The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Everyone knew that this pick was going take time. You expect him to be Vince Wilfork this year or something?

Poe is doing most of his work in the sub package, which is where he's needed right now.

All rookie 3-4 NT's need work. How many NT's have come into the league and dominated their first season? (Suh is not a NT btw)
He's learning how to be a doorstop.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #27
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I'm just glad your done crying about the draft. whatever gets you on board
Eh, I never cried about any of the choices. I actually like the choices Elway et al made. I find it amusing that all the hot air that most of the media made on the other DTs and gave the Broncos a bad draft grade.

And, thanks. I had been lurking too much and needed to get more involved.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
And if he gets sacks this year? What would your excuse be? Just curious
He did not get sacks at Memphis what in the world makes you think he'll get any in the NFL?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #29
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

CUT THAT MEAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How many NT's have come into the league and dominated their first season? (Suh is not a NT btw)
KC passed on one the year they reached for Tyson Jackson
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #30
Agamemnon

Call me crazy, but I tend to think a guy drafted that high should be such a physical force that, despite any rawness, he should probably be starting in the first week. Being relegated to third string is a joke.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #31
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

NT's take time to develop. However, dropping to 3rd string as the 11th pick sure as hell isn't a great sign, even for a NT.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #32
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

[IMG][/IMG]
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Everyone knew that this pick was going take time. You expect him to be Vince Wilfork this year or something?

Poe is doing most of his work in the sub package, which is where he's needed right now.

All rookie 3-4 NT's need work. How many NT's have come into the league and dominated their first season? (Suh is not a NT btw)
Marcell Dareus says hi.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
Agamemnon

Quote:

There's a pretty big gap between "dominating" and being a backup to a backup.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Call me crazy, but I tend to think a guy drafted that high should be such a physical force that, despite any rawness, he should probably be starting in the first week. Being relegated to third string is a joke.

Exactly no one drafts projects at #11 unless it is a QB. He is the exact opposite of Dumerville.

I'm telling you guys Poe's arms are so short he can't fight off any blocks. He looks like a friggin T-Rex out there!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
This.

Higher First rounders aren't supposed to be 3rd string. Ill give the benefit of the doubt since he's just starting, much like I did with Dorsey and Jackson. In the end it all looks bad for the chiefs.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #37
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Exactly no one drafts projects at #11 unless it is a QB. He is the exact opposite of Dumerville.

I'm telling you guys Poe's arms are so short he can't fight off any blocks. He looks like a friggin T-Rex out there!!!
Name:  poe goodell.png
Views: 527
Size:  149.5 KB
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #38
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
The gift that keeps on giving...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #39
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Marcell Dareus says hi.
Dareus wasn't a NT last year dumbass.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #40
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I love how the information is relegated onto the national media. Poe will be playing in the sub package, which Romeo ran about 60% of the time last year and will run more this year, since we obviously didn't against Tebow last year (heavy running team), but will this year in the two games against Manning (heavy throwing team).

He's playing passing downs because he has a lot of work to do against the run.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Dareus played a lot of NT I happen to watch a ton of Bills games since my fiance's family is lifelong Bills season ticket suite holders. You are the one who is clueless. They played a one gap 3-e4 scheme that is going to be very similar to the 4-3 under they will use this year. Dareus played the 1 technique which is a NT that lines up on the shoulder of the C. Now Dareus wasn't a 2 gap NT but not many people play that D but he did play a ton of 1 tech NT. He can play anywhere on the line unlike the workout warrior bust that KC drafted.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...icle729063.ece
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #42
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Yes he was dumbass.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #43
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Should I eat this elf?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #44
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Dareus played a lot of NT I happen to watch a ton of Bills games since my fiance's family is lifelong Bills season ticket suite holders. You are the one who is clueless. They played a one gap 3-e4 scheme that is going to be very similar to the 4-3 under they will use this year. Dareus played the 1 technique which is a NT that lines up on the shoulder of the C. Now Dareus wasn't a 2 gap NT but not many people play that D but he did play a ton of 1 tech NT. He can play anywhere on the line unlike the workout warrior bust that KC drafted.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...icle729063.ece
"Even when we played a 3-4, we were playing an under defense, which is a 4-3 concept," Williams said.

The "under" front puts the 3-technique defensive tackle in a great position to make plays, because he's usually seeing one-on-one blocking.

NT's go against 2 blockers every single play. Playing the NT position "part time" is not the same as playing it full time. Nice try.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
How the **** can you even log on.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #46
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Let us see why we shouldn't argue with KCStud.

1. KCStud makes an inaccurate and stupid statement such as:
Quote:
2. KCStud gets called out with facts - i.e. Dareus actually played a lot of NT and was moved to NT, since Kyle Williams (you know, the Bills NT last year) was injured, and had a breakout game at NT on October 30th against the Redskins.

3. KCStud moves the goalposts and insinuates the rest of us are idiots for not keeping up.
Quote:
Playing the NT position "part time" is not the same as playing it full time. Nice try.
4. KCStud doesn't realize he is an idiot.

5. One cannot argue that Dareus did not play NT last year because that is an incorrect statement. KCStud can. Thus, KCStud wins all arguments with stupidity.

Don't argue with idiots.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #47
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
"Even when we played a 3-4, we were playing an under defense, which is a 4-3 concept," Williams said.

The "under" front puts the 3-technique defensive tackle in a great position to make plays, because he's usually seeing one-on-one blocking.

NT's go against 2 blockers every single play. Playing the NT position "part time" is not the same as playing it full time. Nice try.
Your a clueless idiot that knows zero about football. I already explained it but since you can carry on a normal conversation I'll try ot again. You said Dareus didn't play NT which is 100 percent wrong. He started there til Williams got hurt then shifted him over. A 1 tech is a NT responsible for 1 gap. No he didn't play the 0 technique but he did play on the nose and quite well. How do you define NT? Your clueless and can't even talk football unless you use fantasy football stats. Go ahead change subject or put a spin on your dareous didn't play NT statement. What does Jay Ratliff play in Dallas since we are talking schemes?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Your a clueless idiot that knows zero about football. I already explained it but since you can carry on a normal conversation I'll try ot again. You said Dareus didn't play NT which is 100 percent wrong. He started there til Williams got hurt then shifted him over. A 1 tech is a NT responsible for 1 gap. No he didn't play the 0 technique but he did play on the nose and quite well. How do you define NT? Your clueless and can't even talk football unless you use fantasy football stats. Go ahead change subject or put a spin on your dareous didn't play NT statement. What does Jay Ratliff play in Dallas since we are talking schemes?
Don't feed the idiots, they won't realize they just ate and they'll become fat lardy gluttons who do nothing but gobble up the b.s., demanding more and more all the time.

BTW- great explanation of the NT position. It actually helps me.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #49
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So a player that plays in the NT position part time is the same as one that plays full time? C'mon man. Facing double teams every single play is brutal for any rookie entering the NFL. The Bills did a great job switching it up.

It amazes me that you didn't even watch the game and assume Poe did nothing. Watch the game. Houston's sack had DJ run straight through an open lane to the QB because Poe was taking up the G and C pushing them 3 yards back.
He also got a pass defended after driving the G back 4 yards into the pocket and using those "tiny" arms to bat the ball down.
Poe taking up double teams is meant to free other players to make plays. Perfect example Poe forcing the C and G to double him up leaving Tamba one-on-one with the OT. Most of the time Tamba is gonna get sacks/pressures if teams are stupid enough to put only an OT on him.

Just because he isn't starting doesn't mean he isn't gonna make an impact. BJ Raji only started 1 game his rookie season and played in a ton of pass rush situations. Hell people didn't like it that Aldon Smith was taken by the 49ers, then he didn't even start which made it worse. Look at what happened.

Last edited by KCStud; 08-14-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #50
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Ok. But seriously, we're talking about practice and preseason. I'm pretty sure this could be the coach trying motivate him to EARN his spot.

The broncos have done the exact same thing.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote