The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default NFL Rumors: Miami Dolphins May Trade QB Matt Moore to Denver Broncos

has been recently rumored that Miami Dolphins‘ QB Matt Moore could be traded soon. This tweet suggests the Denver Broncos may be a making spot for Moore…

Another rumor recently was that Broncos QB Brock Osweiler was the #2 quarterback in Denver. If this is true then QB Caleb Hanie must not be very good considering the Broncos are choosing Osweiler over Hanie. I’m not saying Osweiler doesn’t have potential, but he is a rookie and the Broncos need a dependable veteran backing up Peyton Manning.

If the Moore rumor is true and the Dolphins are shopping him, then yes, I hope the Broncos do go after Moore if it is possible. Moore would boost the competition in Denver and I feel he would give the Broncos a better chance of winning if Manning was to go down with an injury.

http://www.rantsports.com/denver-bro...enver-broncos/
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Really?

Rantsports.com?

I'd believe bleacherreport before them. And as to Silva...he tends to not know a damn thing about teams outside of New York. Good follow for general NFL news, but he shouldn't be breaking down teams west of the Mississippi.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Rolandftw

I'd be happy if it was true. Hanie is terrible, and Moore would be a massive upgrade. I would hope if true, Denver wouldn't give up much for him tho as Moore is probably only worth a late round pick.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Unless the Broncos plan on carrying 3 QB's it makes no sense. Manning and Osweiller on the active roster and Weber on the practice squad again fits nicely.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
Agamemnon

He's better than Hanie. I'll say that much. But then again I'm 99% certain Osweiler would be better than Hanie as well.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Considering that Brock is a rookie project and that Hanie and Weber have both largely sucked ass in camp, it seems like a pretty good idea to pony up a 6th rounder for Moore.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
extralife
Ring of Famer

Makes some sense, I guess. I actually think the Dolphins should start him, but that doesn't seem likely. He played pretty well last year.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #8
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Moreno for Moore?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Moreno for Moore?
I wouldn't do that. I think Moreno can have a role in the backfield. Most likely at this point it would be a draft pick. Hopefully no more then a 5th
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #10
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Moore Is listed third on their dept chart. 1) Garrard 2) Tannahill
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Unless the Broncos plan on carrying 3 QB's it makes no sense. Manning and Osweiller on the active roster and Weber on the practice squad again fits nicely.
#3 QB is effectively a "freebie" roster spot under the new rules and given Manning's health concerns we'll make use of it.

Weber isn't doing any better in camp than Hanie by most accounts, neither one looks like 53 man roster material.

Osweiler meanwhile only had one real season of starting in college and is now having his throwing motion tweaked. He's just about the last guy we want to rush on the field should Manning miss some time. Kid needs to be kept on the shelf for at least one or two whole seasons.

If we can get Matt Moore for a reasonable price (4th rounder or less) we should jump on that in a heartbeat. He would be one of the better backups in the league.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Would Matt Moore lead us anywhere meaningful should Manning go down? If not, put in Hanie, Big O, or Weber. Don't see a point in trading away draft picks for the backup spot, unless our team is so loaded that we can still win. Are we? I'm not sure.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Would Matt Moore lead us anywhere meaningful should Manning go down? If not, put in Hanie, Big O, or Weber. Don't see a point in trading away draft picks for the backup spot, unless our team is so loaded that we can still win. Are we? I'm not sure.
Well when you are in charge you might be thinking Manning goes down for 2-3 games, if you can win 1 of them you are still in it. Manning comes back, you make playoffs. Not everything is preparing for a season ending, or career ending scenario.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Moore > Hanie.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #15
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Moore > Hanie.....
Agreed. What did they give Hanie in the offseason?
Jeez, wasnt it like 6 Mil?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Matt Moore is a pretty good QB. He could help for a three game stretch if Manning were to go down. Hanie is not the answer and Oz is unrelieable at this point. Moore would be a great addition but I would hate to see the Broncois give up a draft pick for him.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

This would be a great move. Moore is a decent QB, about the best quality you can hope for with a backup.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Not sure about the source but Moore would obviously be an upgrade at QB if churning the bottom of the roster. But I don't know that it makes much sense, though. They'd have to really dislike what they've seen out of Hanie and want to better insure the position should Manning go down. I've only been reading online accounts of camp, so is he really that bad?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #19
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

As for the asking price (not sure what's been thrown around) - doesn't a 6th feel pretty reasonable for such an upgrade?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #20
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Agreed. What did they give Hanie in the offseason?
Jeez, wasnt it like 6 Mil?
nope, he's cheap:

Contract:2 yr(s) / $2,250,000 Signing Bonus - Average Salary $1,125,000
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #21
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

they said on 104.3 that Hanie's contract isn't guaranteed so he could be cut at no cost other than what he's already been paid
JLesSPE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #22
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Did you guys actually click the link? Some guy tweeted that he heard the Dolphins are shopping Moore and he "thinks the Broncos would be a good fit." The writer references the tweet and incorrectly says that Osweiller is number two on the depth chart so he "hopes the Broncos go after Moore." That is what this entire thread is based off of. One guy tweets that he thinks the Broncos should get Moore and we're debating it like it's happening, even floating what compensation they're going to get.

Get this Rant Sports crap out of here. And the rest of you need to wake up.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Actually, now that I've taken the time to read the post on rantsports, it looks as though this is sourced through a Dolphins beat writer from the Palm Beach Post. Looks to be pretty reliable and not just some scrub on the Internets. Count me in.

Also - how big are Matt Moore's hands in that photo? That looks like a pee-wee ball.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #24
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Not sure about the source but Moore would obviously be an upgrade at QB if churning the bottom of the roster. But I don't know that it makes much sense, though. They'd have to really dislike what they've seen out of Hanie and want to better insure the position should Manning go down. I've only been reading online accounts of camp, so is he really that bad?
Do you honestly think they've liked what they've seen out of Hanie?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #25
canadianbroncosfan

Someone tweeted it, it must be true