The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #26
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

I don't hate Bill Belichick

I think he is a talented coach. A bit of an ass but a successful coach.

The filming thing sucks but I doubt it made much difference in the won - loss column.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Hes a douche bag plain and simple.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #28
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
He has defensive gameplans in the hall of fame, Belichick has just moved with the times and knows nobody can play shutdown defense and offenses and quarterbacks win now.

Go read about BB's Giants defenses when he was the defensive coordinator and how good the early 2000's Patriots defense were, it was the Patriots defense that forced the illegal contact rules to be changed that we now have Brady taking advantage of today.
DarkHorse doesn't know what he's talking about. BB's a defensive stud and a great coach over all. He's just a cheater and an a-hole in general to the public. It doesn't hurt that there's some back-end jealousy due to the team's success but I believe that to be as much Tom Brady as BB and I think most would agree. The stats don't lie on that one.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't hate Bill Belichick

I think he is a talented coach. A bit of an ass but a successful coach.

The filming thing sucks but I doubt it made much difference in the won - loss column.
How can you say that? His own defensive coordinator busted him because he knew it made a difference. An extra win or two a year is the difference for many reasons.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
How can you say that? His own defensive coordinator busted him because he knew it made a difference. An extra win or two a year is the difference for many reasons.

If this were true and provable as you imply I believe the NFL would have to have done more that a fine and draft pick.

Look what they did to the DC of NO, He is banned for life for the bounty hunting.

You really think if there was hard evidence that 2 or so games per season were won by cheating that Belichick would have been out on his ear, never to coach again.

What was taped was already available to the public according to many posters here. I don't like him much either but I will give him his due. If coaches are judged by wins than he has to be considered a great coach.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If this were true and provable as you imply I believe the NFL would have to have done more that a fine and draft pick.

Look what they did to the DC of NO, He is banned for life for the bounty hunting.

You really think if there was hard evidence that 2 or so games per season were won by cheating that Belichick would have been out on his ear, never to coach again.

What was taped was already available to the public according to many posters here. I don't like him much either but I will give him his due. If coaches are judged by wins than he has to be considered a great coach.
They couldn't prove it until his former DC in NY gave the intel to catch them with the tape and employee. If they had all the tape, I'm sure it would have been steeper. That is where I feel my assumption is justified.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
They couldn't prove it until his former DC in NY gave the intel to catch them with the tape and employee. If they had all the tape, I'm sure it would have been steeper. That is where I feel my assumption is justified.

I honestly did not follow the details of the story so there is likely much I do not know. I just seems to me that if what was done did change the outcome of games heads would have rolled. No way the NFL will allow that kind of cloud hang over their Golden Goose. They would have crucified Belichick.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #33
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I honestly don't hate Bill Belichick. I kind of hate Tom Brady because has the personality of a piece of drywall and is effectively Gizelle's lesbian lover.



Honestly, how can any red-blooded new englander defend this stuff?


I do hate the Patriots because their fans are insufferable. But do I hate Bill Belichick? ....I'm gonna say no. But the way he runs things, the cheating, and the closed-off, gestapo style secrecy to their organization is not something I enjoy. I hated it when McDaniels ran it. It appears to be just as arrogant and divisive in KC - so while I don't hate HIM I would not want him or any of his style coaches on my team.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

BB is just like any coach. He is great with great players. You can give the best coach in the world the Jacksonville Jags or Browns and they will be awful. He got lucky on Brady when the team was pretty solid overall and got 3 rings with cheating. The rest of the time he has missed on pick after pick, signed high dollar FA left and right and has no rings. His gameplanning is top notch, GM not so much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
BB is just like any coach. He is great with great players. You can give the best coach in the world the Jacksonville Jags or Browns and they will be awful. He got lucky on Brady when the team was pretty solid overall and got 3 rings with cheating. The rest of the time he has missed on pick after pick, signed high dollar FA left and right and has no rings. His gameplanning is top notch, GM not so much.

Take away one ring and the cheating, substitute TD for Brady and you got Shanny.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #36
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I honestly did not follow the details of the story so there is likely much I do not know. I just seems to me that if what was done did change the outcome of games heads would have rolled. No way the NFL will allow that kind of cloud hang over their Golden Goose. They would have crucified Belichick.
1. Belicheat taped opponents practices, records their game plans, and records their Offensive calls during games.

2. Bruschi had a wireless headset in his helmet before it was legal to do so. Enabling the Defensive Coordinator to radio into Bruschi the Offensive play before the play was ran.

3. Referees have been protecting Brady for the past decade, calling unecessary roughness anytime he is touched (way before the current QB rules were put in place)...including the "tuck rule".

4. Tell me how that isn't a competitive advantage. Include the fact that the Patriots play in the weakest division in the NFL (by far), giving the Patriots homefield advantage in the playoffs almost every year. Still they haven't won a SB in 8 years.


I hate Belicheat and McDaniels. Elway has upgraded the roster to the point where we can hopefully kick the crap out of the Patriots this year, only 2 years after McDaniels completely dismantled the organization.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #37
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
He has defensive gameplans in the hall of fame, Belichick has just moved with the times and knows nobody can play shutdown defense and offenses and quarterbacks win now.

Go read about BB's Giants defenses when he was the defensive coordinator and how good the early 2000's Patriots defense were, it was the Patriots defense that forced the illegal contact rules to be changed that we now have Brady taking advantage of today.
That's stupid. They didn't change the rules because of the Patriots, the referrees just didn't call the Patriots on the rule that day.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I honestly did not follow the details of the story so there is likely much I do not know. I just seems to me that if what was done did change the outcome of games heads would have rolled. No way the NFL will allow that kind of cloud hang over their Golden Goose. They would have crucified Belichick.
Heads rolled once BB's video specialist was caught by intel from Eric Mangini (former DC in NE) in the act. That was nearly the only evidence they had to work with at the time. Any other footage could have come from any where. The fact that he was caught in the act is what made it compelling and obvious.

There were also at least a couple if not several other complaints lodged against BB for doing the same thing previously but no evidence was available.

If you didn't follow it in detail, perhaps making bold statements about it isn't wise.

Last edited by hambone13; 08-11-2012 at 04:56 PM..
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Heads rolled once BB's video specialist was caught by intel from Eric Mangini (former DC in NE) in the act. That was the nearly the only evidence they had to work with at the time. Any other footage could have come from any where. The fact that he was caught in the act is what made it compelling and obvious. If you didn't follow it in detail, perhaps making bold statements about it isn't wise.
I'm not making any bold statements.

I am making a logical extrapolation. If 'A' happens and 'B' is what follows and it is likely the punishment would be tailored to fit the crime due to what is a stake than it is logical there was not the advantage many fans chose to perceive.


The bottom line is no one will ever know if games were won because of this and it ain't going to be rehashed so lets go kick their asses on our way to the super bowl.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #40
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
BB is just like any coach. He is great with great players. You can give the best coach in the world the Jacksonville Jags or Browns and they will be awful. He got lucky on Brady when the team was pretty solid overall and got 3 rings with cheating. The rest of the time he has missed on pick after pick, signed high dollar FA left and right and has no rings. His gameplanning is top notch, GM not so much.
Terrible post all around, and what the heck are you talking about in the bolded part? lololol@that
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #41
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,039

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #42
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Not all of us are haters, Clam.

Bill B is a terrific coach. The local crowd hates him because of his success.

So, you are correct. It's jealousy.

MHG
Nothing I hate more than someone who attempts to talk for others.

I don't hate Belichick, he's too insignificant to waste that much emotion on. I think cheating is right up there as a reason to dislike him as it cheapens him and has nothing to do with jealousy. I also dislike the guy for having an affair (again he cheapens himself) and for his walk off the field without seeking out Coughlin for a handshake. Maybe he was jealous. The Broncos have the upside in beating the Patriots since Bill came on.

And I don't remember ever disliking Manning. Any success he had over the Broncos was as much the Broncos fault as his abilities.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #43
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Take away one ring and the cheating, substitute TD for Brady and you got Shanny.
This is your best post on The Mane....Ever.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #44
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
Terrible post all around, and what the heck are you talking about in the bolded part? lololol@that
If you havent seen all the FA's they have signed in past few years I'm not going to explain it to you. Trades too except NE seems to get a bit of a discount compared to other teams. Adalius Thomas, Moss, Haynesworth, Andre Carter, Stallworth 2x, Fred Taylor, etc. Their track record with drafting isn't great either. Brady has saved them only furthering the argument torwards a franchise QB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
If you havent seen all the FA's they have signed in past few years I'm not going to explain it to you. Trades too except NE seems to get a bit of a discount compared to other teams. Adalius Thomas, Moss, Haynesworth, Andre Carter, Stallworth 2x, Fred Taylor, etc. Their track record with drafting isn't great either. Brady has saved them only furthering the argument torwards a franchise QB.
They didn't come in under huge deals though which is what you claimed.

Moss was traded for a 4th rounder
Haynesworth was traded for a 5th rounder
Carter was a pretty good deal, 1.75 mill and went as high as 2.75 if incentives were met. 10.5 sacks so I think he met those
Adalius Thomas 5 years 35 million dollar contract
Fred Taylor was a 2 year 5 million dollar contract, bad deal

BB is making bad moves but, they are not costing lots of money.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #46
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Let's go Kick their ass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'm not making any bold statements.

I am making a logical extrapolation. If 'A' happens and 'B' is what follows and it is likely the punishment would be tailored to fit the crime due to what is a stake than it is logical there was not the advantage many fans chose to perceive.


The bottom line is no one will ever know if games were won because of this and it ain't going to be rehashed so lets go kick their asses on our way to the super bowl.
A to B. If that was the first time he was caught, common sense says, he's likely been doing it for some time. Especially considering it was his DC that gave him up and there were previous allegations. Logic says, it's likely it wasn't his "first time". Who knows the details on how many times it's happened but as another OM poster said, "it's not that Barry Bonds isn't great, he's just that much more questionable."

The only reason BB is still coaching in the NFL is because he's a staple winner with HOF potential. The league isn't going to go down that path unless it's unquestionable. You seem to forget that the commissioner of the NFL works for the owners, not the fans and certainly not for "truth and justice".

Last edited by hambone13; 08-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Oh and.....
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #47
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't hate Bill Belichick

I think he is a talented coach. A bit of an ass but a successful coach.

The filming thing sucks but I doubt it made much difference in the won - loss column.
That cost Peyton multiple Super Bowl appearances earlier in his career.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #48
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
They didn't come in under huge deals though which is what you claimed.

Moss was traded for a 4th rounder
Haynesworth was traded for a 5th rounder
Carter was a pretty good deal, 1.75 mill and went as high as 2.75 if incentives were met. 10.5 sacks so I think he met those
Adalius Thomas 5 years 35 million dollar contract
Fred Taylor was a 2 year 5 million dollar contract, bad deal

BB is making bad moves but, they are not costing lots of money.
Big money was wrong term but like I said he brings in a ton of guys and doesn't draft that well. There are a hell of a lot more guys too those were off the top of my head. They had to sign 20 just this year. He is the best gameplanner around though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #49
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,794
Default

I swear he sent Mc***stick here to implode the org. And it worked.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Big money was wrong term but like I said he brings in a ton of guys and doesn't draft that well. There are a hell of a lot more guys too those were off the top of my head. They had to sign 20 just this year. He is the best gameplanner around though.
I think this will be a bad year for the Pats outside of the AFC East anyways. They did nothing to help the D, though I think Carter will be back and that O is going to struggle to run the ball. You can already tell that Solder isn't going to be the LT that they need to protect Brady and because they can't run the ball they will struggle to keep Brady up right.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Denver Broncos