The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #351
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
But Methhead was good! He got a sack on the worst OL in the league the last 2 years!
Feel free to call it crystal meth. Derek calls it sugar.

Fear him.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #352
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He might be a serviceable player, but when he was drafted at #3 Bob was claiming he would be another Richard Seymour.
Well if it means all the same, Pioli shot down all the Seymour comparisons the day he was drafted.

I'll take a solid reliable veteran over nothing. It's astonishing that Barry Richardson, yes Barry "gateway to any QB" Richardson that was the worst ranked OT in the league last year, beat out Jason Smith.

Holy crap Sam Bradford is gonna get killed.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #353
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

when do the Broncos play their final preseason game, Saturday, Sunday??

So what is the collective viewpoint this week?

Preseaon matters...? -or- doesn't mean jack crap...?

What's the collective thinking upon the Mane w/ that, this week?
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #354
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And I love the Tyson Jackson hate. He was the best run stopping DE in the 3-4 last year.
And before you bring up BJ Raji, you might want to look at this which shows just how horrible of a season Raji had last year. He was the worst DT against the run.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nsive-linemen/

So yeah, it does look like Tyson Jackson was a good pick right now considering how well Tyson has looked and how the rest of how the top 10 played last year (except Stafford, who the team had absolutely no shot of drafting). No he's not worth #3 overall, but he is definitely not a bust by any means.
Bragging about how well a dude stops the run on the 26th run D is awesome.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #355
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post

Thursday.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #356
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

is Peyton playing at all, or entirely sidelined?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #357
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

long ass thread about a sad showing chef team................literally last game it couldn't have gone any worse.

Get a six pack and watch that sea/kc....you will laugh till you roll on the floor.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #358
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

in preseason you want to see your team bond and get some cohesion. the final score don't mean jack. you want to see if the guys you brought in are made for the NFL and can grasp what you are teaching them. you notice strengths and weaknesses jmo
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #359
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
you guys over in chorf land sound jaded as ****
Old 08-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #360
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well if it means all the same, Pioli shot down all the Seymour comparisons the day he was drafted.

I'll take a solid reliable veteran over nothing. It's astonishing that Barry Richardson, yes Barry "gateway to any QB" Richardson that was the worst ranked OT in the league last year, beat out Jason Smith.

Holy crap Sam Bradford is gonna get killed.
Jason smith is a bust of Mega proportions
Old 08-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #361
Jetland

Quote:
do you need a hug?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #362
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He might be a serviceable player, but when he was drafted at #3 Bob was claiming he would be another Richard Seymour.

from those stats looked like he was better then saymor.interesting also Marcus thomas was top ten.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #363
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bragging about how well a dude stops the run on the 26th run D is awesome.
What's even more awesome is your inability to read stats. If you did, you'd see KC was 14th.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #364
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
What's even more awesome is your inability to read stats. If you did, you'd see KC was 14th.
Um nope.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #365
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

well if you are a kc fan it's obvious that this preseason is meaningless. If you're a Broncos fan you look at game 3 and like what you see from the first team and are cautiously optimistic about the Broncos chances. This 4th preseason game is relatively meaningless outside of seeing how the bubble guys perform. There are always those guys that you root for, for example I'd like to see Steven Johnson make the team along with Ben Garland but other than that, there's not much to watch.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #366
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Um nope.
Let me guess, New Orleans was a better run defense than KC because they gave up less total rush yards, but yet gave up a much higher yards per carry average and teams ran the ball on them far less?

Your ignorance is laughable. But keep going. I'm entertained.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #367
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I doubt he takes any snaps. It's gonna be a lot of Osweiler and Weber IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #368
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Let me guess, New Orleans was a better run defense than KC because they gave up less total rush yards, but yet gave up a much higher yards per carry average and teams ran the ball on them far less?

Your ignorance is laughable. But keep going. I'm entertained.
Skewed stat. NO gave up chunks of yards when teams rushed against them when they played nickel D when they had huge leads. Keep thinking your D was awesome though.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #369
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Skewed stat. NO gave up chunks of yards when teams rushed against them when they played nickel D when they had huge leads. Keep thinking your D was awesome though.
And you think other teams haven't done that? Chiefs played in the nickel half the time last year!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #370
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
you guys over in chorf land sound jaded as ****
how is my question 'jaded?' - I was wondering if they were sidelining him due to it being the final PS game. Sorry i didn't include that in my original, or type it up on interwebb flash-cards, but you guys over HERE in Donkey land sound like you could use some reading "****ing" comprehension.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #371
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I doubt he takes any snaps. It's gonna be a lot of Osweiler and Weber IMHO.
Ty - Good Christ!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #372
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
well if you are a kc fan it's obvious that this preseason is meaningless. If you're a Broncos fan you look at game 3 and like what you see from the first team and are cautiously optimistic about the Broncos chances. This 4th preseason game is relatively meaningless outside of seeing how the bubble guys perform. There are always those guys that you root for, for example I'd like to see Steven Johnson make the team along with Ben Garland but other than that, there's not much to watch.
You all have scattered, covered, smothered & chunked your collection of thoughts of this preseason's importance, as well, I'll be happy to dig up at least ten examples of conflicting opinions on the importance of PS by/from the OM posters.

Last edited by Simply Red; 08-29-2012 at 06:57 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #373
dictionary

Quote:
You all have scattered, covered, smothered & chunked your collection of thoughts of this preseason's importance, as well, I'll be happy to dig up at least ten examples of conflicting opinions on the importance of PS by/from the OM posters.
I didnt know they had waffle house in KC. Good to know next time I'm slumming it.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #374
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
I didnt know they had waffle house in KC. Good to know next time I'm slumming it.
Yeah, well they do buddy! They also have over 300 in the Atlanta metro.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #375
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

Is the following what you are looking for:

Preseason mattered this year because it gave Manning time to get his timing down with his new offense and receiving corps.

The luxury of a full TC and PS this year allowed our O to gell and for PM to prove that he is healthy and can make all the throws he needs to in this league, even if he hasn't been able to consistently complete the deep ball. A contested ball down field is a tough pass to complete anyway for anyone and even harder for those who had to sit a year out. I think the deep passing game will get better as Manning gains confidence with his new, YOUNG, WR's.

I think PS this year has shown that PM can take a hit without setbacks the following day(s) and get back up and keep slinging it.

The highlight for us Bronco fans over here on the Mange, was the 3rd game of the year (even though Fox said they did not gameplan for it) where Peyton threw for like 15 of 17, 155 yards 2 TD's and a 3rd drive in a row that had a score (FG), we were up 3-0 before a Manning Pass to Bell was a big 3rd down conversion even though Peyton took a big hit, but he bounced back up and threw a TD to Decker. Then later he tossed another to Decker, with nice touch, and made it 17-ZIP.

Peyton went 10 of 12 for 122 and 2 TD's in limited action. Maybe if Peyton was playing under Belly for the Patsy's Belly might have kept him out there the entire game and running the score up into the 60 point range depending on how many times he decided to go for 2 after every Manning TD pass.

I believe the staff saw what they wanted to see of Manning in the 3rd game and pulled him, maybe if he struggled and went 19/34 and only 168 with a TD and another INT they might have kept him out there to get in sync with the O and even have him start the 2nd half but since Manning looked like the Manning of old and was scary good I believe they saw enough and moved on to see if it was worth keeping Hanie around or if they should move Osweiler up to 2nd.

I think in the 2nd horse race I might keep Haine around just because he can call the plays and get the team to the LOS. I think Haine will be a career BU, maybe a little worse than Orton but at least Haine can pull it down and go Tebow Time when he gets happy feet in the pocket. His mobility will help him out a little. Haine is good for at least 1 bad INT per game but he has shown he is good for at least 1 (or more if lucky) good drive per game.

I do feel a lot better seeing Manning (in person on Week 1 here in Chitown) play and not have any setbacks throwing. It will be an on going issue to keep his arm strength where it needs to be until the Nerve has totally regenerated but he is committed to getting better so I do not see him taking a few days of PT off then ending up with major pain in the throwing arm and being set backed for a couple weeks.

He has seemed to recover to the point where he can do just about anything he wants to do on the field at his age and experience, it will just be up to the receivers to stay with him and catch the balls. Plus PM will have a good run game to help him offset the blitz and keep D's honest.

The last game will be fun only to watch the depth players play and see if some dark horse can make the team with great play. I wonder if Os puts it together and has a great game this week if he doesn't get the 2nd QB spot sending Weber to PS (which will likely happen anyway) or if they just cut Haine and still move Weber to PS.

I will be watching Os, the LOS on both sides for us and LB depth as we may need an LB to push some starters for their jobs this year.

So to answer your question the long way It has been a good PS for us and we learned a lot about our team
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote