The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine
Default Hard Knocks - Miami Dolphins (WARNING: Thread contains pictures of attractive women!)

Anybody watching this?

I still think it's great television. I'd both love and hate it to be about the Broncos, someday.

Thoughts about the first episode?

-Jeff Ireland is so not likable. And every time he speaks, I picture him saying, "So, tell me about your mom being a prostitute."

-Every scene with Chad Johnson is painful, knowing what's on the horizon for him. But it's high on the unintentional comedy scale. He's a complete train wreck!

-I have to wonder if Braylon Edwards wasn't signed because he didn't remember having met Jeff Ireland during his draft interviews, and Jeff Ireland was offended. And then, Ireland asked him to name someone in his past that would have really positive things to say about him, and Edwards said Rex Ryan. Ireland smugly replied, "Well, I'm not calling Rex Ryan." You get the sense that Ireland SO wants to be a guy of whom people say, "That Jeff Ireland - he's a big personality; but I respect him." What people who meet him most commonly seem to say is, "That Jeff Ireland - he's a little man with a big ego; he's failed so wholeheartedly with the Dolphins, he must have pictures of someone; and the only way I'm going to have any interaction with him is if I have literally no other options." I bet he would win the "least respected person in the NFL" award, by a long shot. And when you're in a league with Mike Brown of the Bengals, that's saying something.

-Les Brown, the TE prospect, is a great story. He was highly recruited out of HS, and played mediocre basketball at a small college here in Salt Lake City. Then, he showed up at BYU's pro day (his brother was a BYU OL), and put up crazy numbers. But, as you might expect, he sucks at important things, like blocking. But, he's coachable, and he wants to learn. And, he had several invitations to pro training camps. So, he might not pass waivers, if the Dolphins tried to stick him on their practice squad.. Like I said, he's a great story. Throw in the fact that his wife/girlfriend had a small cameo in the first episode, and she seemed crazy hot, and - well, like I said, he's a great story. Here's a small screencap of his wife (you have to see the scene to understand her potential hotness):

-Eric Steinbach, after his workout for the Dolphins: "Man, now what I need is a hot tub, and a cigarette!" You don't hear about athletes smoking. I wonder how many of them do. Has anyone witnessed any Broncos smoking - in interviews, in person, or whatever? It seems like a bad idea, if you want to be a professional athlete. But a lot of professional athletes take part in activities that seem like bad ideas.

-Ryan Tannenhill's wife needs her own show. I'd probably watch, just to hear what she had to say about football, the presidential elections, cooking, the process of paint drying, etc.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

First! That's the only thing I like about Ryan Tannehill

Spot for sale

Edit: Spot sold to MethWolfe Energy Drinks: So powerful, you'll be scrubbing your floors at 4 in the morning.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Jay3

I'm going to be one of the early "pointy elbows" guys on Tannehill's wife. She's well-coiffed and all, and not fat.

But she's not all that. Kind of a goober. Like a doofus, if there is such thing as a girl doofus. There's like a really average looking girl hiding behind all that well-coiffedness.

And average is okay.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Ugh, wish the Rams, Jets, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens, 49ers, Bears, Titans, Bills, Colts, Giants, Saints, or Texans wouldve stepped up and done it. So freaking boring.

Saints and Jets would be so good I wouldn't even record it and watch it later. Would be on my ass at 8 every Tuesday like clockwork.

Wish Hard Knocks was something these teams WANTED to do, and HBO would get its pick of which team it would do each year.

Last edited by spdirty; 08-13-2012 at 05:59 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I saw the first episode, loved it. Really looking forward to seeing the "Chad Johnson getting cut" process/behind the scenes/etc.

Can't wait until the Broncos do it, and yes it will happen someday.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Jay3

I have no interested in the Dolphins, yet I'm still glued to the screen when this is on. It's the best TV show of all time.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'm going to be one of the early "pointy elbows" guys on Tannehill's wife. She's well-coiffed and all, and not fat.

But she's not all that. Kind of a goober. Like a doofus, if there is such thing as a girl doofus. There's like a really average looking girl hiding behind all that well-coiffedness.

And average is okay.
A girl doofus that is hot is a great thing. That means she is down to earth and quirky, real turn ons.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #9
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
A girl doofus that is hot is a great thing. That means she is down to earth and quirky, real turn ons.
Yeah, she's totally epic wife material.

But no so much up to the way she's being talked about.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post

And average is okay.
How do you know all of this? You her stalker?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Man, I love this show. And I can't believe I would say it, but I actually felt bad for Chad Johnson. He's created all his own problems. But he just seems like an out-of-control, messed-up guy. And I can't imagine someone wanting him on their team. I'm sure it will happen, but I wouldn't want him.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

-Eric Steinbach, after his workout for the Dolphins: "Man, now what I need is a hot tub, and a cigarette!" You don't hear about athletes smoking. I wonder how many of them do. Has anyone witnessed any Broncos smoking - in interviews, in person, or whatever? It seems like a bad idea, if you want to be a professional athlete. But a lot of professional athletes take part in activities that seem like bad ideas.
Thought I had read somewhere that Tom Jackson use to make an equipment guy hold his pack of cigarettes, and would take drags during practice.
BigPlayShay is online now   Reply With Quote