The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #276
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Attached Images

cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #277
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I guess rookies aren't supposed to struggle?

How about David DeCastro? The next Steve Hutchison was struggling against bigger DL all preseason. Guess he's gonna bust too. He might as well not come back next year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #278
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

How about David DeCastro? The next Steve Hutchison was struggling against bigger DL all preseason. Guess he's gonna bust too. He might as well not come back next year.
I was reading the Pittsburgh papers and DeCastro was starting unlike Poe. They also stated tht he was playing like a 5th year player. So it is good you can just make stuff up and pray no one calls you out on it.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #279
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

would love a link to this post. Was DeCastro playing with the first team? I know when he was injured he was playing with the first team offense.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #280
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
would love a link to this post. Was DeCastro playing with the first team? I know when he was injured he was playing with the first team offense.
you do realize that playing on passing downs is playing with the starters? Love how you guys act like Poe doesn't even play until the 2nd stringers come on the field.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #281
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I was reading the Pittsburgh papers and DeCastro was starting unlike Poe. They also stated tht he was playing like a 5th year player. So it is good you can just make stuff up and pray no one calls you out on it.
Yeah I'm sure "making stuff up"

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/david...steelers-camp/

David DeCastro struggling at Steelers camp
Aug8th
2012 Leave a Comment Written by Paul Jackiewicz

Getty Images
According to Jamison Hemsley of ESPN.com, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has been struggling in training camp so far.

“Perhaps the biggest disappointment of Steelers training camp has been the struggles of first-round pick David DeCastro,” wrote Hemsley

DeCastro told Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that he’s struggling with the physical part of the game right now.

“I talked to him the other day,” Roethlisberger told the TimesOnline.com. “I said, ‘How you doing? Evaluate yourself.’ “He said it’s different. I said what do you mean? He said it’s tough. I said what’s the tough part, the mental or the physical? He said, ‘The mental part I got. The physical is a lot tougher. These guys are really good.’”
Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #282
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure "making stuff up"

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/david...steelers-camp/

David DeCastro struggling at Steelers camp
Aug8th
2012 Leave a Comment Written by Paul Jackiewicz

Getty Images
According to Jamison Hemsley of ESPN.com, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has been struggling in training camp so far.

“Perhaps the biggest disappointment of Steelers training camp has been the struggles of first-round pick David DeCastro,” wrote Hemsley

DeCastro told Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that he’s struggling with the physical part of the game right now.

“I talked to him the other day,” Roethlisberger told the TimesOnline.com. “I said, ‘How you doing? Evaluate yourself.’ “He said it’s different. I said what do you mean? He said it’s tough. I said what’s the tough part, the mental or the physical? He said, ‘The mental part I got. The physical is a lot tougher. These guys are really good, except for Poe, he sucks.’”
fixed
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #283
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fixed
Thanks for taking the time to prove you have no point in the discussion.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #284
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Poe is to tackling as KCStud is to making a point
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #285
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

So Poe is finally "starting" when all the third and fourth string players "start" the last preaseson game?

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #286
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So Poe is finally "starting" when all the third and fourth string players "start" the last preaseson game?

That gif is almost as much of a fail as your avatar.

Btw-most of the the 3rd and 4th stringers are cut by now. Dumbass. Gaylore's brilliant football mind everybody.

Last edited by KCStud; 08-27-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #287
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25...king-some.html

"That’s not uncommon, even among first-round nose tackles. Vince Wilfork, seen nearly a decade later as the gold standard at his position, played only about half of the Patriots’ defensive snaps his rookie year. Raji started one game as a rookie in 2009 and participated in only 36 percent of the Packers’ snaps. In the two-gap 3-4 defense, even the most-hyped rookies need time to develop. And although Poe might have further to climb than those players, considering his inexperience — he played in 35 college games, compared with Raji’s 51 at Boston College — the Chiefs see a similar upside."

I guess Wilfork and Raji suck ass because they weren't starting from week 1 and dominating the league?

This board continues to crack me up. I bet most on this board don't even realize that Poe plays an entirely different position in an entirely different scheme than Methhead.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #288
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Don't forget to bump this thread in two years when Poe gets signed by Burger King to start at Shift Manager.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #289
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25...king-some.html

"That’s not uncommon, even among first-round nose tackles. Vince Wilfork, seen nearly a decade later as the gold standard at his position, played only about half of the Patriots’ defensive snaps his rookie year. Raji started one game as a rookie in 2009 and participated in only 36 percent of the Packers’ snaps. In the two-gap 3-4 defense, even the most-hyped rookies need time to develop. And although Poe might have further to climb than those players, considering his inexperience — he played in 35 college games, compared with Raji’s 51 at Boston College — the Chiefs see a similar upside."

I guess Wilfork and Raji suck ass because they weren't starting from week 1 and dominating the league?

This board continues to crack me up. I bet most on this board don't even realize that Poe plays an entirely different position in an entirely different scheme than Methhead.

Both of those guys were good in college. See the difference?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #290
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Don't forget to bump this thread in two years when Poe gets signed by Burger King to start at Shift Manager.
Didn't you say this about Tyson Jackson a few years back?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #291
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Didn't you say this about Tyson Jackson a few years back?
Tyson Jackson is well on his way to proving him right, if that's the case!
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #292
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Both of those guys were good in college. See the difference?
But yet they weren't good enough to start or play much in their rookie years?

BJ Raji didn't put up much better stats than Poe up to his Jr. year. Neither did Phil Taylor. Or Haloti Ngata.

Add to the fact that the guy was the only good player on the defense and played every defensive single snap of the season.

I'm not sure about his run stopping ability, but he's doing really well getting into the backfield and blocking passing lanes. That's encouraging for a rookie.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #293
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Tyson Jackson is well on his way to proving him right, if that's the case!
Fail.

The true value of Tyson Jackson
August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
5:40
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND26TWEET35COMMENTS502EMAILPRINT
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Tyson Jackson is maligned and probably will always be as long as he is with the Kansas City Chiefs. It goes with the territory of being a No. 3 overall pick.

Folks expect spectacular dividends from players drafted that high, but Jackson will never be spectacular. But he has been productive and is a big reason why the team's defense is expected to be one of the better units in the league.

The Chiefs value Jackson as one of the best run-stopping 3-4 defensive ends in the NFL. Yes, No. 3 picks should get sacks, but that’s not Jackson’s game. He has two sacks in three NFL seasons. The Chiefs will continue to get the brunt of their pass-rush from star Tamba Hali and youngster Justin Houston.

It's Jackson's job to halt the run and he does it well. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson had 38 defensive stops (characterized as tackles for an offensive failure on the play) in 2011. That total led the NFL in run stop frequency.

Kansas City defensive end Glenn Dorsey, the No. 5 overall pick in 2008, added 32. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson and Dorsey's totals were the highest in the NFL by 3-4 ends.

Like Jackson, Dorsey has been criticized for a being of high-pick bust. But these statistics and the Chiefs' improvement on the defensive front in the past year show these former high picks are making their presence felt.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #294
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Ok bozo...

Stub,

Poe, Dorsey and Jackson are all world, Hall of Fame worthy already at this point in their career's.

Feel better now?

What an ass clown.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #295
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Arguing that Poe is going to be the next Raji, Wilfork or Ngata simply because none of them lit up the league from day one is like saying anyone that drops out of college is going to be the next Bill Gates because he didn't finish either. It's a flawed argument. Period.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #296
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

lol we can only hope Poe becomes as "good" as Tyson Jackson
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #297
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Arguing that Poe is going to be the next Raji, Wilfork or Ngata simply because none of them lit up the league from day one is like saying anyone that drops out of college is going to be the next Bill Gates because he didn't finish either. It's a flawed argument. Period.
And saying he's gonna bust because he isn't lighting it up in his first training camp is like saying a freshman who got a D on his first test in college is going to fail out.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #298
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

KC Stiff...

Soooo I guess what you are telling us is that you are delighted that your top 15 draft choice is 3rd string? Yes You have no concerns that this might be a wasted draft choice? Please!!!

Could he develop sometime in the future? Not out of the question, but imho unlikely given his apparent character issues. No reports suggesting he is the hard working type.

The reality is that Wolfe is probably going to be a better selection taken in the second round. That is where things are now, and if I were a chiefs fan I would not be happy with the choice at this juncture.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #299
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
KC Stiff...

Soooo I guess what you are telling us is that you are delighted that your top 15 draft choice is 3rd string? Yes You have no concerns that this might be a wasted draft choice? Please!!!

Could he develop sometime in the future? Not out of the question, but imho unlikely given his apparent character issues. No reports suggesting he is the hard working type.

The reality is that Wolfe is probably going to be a better selection taken in the second round. That is where things are now, and if I were a chiefs fan I would not be happy with the choice at this juncture.
Character concerns? Not a hard worker? Like how he played every single defensive snap in college? Do you know how exhausting that is for a guy that big? He never complained either. He's also worked really hard in KC so far. He doesn't have character concerns.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #300
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

How exhausting is it for a DT to stand up and get blocked? Its not like he was chasing down QBs!!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote