deciding rush defense, not yards given up. Of course KC gave up more yards than the #1 rush yards allowed total (Saints) did. Teams ran the ball on KC almost 200 more times.

But let me guess, the Saints were a way better rush defense because they gave up less total rush yards despite KC having 508 rush attempts on them compared to the Saints 351. New Orleans gave up 5.0 yards per rush average compared to KC's 4.2.

But yeah the Saints are definitely better there.
Spin spin spin. Saints rush D did suck you retard. That doesn't mean yours didn't!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #179
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Spin spin spin. Saints rush D did suck you retard. That doesn't mean yours didn't!
Teams ran the ball on the 49ers only 353 times. Teams ran the ball on KC 508 times. If teams ran the ball on the Chiefs 353 times, KC would have given up 1483 yards, which would have been.....you guessed it....3rd in the NFL.

But I guess by that theory, KC's secondary was way better than yours last year with Eric Berry gone. Guess Champ didn't do that much last year huh? Your logic not mine!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #180
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Guess you're right DBronco. Preseason means everything! Hell the Browns beat the Packers 35-10! Guess that means the Browns are better than the Packers right?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #181
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ok Stud, Denvers run D was .1 yard per attempt better then KC. Convince me that Denver had a good run D.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #182
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Guess you're right DBronco. Preseason means everything! Hell the Browns beat the Packers 35-10! Guess that means the Browns are better than the Packers right?
Show one post about me claiming preseason means something!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #183
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
I would look under statistics+'find all DBroncos4life posts' - but Taco John's ****ty server keeps timing out.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #184
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

just know I'm on your case buddy & tomorrow when this server works, I'm going to serve you over a chikfila biscuit sipping a warm cup of joe.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #185
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Go back to the OP and read on. A player is 3rd string in preseason. Preseason!
Love how you forget to point out that Poe is starting on all passing downs, roughly 70% of the defensive lineup this year.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #186
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ok Stud, Denvers run D was .1 yard per attempt better then KC. Convince me that Denver had a good run D.
Brodrick Bunkley. Nuff said. And now he's gone.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #187
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Love how you forget to point out that Poe is starting on all passing downs, roughly 70% of the defensive lineup this year.
He sucked before he got to the NFL.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #188
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Brodrick Bunkley. Nuff said. And now he's gone.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #189
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So what other DL was stopping the run? We sure as hell know Dumbassvile sucks at it. Ayers isn't much better. Warren was hurt. Not real hard to see he was a rock for you guys last year.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #190
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He sucked before he got to the NFL.
Lol put Poe on Alabama's defense and he's a top 5 pick. Dude was triple teamed in college every play, played every down, had a new scheme to learn every year, and played all over the DL and still looked good enough to scouts. He was being talked about as a late first round pick before the combine. It's not like he was a 7th round player who rose up because of the combine.

Last edited by KCStud; 08-17-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #191
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THESE LIES! HE WAS ABOUT TO BE CUT YESTERDAY!

Chiefs feel good about Dontari Poe
August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
12:30
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND3TWEET33COMMENTS672EMAILPRINT
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- One of the first impressions I have gotten from the Kansas City Chiefs' training camp is that Dontari Poe hasnít been a disappointment to the team.

There have been some indications that the No. 11 overall pick in the April is behind the curve or hasnít lived up to expectations.

The truth is, Poe has been in the Chiefsí training camp for less than three weeks. The early returns are not dire, according to several folks with the team I have talked to. The team is actually pleased with the progress the massive defensive tackle is making.

I think a part of the issue is that Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel is being measured with his words about Poe. Make no mistake, however, Crennel hasnít been critical.

Crennelís theme when asked about Poeís progress is that he has a lot to work to do. Itís true. He is a rookie. Rookies have a lot to work to do. Remember, Crennel is an old-school coach. He comes from the Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick mold. These guys have never been known to pump up players just to do so.

Rookies have to earn praise. Thatís the approach Crennel has always taken. He always will.

But the key to Crennelís words about Poe is that he is working hard and he wants to improve. For a player who was questioned about his motivation, that is a positive sign. We donít know if Poe will be a good player or not. Itís only August 14. But rest assured, the Chiefs have zero buyerís remorse on Poe. They think he is on pace to become a productive player.

He just isnít one yet. Nor is any rookie in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ut-dontari-poe

Last edited by KCStud; 08-17-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #192
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THESE LIES! HE WAS ABOUT TO BE CUT YESTERDAY!

Chiefs feel good about Dontari Poe
August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
12:30
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND3TWEET33COMMENTS672EMAILPRINT
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- One of the first impressions I have gotten from the Kansas City Chiefs' training camp is that Dontari Poe hasnít been a disappointment to the team.

There have been some indications that the No. 11 overall pick in the April is behind the curve or hasnít lived up to expectations.

The truth is, Poe has been in the Chiefsí training camp for less than three weeks. The early returns are not dire, according to several folks with the team I have talked to. The team is actually pleased with the progress the massive defensive tackle is making.

I think a part of the issue is that Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel is being measured with his words about Poe. Make no mistake, however, Crennel hasnít been critical.

Crennelís theme when asked about Poeís progress is that he has a lot to work to do. Itís true. He is a rookie. Rookies have a lot to work to do. Remember, Crennel is an old-school coach. He comes from the Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick mold. These guys have never been known to pump up players just to do so.

Rookies have to earn praise. Thatís the approach Crennel has always taken. He always will.

But the key to Crennelís words about Poe is that he is working hard and he wants to improve. For a player who was questioned about his motivation, that is a positive sign. We donít know if Poe will be a good player or not. Itís only August 14. But rest assured, the Chiefs have zero buyerís remorse on Poe. They think he is on pace to become a productive player.

He just isnít one yet. Nor is any rookie in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ut-dontari-poe
Hmm that's weird every report I've read about Andrew Luck differs. They think he was quite productive. And yes I know we're talking about the #1 v. #11 pick however the quote was ANY
Old 08-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #193
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So what other DL was stopping the run? We sure as hell know Dumbassvile sucks at it. Ayers isn't much better. Warren was hurt. Not real hard to see he was a rock for you guys last year.
Ha ha do you know what % of snaps he played?
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #194
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Lol put Poe on Alabama's defense and he's a top 5 pick. Dude was triple teamed in college every play, played every down, had a new scheme to learn every year, and played all over the DL and still looked good enough to scouts. He was being talked about as a late first round pick before the combine. It's not like he was a 7th round player who rose up because of the combine.
If he was good enough he would have been on Alabama.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #195
DENVERDUI55

I like how KCPuD thinks all 3-4 schemes are 2 gap. He has no real knowledge just googles and posts what he Google.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #196
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

This thread is turning into another chiefs suck thread, i.e. KCPud getting owned all over the place. I seriously can't believe he keeps coming back. It actually makes me feel embarrassed for him.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #197
Bacchus

Quote:
So surround POE with great players and he will play better? wow, and you drafted him at #11. Don't you think your 11th selection should be the player making everyone else better? You know lifting the team?

He played at friggin Memphis and the dude was INVISIBLE!! You put him on Alabama and he does not even start and you take away his combine and he isn't even a 1st round pick.

This is what mystifies me. The combine is all about numbers you would think once NFL executives saw that Poe had arms like a T-rex his stock who have dropped. I guess KC got all gleary eyed from his other measuables. Anyway, I am thrilled KC took him because I kept reading Denver was interested if he fell that far.

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-17-2012 at 09:48 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #198
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
This thread is turning into another chiefs suck thread, i.e. KCPud getting owned all over the place. I seriously can't believe he keeps coming back. It actually makes me feel embarrassed for him.
In his eyes he is undefeated and KC has won the last 15 Super Bowls.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #199
dictionary

Quote:
OP here. My point was that a high 1st round draft pick is 3rd sting, is an obvious bad sign since 1st round draft picks (outside of the QB position) are 99.9% of the time expected to start. Players in much later rounds such as the 4th on are considered developmental projects.

You are still a 'tard. Always and forever. Amen.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #200
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
OP here. My point was that a high 1st round draft pick is 3rd sting, is an obvious bad sign since 1st round draft picks (outside of the QB position) are 99.9% of the time expected to start. Players in much later rounds such as the 4th on are considered developmental projects.

You are still a 'tard. Always and forever. Amen.
yep, you don't draft a guy #11 overall and expect him to sit on the pine. You draft that guy to make an immediate impact. It's no different than when kc drafted Jackson or Hali or Berry or whatever defensive player they draft in the first round, especially high in the first round.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote