The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default Ben Roethlisberger has torn rotator cuff

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...f-mike-wallace
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

he said it has been hurt since Nov. 6? How has it not healed? Sucks for the Stillers
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
BroncoBeavis

In before the January crew tell us wins against the Steelers no longer count.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
he said it has been hurt since Nov. 6? How has it not healed? Sucks for the Stillers
I think surgery is the only way, but it could tear more then they would be screwed.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I think the Steeler's window is closing. Troy is getting old and battling injuries. Ward is retired. The rapist is getting older and battling injuries. Wallace is probably going to get traded. Mendenhall is rehabbing from a major injury. Ziggy Hood is pretty overrated imho. Keisel is good. Pouncey is good, but seems to me like they have quite a few holes for an "elite" team.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Teams are going to put a bounty on that shoulder.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

If you tear it in the wrong place, even sleeping positions can be detrimental to healing. He needs to stay off the bottom imo.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Torn rotator cuffs don't heal themselves. One good shot on his arm while he's throwing could end his season.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think the Steeler's window is closing. Troy is getting old and battling injuries. Ward is retired. The rapist is getting older and battling injuries. Wallace is probably going to get traded. Mendenhall is rehabbing from a major injury. Ziggy Hood is pretty overrated imho. Keisel is good. Pouncey is good, but seems to me like they have quite a few holes for an "elite" team.
Yeah I tend to agree. Rotator cuff issues aren't as big a deal for a QB as they are for a pitcher. However, the problem with Roethilisberger is this is symptomatic of a larger issue and that's his overall durability. While he's only thirty, his style of game wears on him WAY more than other QB's. The wire isn't showing, but the tread is very worn on those tires...
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Ouch .... It's really hard to hold a woman down with a torn rotator cuff.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah I tend to agree. Rotator cuff issues aren't as big a deal for a QB as they are for a pitcher. However, the problem with Roethilisberger is this is symptomatic of a larger issue and that's his overall durability. While he's only thirty, his style of game wears on him WAY more than other QB's. The wire isn't showing, but the tread is very worn on those tires...
I agree their window is closing but couldn't disagree more in that they aren't a big deal. Having had one I can tell you even sleeping is painful let alone playing at a professional level.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I agree their window is closing but couldn't disagree more in that they aren't a big deal. Having had one I can tell you even sleeping is painful let alone playing at a professional level.
I'm not saying it's not painful, but in football there have been guys who have played years with partially torn Rotator Cuffs. They inject them with cortizone and they move on.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Wallace is overrated as well.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Meck77

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not painful, but in football there have been guys who have played years with partially torn Rotator Cuffs. They inject them with cortizone and they move on.
Any of them win playoff games or superbowls with torn rotator cuffs? Which QBs are you talking about. I'm doubtful one could compete at high level.

Could a guy griese his way around the league with an injury and collect millions. Sure.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Shoulder injuries of that nature are not easy to play with...now Meck and I are pumped up with meds to cope...

Big Ben also likes to "elaborate" his injuries....remember the broken foot that wasn't broken?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Any of them win playoff games or superbowls with torn rotator cuffs? Which QBs are you talking about. I'm doubtful one could compete at high level.

Could a guy griese his way around the league with an injury and collect millions. Sure.

Interesting you use Griese as an example. I have always thought if not for that shoulder injury in the Oakland game Griese would have been a very good qb.

It was when Shanny gave him all that money after the injury that I started to question Shanny's decisions.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #17
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Interesting you use Griese as an example. I have always thought if not for that shoulder injury in the Oakland game Griese would have been a very good qb.

It was when Shanny gave him all that money after the injury that I started to question Shanny's decisions.
Well when I think of trying to play with a bum shoulder griese came to mind. I don't recall the exact injury he had but he sure wasn't the same after. Wasn't that romo who wrecked it? It was a helluva performance by the griester none the less.

Anyhow my point is when it comes to performing at a high level staying healthy is key. See Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre (well until he became an old crying broken down bastard). One could argue that Elway was pretty banged up towards the end but at least his arm was fine and he could still scramble better than most of the younger bucks of his day even though his walk was painful to even watch!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Well there was nothing wrong with his arm last season. He sustained he injury in November and lit us up in the fourth quarter. By all accounts it is better. I was listening to Joel Klatt talk about it this morning and they mentioned a QB (who's name escapes me) who played for three years with one, apparently. Full tears are different, but partial tears are really just bad sprains.

I will conceded that if he gets it torn completely, it could Pennington/Griese his career. From a purely pain tolerance point, though, Ben has plowed though a car. He's a warrior and will fight through it.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
Meck77

Well you do make a good point of Ben taking a car on. There must be a correlation of brain power to pain tolerance of the neanderthals.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Well when I think of trying to play with a bum shoulder griese came to mind. I don't recall the exact injury he had but he sure wasn't the same after. Wasn't that romo who wrecked it? It was a helluva performance by the griester none the less.

Anyhow my point is when it comes to performing at a high level staying healthy is key. See Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre (well until he became an old crying broken down bastard). One could argue that Elway was pretty banged up towards the end but at least his arm was fine and he could still scramble better than most of the younger bucks of his day even though his walk was painful to even watch!
Didn't Elway have some kind of shoulder surgery later on? Wasn't a rotator cuff, but it was something I remember being worried about.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #21
BroncoMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Didn't Elway have some kind of shoulder surgery later on? Wasn't a rotator cuff, but it was something I remember being worried about.
John had a few shoulder surgery's / clean up. Also had a tendon cut to free up
movement...bicep maybe?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

He also like to rape, occasionally.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
TennMike

He said it wont heal itself, and he just hopes he doesnt tear it more... then laughed. Weird, weird cat.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Time to take the Steelers to downtown Poundtown on the 9th.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
dictionary

The yinzers are already trying to convince themselves that they havent peaked with the whole age/dominance curve. This was in my FB newsfeed today:

"I am a fan of ESPN, but I cannot wait till week 1 when the Steelers D busts up that fusion and Peyton regrets coming back then all this hype can go away"...

Last I checked, Harrison is on the PUP, Wallace is holding out, and their offensive line is having problems in Training Camp. Yeah. I'll bet on our evil genius Del Rio D vs an immobile QB and swiss cheese OL with plays from Big Boss Haley.