The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Tom Jackson interview

I heard Tom Jackson interviewed after practice today on 102.3 FM in denver. Summary below:

Jackson:
Peyton Manning is THE story in the NFL. A 4 time MVP moving to Denver with what I think is a pretty quality football team. I think they are better than they appeared last year defensively. They are solid running the ball. They have the potential to be good. They better be with the schedule they have.

Peyton is John. John was able to say to Peyton "you are me" He has something to prove. I love that about both of them: they are not afraid to say what they want. They aren't afraid to say I want to win a Super Bowl. I'm sure to some extent Peyton was heart broken when Indianapolis let him go.

How good is this team? Is it the best since the 99 super bowl team?

Jackson:
I think it is a good team. Left to be seen how good. How will they handle first part of that schedule? They are solid on the o-line. young but solid. The running game will lose something with tebow's exit but you gain something with peyton getting people out of the box. Receiving corp is much better than it appeared last year. Tebow could not throw the ball. Tracy is solid at the corner. Champ will be champ with the lead. Von and Doom will flourish with Peyton putting up 25 to 28 points. Don't know how they got 21 sacks last year playing from behind often.

Should the Broncos move training camp back to a college campus?

Jackson:
I liked getting away, when your sole purpose was football and your teammates. We didn't spend all our time hitting people. There would be times we'd be sitting around in each other's rooms talking. Learning to trust each other. There is something to be said for that. Lack of distractions allow you freedom to do that.

on the new bronco weight room:

I told BT (Billy Thompson) I would have lifted weights if we had a weight room like this.

on his impressions of the first practice:

Peyton looked good. Mechanics were great. Ball was on time and on target. Something we didn't see a lot of last year. Peyton has never had tremendous zip on the ball. He's not Elway. His strength is his ability to decipher the information, break it down, relate it to his team, and turn it into good football. One coach told me it's like playing against a computer when you go against Peyton. Now these Denver fans will get to sit back and enjoy it. I don't know how long it'll take for peyton to be peyton. By the time he throws that 1st pass vs Pittsburgh he will have missed 20 months of football. He's got to get his work in to be ready for the season.

===

Also bronco insider Mike Klis was interviewed:

Klis says Manning has come a long way since first OTA's. Was maybe 65% in first OTA's. Now 90%. He looks plenty good enough.

Kuper looks better than Klis thought he would. In OTA's Kuper was limping noticeably. Didn't see that today.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

LOVE YOU TOMMY J!!!!!!!

THanks for the writeup! STOKED!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

thank you for this!
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Very good read, thanks titan.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Kuper not limping the best news. We can't afford for him not to play at a high level. I thought last yr was a down yr for him but the offense was so screwy who knows.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I heard Tom Jackson interviewed after practice today on 102.3 FM in denver. Summary below:

Jackson:
Peyton Manning is THE story in the NFL. A 4 time MVP moving to Denver with what I think is a pretty quality football team. I think they are better than they appeared last year defensively.

Jackson: The running game will lose something with tebow's exit but you gain something with peyton getting people out of the box.

Receiving corp is much better than it appeared last year. Tebow could not throw the ball. Tracy is solid at the corner. Champ will be champ with the lead. Von and Doom will flourish with Peyton putting up 25 to 28 points. Don't know how they got 21 sacks last year playing from behind often.

on his impressions of the first practice:

Peyton looked good. Mechanics were great. Ball was on time and on target. Something we didn't see a lot of last year. Peyton has never had tremendous zip on the ball. He's not Elway. His strength is his ability to decipher the information, break it down, relate it to his team, and turn it into good football. One coach told me it's like playing against a computer when you go against Peyton.
I found these statements very interesting....i think they will be the big difference in this team's ability to win games this coming season.

Everyone on this team is excited because they all know that Peyton Manning enables this team to reach it's full potential, a defense (in particularly our pass rush) playing with a lead in most games, a young talented WR corps not having to wonder who that pass was intended for, and a coaching staff having a veteran QB that will almost always make the right call and hit the open man.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Hearing Tom talk about discussing the Broncos with Billy Thompson gives me chills. It's weird I know, but it does.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I saw Tommy interviewing PM on ESPN NFL Live yesterday. I was not a big Manning fan before but totally respect the guy now (kinda like how I felt about Romo, love him when he is on your team) it is fun knowing what a guy can do even if he is on the end of his career.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Kuper not limping the best news. We can't afford for him not to play at a high level. I thought last yr was a down yr for him but the offense was so screwy who knows.
Kuper's the key. You can say "OL is solid" all day if you want. I don't think it's true without Kupe on the field.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Kuper's the key. You can say "OL is solid" all day if you want. I don't think it's true without Kupe on the field.
We need Kuper and if Harris can return to form and push Frankin inside Manning may never be touched.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We need Kuper and if Harris can return to form and push Frankin inside Manning may never be touched.
OMG that would be great. Manning + time = points............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote