The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #126
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

I think him, Parcells, Coach K, Bobby Knight and potentially Charlie Manuel are all in a league of their own.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #127
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I think him, Parcells, Coach K, Bobby Knight and potentially Charlie Manuel are all in a league of their own.
I'm assuming you're joking with the Charlie Manuel reference.....yes?
Old 08-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #128
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'm assuming you're joking with the Charlie Manuel reference.....yes?
yes, but he'd be a great Grandpa, i never knew either of my gramps, so it's weird like that, and I'm a Braves fan.

No I joke, but Manuel is a good manager and i like him as a person a ton, for whatever reason. His demeanor, I suppose, good sport type, always calm, seemingly.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #129
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
so manning expecting 20% or more of the cap was all their fault?

Yes Manning was a man above men when changing the position although not sure many more IF any QB's will be given the ability to run no huddle like he has been..

HAd they not spent that much on him do you think they may have had a better D?
Manning expecting 20% of the cap? Get off your soap box, do you think Manning can play for free? Or take less money? How will other QBs get payed? I'm sure that will go over well with NFL agents and players. Organizations can say hey PM took veteran minimum why can't you? Players have to get paid so other players can get paid. Peyton is so selfish that he gave Denver and Indy medical outs. So selfish that he donates millions to charity's and builds hospitals. Look what he has done for families of the fire and shooting in Denver.

If your bitter about Manning, I suggest you find a new team to watch on Sundays.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #130
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Fine. Here you go...the responses:

1. No I don't know for sure, although I suspect that it is unlikely that is GM speak, as even after Josh was fired, most people here didn't love Jay anymore, they just hated Josh. There were precious few of us left that still loved Jay, so he gained nothing by saying that, although I do apprecaite that he did basically confirm that his boss is a moron, which again we knew already.

2. Maybe...I dont know one way or another. I'm not sure what extending his hand specifically entailed so I couldnt' comment on it, its too speculative

3. I see nothing wrong in Cutler's attitude. No, the morally bankrupt party was the former coach and the club management. Don't piss him off unnecessarily and shove a stick in his eye and he'll be fine. Act like a jerk (like McD did) and he'll throw it back in your face....as he should. When the Dove Valley character assasination team comes out, you gotta respond accordingly. If anything Jay was too mild in his response. McD should have been thoroughly and utterly humiliated. The old man claimed after Shanny was fired that Jay would be the man. Treat him with the respect he deserves or burn. It's not that hard of a concept.

4. ...maybe its not Cutler who's the petulant one, then

5.The issue re: contract only came up after the Cassel stuff came into play. There is no evidence to suggest he would have held out or whatever if Shanny remained the coach. A little more progress and he would be richly deserving of a massive extension. Stud physical talent with good mobility and constantly improving...yeah forget about the draft, he's got it all right there, its just a matter of progression. Pro Bowl in Year 3 and only getting better from there, esp with a great system in place and great supporting talent. Even with a garbage OC with a garbage line last year, he was having a super season and had them primed for a playoff berth...again.

6. Except that the last game he played he kicked the absolute **** out of San Diego. Are you really making these arguments?

7. He made his share of errors, as a second year starter...bigger problem IMO was arguably the worst defense of all time.

Again, I cant do the quote/post thing for each one, I am not that savvy, so this is the best I can do. Feel free to respond.

I see your a cutlet fan..

I'm not on here enough to figure out who the apologists and bromance folks are.. But thanks for letting me know who you are..

Sun, Dec 28 nbc

(8-8-0)

Broncos 21

(8-8-0)

Chargers 52
It was over when ...
Chargers DE Luis Castillo intercepted a Jay Cutler pass inside the Broncos' 20-yard line, setting up LaDainian Tomlinson's third touchdown of the game -- a 14-yard run -- on the following play. The score gave San Diego a 38-13 lead midway through the third quarter.

now that was the game I remembered.. cutlet almost in tears on the sideline with Rivers and the defense mocking him..

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200812...gers#tab=recap

If you do not remember how many times cutlet came to the sidelines and mope and sulk on the bench by himself,, then you have selective memory..

He would get pissed because of a bad pass or some one dropping one or running a bad route and if he threw a pick his teammates would come by to console him but he would wave them away..

Many of the games we lost were because of him forcing passes into double and triple coverages..

5. see your making excuses for him here also..

Everyone knew that mikey would redo contracts in the final years of their rookie contract.. the terrible three thought they were getting new fat contracts until mikey got his ass fired for cause..

when the new guy came in and said no new contracts all three got an attitude..

Did Pat say he was going to be the man, sure but should have been believed as much as any coach/gm speak..

When cutlet tried a power play Pat cut him off at the knees just like he should have other wise every one else would try the same crap..

BOO ****ing HOO

IMO when cutlet copped an attitude with Josh, Josh went to the tapes to really see if this punk was worth keeping.. Talked with the exsisting staff to get e feel for him also.. and cutlet with his I'm super **** attitude from the last year had few folks standing up for him..

When Josh told him he was going to call the plays in I suspect that was the beginning of the end of that relationship..

the rest is history and I'll guess that 80% of the fans that could care less about Josh backed the issue..

for YOU diehard Tanahan lovers, Belicheck Haters or better yet those with a bromance with cutlet it was 100% hate..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #131
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Manning expecting 20% of the cap? Get off your soap box, do you think Manning can play for free? Or take less money? How will other QBs get payed? I'm sure that will go over well with NFL agents and players. Organizations can say hey PM took veteran minimum why can't you? Players have to get paid so other players can get paid. Peyton is so selfish that he gave Denver and Indy medical outs. So selfish that he donates millions to charity's and builds hospitals. Look what he has done for families of the fire and shooting in Denver.

If your bitter about Manning, I suggest you find a new team to watch on Sundays.
not bitter at all..

But do not blame anyone BUT manning for not having more rings.. he was greedy and because of it they could not afford defensive players.. Plain and simple..

I know that many QB's have accepted lesser contracts or re did thir contracts to free up money to build a better team..

Manning as far as I know never did that.. Wanted his money plain and simple having a better team around him was not important..
Old 08-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #132
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

....I love how you said after that game its clear he would never beat SD again...except that again, the last game Cutler played (last season) he raped San Diego. I'm glad you offered a substantive reply to that....oh wait, you didn't.

No, I'm not a Cutler apologist, because there's nothing to apologize for. I am, however, a big fan of Cutler and Shanny and also your other favorite, DJ, too.

Shanny promised all those guys contracts? Link? Do you not remember info seeping out that summer that Shanny was actually going to trade Marshall?

Your history is completely contrived. Do you not remember that Cutler was in the facility before even OTA's officially started, trying to learn the playbook? Why would he "cop an attitude" if he was there on his own time. Then your boy McD couldn't contain his hard-on for one of the worst QB's in the NFL in Cassel (even the biggest homer in the history of Chiefs message forums thinks Cassel is garbage) and created the problem. Your heroes in the FO and ownership then took unshirted hell and had to resort to below the belt personal attacks like leaking alcohol stuff as a way to turn the fanbase back into their favor (its unfortunate that salacious material about their own lives wasn't leaked in response) and when Cutler actually made a trek to the Valley, the old man apparently felt it wasn't worth his time to personally meet him even though by then even one with his limited faculties knew the two principals couldn't resolve the situation on their own cause it had become a dick measuring contest and McD needed to assert his authority out of his own insecurities. Many games were lost because he forced the ball into triple coverage? He had his picks that arose from aggressiveness, but Denver's record under Cutler when the defense held the opponent under 21 was stellar. 21...not 15, or 10....21.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 08-12-2012 at 09:31 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #133
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Did Pat say he was going to be the man, sure but should have been believed as much as any coach/gm speak..

Am I the only one that remembers Pat's body language and tone of voice the day he made that statement.

He almost spit it out. I got the distinct impression he was saying something he hated saying but felt it necessary to say. I remember thinking at the time Bowlen really dislikes Cutler.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #134
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Am I the only one that remembers Pat's body language and tone of voice the day he made that statement.

He almost spit it out. I got the distinct impression he was saying something he hated saying but felt it necessary to say. I remember thinking at the time Bowlen really dislikes Cutler.
I remember when you made this statement to me in a debate on this topic earlier. So Bowlen apparently "liked" the single most destructive force in franchise history (McD) more than Cutler.

Looks like he won't be teaching executive decisionmaking courses at Harvard anytime soon.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #135
bombay
Ring of Famer

Do other nfl teams have fan forums? Does this forum attract a bunch of trolls because it's best?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #136
Stuck in Cali

How he screwed Kosar is why I don't like the guy.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #137
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I remember when you made this statement to me in a debate on this topic earlier. So Bowlen apparently "liked" the single most destructive force in franchise history (McD) more than Cutler.

Looks like he won't be teaching executive decisionmaking courses at Harvard anytime soon.

It was in the early days of McD, lots of people still had high hopes for him.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #138
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The AFC East sucks and that saves the Pats every year, though I think Williams and the Bills are going make life hell for Brady this year.
Hope so, the Bills DL could be the best in the NFL. At least they will give us a better idea how to exploit the weaknesses.

Whether or not Waters returns is a big key...
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #139
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

You really think Pat knew at the very beginning that McD would be the absolute worst thing since he bought the Broncos? Of course we all wish he did but hindsight ......
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #140
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

He wears a hoodie due to his.horrible breath and bad b.o.....at least thats what I gather from ppl who hoodie all the time.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #141
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You really think Pat knew at the very beginning that McD would be the absolute worst thing since he bought the Broncos? Of course we all wish he did but hindsight ......
was the real reason he hired him..

some folks had a woody for him because tanahan was fired.. or because he came from NE..

or because He believed in cassel since he actually had coached him the year before.. That he actually knew the play books and could actually be an on the field coach instead of having to force feed cutlet the playbook, as well as keep him in harness because the NE passing game was not long ball, but a very controlled passing offense.. something cutlet did not want to do..

Let me get back to your original comment.. SURE PAT hired someone he did not like..
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #142
Bacchus

[QUOTE=lonestar;3637977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

someone youd hit it a heart beat.. Sounds like jealousy to me..
maybe a little, that being said I'm 25 years younger than Kraft.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #143
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

the NFL is like Congress. cant afford to show how corrupt things are.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #144
RedEyedJeti

Quote:
not bitter at all..

But do not blame anyone BUT manning for not having more rings.. he was greedy and because of it they could not afford defensive players.. Plain and simple..

I know that many QB's have accepted lesser contracts or re did thir contracts to free up money to build a better team..

Manning as far as I know never did that.. Wanted his money plain and simple having a better team around him was not important..

http://www.espnstar.com/us-sports/nf...nts-a-pay-cut/

Quarterback Peyton Manning is offering to take less money in his next new deal in order for the Indianapolis Colts to use it to strengthen the team elsewhere.

Colts owner Jim Irsay has stated previously that he wanted to make the four-time league MVP the highest paid player in the NFL by handing him a five-year deal worth $100 million.
Irsay and team president Bill Polian still seem keen to make a statement by making Manning the top earner in the NFL and building their team around him, but the veteran quarterback would prefer some of the money to be used elsewhere.

"While I appreciate Jim Irsay offering to make me the highest-paid player," Manning told The Indianapolis Star. "I told him I'd rather he save that money and keep whoever it is - Joe Addai, Charlie Johnson, whoever that may be.

"I'm willing to take less than they've offered if they are going to take that money to keep players we need to keep and go get other players.

"All I want is for them to have the cap and the cash to keep the players they want to keep and to sign other players."

It must be noted that it is not as though manning will not be paid handsomely, he will still receive around the $18 million a year deal that Tom Brady picks up from his deal with the New England Patriots.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #145
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti View Post

http://www.espnstar.com/us-sports/nf...nts-a-pay-cut/

Quarterback Peyton Manning is offering to take less money in his next new deal in order for the Indianapolis Colts to use it to strengthen the team elsewhere.

Colts owner Jim Irsay has stated previously that he wanted to make the four-time league MVP the highest paid player in the NFL by handing him a five-year deal worth $100 million.
Irsay and team president Bill Polian still seem keen to make a statement by making Manning the top earner in the NFL and building their team around him, but the veteran quarterback would prefer some of the money to be used elsewhere.

"While I appreciate Jim Irsay offering to make me the highest-paid player," Manning told The Indianapolis Star. "I told him I'd rather he save that money and keep whoever it is - Joe Addai, Charlie Johnson, whoever that may be.

"I'm willing to take less than they've offered if they are going to take that money to keep players we need to keep and go get other players.

"All I want is for them to have the cap and the cash to keep the players they want to keep and to sign other players."

It must be noted that it is not as though manning will not be paid handsomely, he will still receive around the $18 million a year deal that Tom Brady picks up from his deal with the New England Patriots.
Thank you for sparing me the trouble. This guy is a character, he thinks Peyton is selfish.. Funny.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #146
Bmore Manning

Quote:
not bitter at all..

He was selfless.
They struck out for years on draft picks.
They always picked at the bottom of the first round.
Polian miss managed the cap.
Polian used UDFAs as many of the starters.
Look at the bottom RedEyeJetti posted a fabulous article for you to check out on the selfish Manning.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #147
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
He was selfless.
They struck out for years on draft picks.
They always picked at the bottom of the first round.
Polian miss managed the cap.
Polian used UDFAs as many of the starters.
Look at the bottom RedEyeJetti posted a fabulous article for you to check out on the selfish Manning.
so does Manning have a restraining order against you yet?

you can tell us. what is disclosed on the mane stays on the mane. promise.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #148
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
so does Manning have a restraining order against you yet?

you can tell us. what is disclosed on the mane stays on the mane. promise.
No need. Peyton is over half the country away

Peyton is a good guy, just ask him. He does really care about the community though and his image. He does almost as much as Drew Brees to support the community he plays.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #149
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Peyton is a good guy, just ask him. He does really care about the community though and his image. He does almost as much as Drew Brees to support the community he plays.
You are much more familiar with Manning that me but surprised to see this comment from you. Manning is obviously confident but doesn't seen to be a self promoter type.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #150
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Almost as much as Brees? I am shocked to hear that coming from a Indianapolis native. You should know how much Peyton has done for that city. Brees is too busy worrying about his contract and getting top dollar with a large portion guaranteed.