The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Boomer Esiason says cut Tim Tebow .... Now

"If I was the Jets you want to know what I would do? I would cut Tim Tebow. I really would" Boomer Esiason said.

The non-battle battle between Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez for snaps as Jets quarterback remains, annoyingly, at the epicenter of NFL training camp. And it's not going to go away, either.

Unless, of course, the Jets take the advice of CBS' Boomer Esiason, speaking on WFAN's "Boomer and Carton Show" Monday morning, and "cut Tim Tebow."

"If I was the Jets you want to know what I would do? I would cut Tim Tebow. I really would" Esiason said. "I'm telling you right now I would, and I'll tell you why I would: it's just not in any way, shape or form benefiting this team. I just don't see how it benefits this team.

"I just think this whole thing -- at least from my perspective right now in relation to who Mark Sanchez is, your starting quarterback -- is a major mistake."

It's a bold statement from Boomer, but not one likely to ever morph into a realistic situation. Whether or not Tebow can throw (and Boomer points out he can't) is irrelevant to what Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano want to do on offense. They plan to utilize him in the Wildcat offense and ostensibly make him a dangerous red-zone threat. Plus, if Sanchez struggles, Tebow presents a somewhat viable alternative.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-cut-tim-tebow
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Boomer's right actually. I see this whole thing going over really, really bad for Rex Ryan.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

TT needs to switch from QB to FB, TE, special teams......anything that doesn't require QB skills.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

teblow is a coach killer and why he didnt got to JAX where he belongs i dont know
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Elway knew all along that the Jets could not survive Tim Tebow. In a genius move on Elway's part he traded TT to the Jets knowing they would have to cut him and we grab him off wavers and steal a draft pick from the Jets.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

That's all media nonsense IMO.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

of course the Jets were forced to trade for Tim Tebow.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Where's the Tebow love ........ I looking forward to the next chapter in the Tebow book and I don't think it will be him getting cut from the team. Boomer is a obnoxious douchebag.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Esiason is a moron. At the very least Tebow provides substantial red zone and goal line benefits to their team. The data bears it out. If he doesn't see anything that Tim adds he should feel free to make SN appointment at lenscrafters
Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

In before "circus and rabid fan" are thrown around.

The only rabid fans are the ones who won't stop talking about old news.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sounds like Boomer has been boomin' lately. Nameeeeen!?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Boomer's right actually. I see this whole thing going over really, really bad for Rex Ryan.
You know I think this could work in New York. I see them having a pretty good year and Tebow being a vaulable part of what happens there.

B U T it all depends on Sanchez. If he can handle the pressure and plays like he is capable of this team could finish 10-6/11-5. But if he has a poor season and the Tebow fanatics have reason to boo then this team could explode. It will be fun to watch either way.

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-06-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

He shouldn't be cut. His size, work ethic and athleticism would allow him excel as an H-back, wildcat QB, or even a power RB in certain packages. He could be quite effective as a 10-12 play specialty guy/decoy. The question is whether or not he and the circus will eventually accept that role.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Esiason is a moron. At the very least Tebow provides substantial red zone and goal line benefits to their team. The data bears it out. If he doesn't see anything that Tim adds he should feel free to make SN appointment at lenscrafters
Jets had the best Red Zone conversion % last year.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Sanchez had as many red zone rushing TDs as Tebow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
He shouldn't be cut. His size, work ethic and athleticism would allow him excel as an H-back, wildcat QB, or even a power RB in certain packages. He could be quite effective as a 10-12 play specialty guy/decoy. The question is whether or not he and the circus will eventually accept that role.
It is not Tebow that is the problem it is the Tebow circus that is the problem. We all saw how Orton melted under the pressure of chants and billboards.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I second or third the notion of Boomer as moron. He hated on Tebow all last year, even when he took us to the playoffs and beyond.

From a football perspective, Sparano has always been a fan of the Wildcat formation and doesn't mind looking at non-standard strategies for winning games. Sparano probably also watched the film of what we (the Tebow-Broncos) did to the Pats in the first half of our regular season game. Wasn't that the worst performance of any Belichik rushing defense ever (at least for one half)? Weapons like that could help the Jets win the AFC East if they can keep the media out of their locker room.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
ppablo

So glad we don't have to deal with this... I'm glad for what tebow gave us last year... however it's nice to know who our qb is from day one this year!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I second or third the notion of Boomer as moron. He hated on Tebow all last year, even when he took us to the playoffs and beyond.

From a football perspective, Sparano has always been a fan of the Wildcat formation and doesn't mind looking at non-standard strategies for winning games. Sparano probably also watched the film of what we (the Tebow-Broncos) did to the Pats in the first half of our regular season game. Wasn't that the worst performance of any Belichik rushing defense ever (at least for one half)? Weapons like that could help the Jets win the AFC East if they can keep the media out of their locker room.
The wild cat is worthless.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #20
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Release The TEBOW!!!
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Elway knew all along that the Jets could not survive Tim Tebow. In a genius move on Elway's part he traded TT to the Jets knowing they would have to cut him and we grab him off wavers and steal a draft pick from the Jets.
Do you really truly think for an instant that Elway & Fox would grab Tebow off waivers, Baja? I think they've had enough of his publicity; were relieved to ship out said publicity headaches to another team... and would be the last ones to express interest.

From a PR standpoint, the Jest cannot cut Tebow... they perhaps could if they had a "clearly-superior" option available on the roster, but Sanchez is not that guy. They've made their bed and have to lie in it at least for the 2012 season, I think.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #22
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
It is not Tebow that is the problem it is the Tebow circus that is the problem. We all saw how Orton melted under the pressure of chants and billboards.
Orton lacking balls is because of the Tebow circus?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Exactly...there is no "Tebow Circus" that **** all exists un someone's head.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #24
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I wonder if Fox or Elway actually approached him, with that idea. If he insisted on being a QB, there was nothing we could have done to keep him...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Do you really truly think for an instant that Elway & Fox would grab Tebow off waivers, Baja? I think they've had enough of his publicity; were relieved to ship out said publicity headaches to another team... and would be the last ones to express interest.

From a PR standpoint, the Jest cannot cut Tebow... they perhaps could if they had a "clearly-superior" option available on the roster, but Sanchez is not that guy. They've made their bed and have to lie in it at least for the 2012 season, I think.
Do you really truly think for an instant that I was even close to being serious?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote