The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #226
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
This thread is turning into another chiefs suck thread, i.e. KCPud getting owned all over the place. I seriously can't believe he keeps coming back. It actually makes me feel embarrassed for him.
You're delusional, AND a homer, fact is, KCStud is playing the posters like a Baldwin Grand.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #227
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Again you don't understand anything. Poe forced the double team which gave Tamba a one-on-one matchup with the OT. The INT was because Tamba got pressure on Skelton.

Poe forcing the double team set Tamba up to make the play.
Like I said u cherry picked a picture instead of the video. Any good QB or experienced would of stepped up and had no pressure. Poe was blocked by one backup OL and rest of the guys would of been out of the play. What do you no anyways you think all 3-4 are 2 gaps and changed subject in this thread 5 times. Poe is a workout warrior that does nothing great and was demoted to third string. Enjoy I sure do. Oh yeah post the whole video.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #228
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Like I said u cherry picked a picture instead of the video. Any good QB or experienced would of stepped up and had no pressure. Poe was blocked by one backup OL and rest of the guys would of been out of the play. What do you no anyways you think all 3-4 are 2 gaps and changed subject in this thread 5 times. Poe is a workout warrior that does nothing great and was demoted to third string. Enjoy I sure do. Oh yeah post the whole video.
He wasn't demoted haha. There's only been one depth chart smart guy.

Here's your vid. http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...ard-INT-return
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #229
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,297
Default

from little has been seen from this guy he looks to fit right in with the rest of KC's mediocre high round draft picks...............how much you paying that unproductive bunch anyway ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #230
TomServo
Ring of Famer
 
TomServo's Avatar
 
Dancing is Forbidden!

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,106
Default

Quote:
Knowshon was a consensus top 15 pick
and i was one of the dumbasses that bought into it. his talent can be bought in free agency. # 12? ive said on this board years back,, unless its earl freakin campbell, spending a 1st on a running back is pure stupidity.
what? Josh McD was the coach? Yah Pure stupidity
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #231
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
and i was one of the dumbasses that bought into it. his talent can be bought in free agency. # 12? ive said on this board years back,, unless its earl freakin campbell, spending a 1st on a running back is pure stupidity.
what? Josh McD was the coach? Yah Pure stupidity
A 4th on Lawernece Maroney may have been a bigger blunder for McDouche
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #232
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He wasn't demoted haha. There's only been one depth chart smart guy.

Here's your vid. http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...ard-INT-return
Perfect Poe getting his ass handed to him. You can't be dumb enough to think that a good qb wouldn't step up a yard or two and not be pressured. There was zero inside push.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #233
400HZ
Ring of Famer
 
400HZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,465

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Again you don't understand anything. Poe forced the double team which gave Tamba a one-on-one matchup with the OT. The INT was because Tamba got pressure on Skelton.

Poe forcing the double team set Tamba up to make the play.
How exactly did Poe "force" a double team there? Any 350 lb fatass could have done what he did there, which was come off the snap and get stoned.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #234
400HZ
Ring of Famer
 
400HZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,465

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli
Default

You usually don't need to spend a top 15 pick for that kind of action.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #235
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He wasn't demoted haha. There's only been one depth chart smart guy.

Here's your vid. http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...ard-INT-return
is Poe #92 in this vid?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #236
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
is Poe #92 in this vid?
Yep the guy getting his arse kicked failing around top heavy. KCPUD says this was a good play by him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #237
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
You're delusional, AND a homer, fact is, KCStud is playing the posters like a Baldwin Grand.
I disagree. He really is as dumb as he appears, hes not playing anyone... Check out the Chiefs Suck Thread if you want proof.

Looks like YOU are the delusional one... Thanks though.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #238
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Man this guy sucks ass. He has no potential at all!



KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #239
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You might wanna read this DUI55...

Kansas City’s Scheme
The Chiefs have been running a 3-4 scheme for the entirety of Jackson’s NFL career, and three of Dorsey’s four seasons, first under defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast, and then under Romeo Crennel as both DC and now head coach. While much of the league has been trending toward penetrating, aggressive defensive fronts, with more 3-4 defenses playing one-gap fronts, the Chiefs have maintained an old-school two-gap defense. This won’t surprise anybody who watched the way the Patriots played defense under Crennel, but it does swim against the stream in terms of how the rest of the league has been playing. The Patriots used to have big, stout two-gapping defensive linemen and then relied on the linebackers behind them to make plays, and the Chiefs today have been doing a pretty good job of emulating that defense.
New England had Ty Warren, who was for years one of the best run-stuffing 3-4 DEs as the lynchpin of that defense. It allowed their linebackers to make a name for themselves because they rarely had to deal with bodies coming at them. The Chiefs have been trying to get that kind of play from Dorsey and Jackson, and recently it has been working. As such, you have seen Pro-Bowl caliber seasons from Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, as well as impressive and promising performances from Justin Houston. Though often lost in coverage, even Jovan Belcher has been able to string together consistently strong play against the run because of the play in front of him.
It may not be the kind of play most people want to see from their high draft picks, but the Chiefs evidently value the ability to play a disciplined two-gap defense, and in that regard they seem to have done well in identifying players who can excel in one.

While it is often true that play against the run comes with no easy statistic to point to as proof of quality play, especially for players expected to maintain two gaps, there are stats Pro Football Focus keeps that the mainstream does not have access to. The problem with just looking at tackles, is that you have no way of knowing if that tackle came in the backfield for a loss, or 10 yards downfield after you were blown off the ball. In addition to tackles, we record defensive stops–tackles for an offensive failure on the play–and looking at those stops collected on run plays, Jackson and Dorsey each accounted for more than any other 3-4 end … including All-World stud, Justin Smith. Jackson tallied 38 while Dorsey earned 32 himself as they led the NFL at their position, and Jackson also led the league in Run Stop frequency.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #240
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Man this guy sucks ass. He has no potential at all!
After 3577 post you finally say something worth a ****.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #241
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

[QUOTE=DBroncos4life;3645712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Man this guy sucks ass. He has no potential at all!
QUOTE]

After 3577 post you finally say something worth a ****.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #242
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=KCStud;3645713]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

I like how Kc(F)uckcnugget MSpainted a hand where a cock is normally invading his dick garage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #243
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You might wanna read this DUI55...

Kansas City’s Scheme
The Chiefs have been running a 3-4 scheme for the entirety of Jackson’s NFL career, and three of Dorsey’s four seasons, first under defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast, and then under Romeo Crennel as both DC and now head coach. While much of the league has been trending toward penetrating, aggressive defensive fronts, with more 3-4 defenses playing one-gap fronts, the Chiefs have maintained an old-school two-gap defense. This won’t surprise anybody who watched the way the Patriots played defense under Crennel, but it does swim against the stream in terms of how the rest of the league has been playing. The Patriots used to have big, stout two-gapping defensive linemen and then relied on the linebackers behind them to make plays, and the Chiefs today have been doing a pretty good job of emulating that defense.
New England had Ty Warren, who was for years one of the best run-stuffing 3-4 DEs as the lynchpin of that defense. It allowed their linebackers to make a name for themselves because they rarely had to deal with bodies coming at them. The Chiefs have been trying to get that kind of play from Dorsey and Jackson, and recently it has been working. As such, you have seen Pro-Bowl caliber seasons from Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, as well as impressive and promising performances from Justin Houston. Though often lost in coverage, even Jovan Belcher has been able to string together consistently strong play against the run because of the play in front of him.
It may not be the kind of play most people want to see from their high draft picks, but the Chiefs evidently value the ability to play a disciplined two-gap defense, and in that regard they seem to have done well in identifying players who can excel in one.

While it is often true that play against the run comes with no easy statistic to point to as proof of quality play, especially for players expected to maintain two gaps, there are stats Pro Football Focus keeps that the mainstream does not have access to. The problem with just looking at tackles, is that you have no way of knowing if that tackle came in the backfield for a loss, or 10 yards downfield after you were blown off the ball. In addition to tackles, we record defensive stops–tackles for an offensive failure on the play–and looking at those stops collected on run plays, Jackson and Dorsey each accounted for more than any other 3-4 end … including All-World stud, Justin Smith. Jackson tallied 38 while Dorsey earned 32 himself as they led the NFL at their position, and Jackson also led the league in Run Stop frequency.
What is said here that I didn't say? Did I say KC runs a one gap 3-4? Your the one that said what rookie NT's make an impact. I shot that down. Wait turns out Poe isn't even playing the nose like you claimed and has been getting his arse kicked in the run game. Before this thread you thought all 3-4 schemes were the same until you repeatedly were made to look like the clueless idiot you are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #244
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What is said here that I didn't say? Did I say KC runs a one gap 3-4? Your the one that said what rookie NT's make an impact. I shot that down. Wait turns out Poe isn't even playing the nose like you claimed and has been getting his arse kicked in the run game. Before this thread you thought all 3-4 schemes were the same until you repeatedly were made to look like the clueless idiot you are.
You really have trouble reading. I've said multiple times in this thread that Poe is playing mostly DE on passing downs this year because he is in his first year learning the technique. He's got a long ways to go.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #245
chevy369
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
In the proud tradition of Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.




  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #246
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
You usually don't need to spend a top 15 pick for that kind of action.
ESPN OCHO!

.........




DODGEBALL!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #247
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

[QUOTE=dictionary;3645728]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

I like how Kc(F)uckcnugget MSpainted a hand where a cock is normally invading his dick garage.
"Dick garage". That is one I haven't heard that before.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #248
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Man this guy sucks ass. He has no potential at all!



What caliber of players was he doing that against? Future cuts or 1st string starters?
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #249
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
What caliber of players was he doing that against? Future cuts or 1st string starters?
Starters
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #250
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

chefs suck
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Denver Broncos